Vice Presidents...A serious question; please consider:

My guess is Mitch Daniels. Rubio is the ideal VP pick, if he would accept. With Rubio, you get a much better chance of winning Florida, a state that must be won, and you get a little more on the conservative side to appease the wing nuts.

With Rubio you will also pull a greater share of the Hispanic vote which means New Mexico may flip and Nevada would almost certainly be toast for Obama.

Oh you absolutely don't. Rubio is not much liked outside the Cuban Conservative circle...who Hispanics are mad at in general. Why? Because the immigration policy in this country puts Cubans ahead of the line. It's bizzare too. A Cuban essentially just needs to make it to American shores..and that's it.

Aside from that..Rubio lied about his parents immigration status. He said they were exiles when the truth was..they left during the Batista regime for economic reasons. So..he pissed off exiles and immigrants alike.

Romney really really wants to be president. He's not going with Newt if he wins the nomination. And while he's said some incredibly stupid things, he hasn't done the whole hog batshit crazy conservative thing. And he won't. His eye is really on the General. Look for a safe pick like Pawlenty. Rubio said he wouldn't do it..but who knows. He might even find someone more moderate then either of those guys.

Okay, lets say Pawlenty or Rubio. Or lets really get crazy (for now--watch out in 4-8 years) and say Nikki Haley. Or Richard Lugar, Jeb Bush, JC Watts, etc... The question I'm wanting answered is what is the harm in having your guy/gal in mind, naming him/her today and putting his/her credability, fund raising abilities, charisma, lieutennants, political apparatus, etc... to work for you as well as a named VP.

I understand that this isn't done but why isn't it done? I'm not seeing a huge downside to telling the public that "This is my Vice President" in December of 2011 versus August 2012. Having another big gun on the campaign trail who is working for you seems to be a plus.

I guess the big drawback is that some reporter will ask Mr. Pawlenty, Mr. Rubio, Ms. Haley, Mr. Lugar, Mr. Bush or Mr. Watts..."If you are prepared to take over as President, why aren't you running?" To me, it's a non issue since there are so many hurdles in the way to start with--namely money, electoral math, and of course money (it counts twice!).

But beyond that, I can't see a downside to naming your running mate in December verus 7 months later when they really can't add all that much to your campaign.

My guess is Mitch Daniels. Rubio is the ideal VP pick, if he would accept. With Rubio, you get a much better chance of winning Florida, a state that must be won, and you get a little more on the conservative side to appease the wing nuts.

Daniels? Maybe. But he is sort of scared of re-hashing some pretty dicey personal history. He would, however, be a mostly safe pick.

Gingrich/Rubio or Gingrich/Ryan
Romney Treasury Secretary
Huntsman SOS
Barack&Meechelle, White House Janitor Staff
Nancy Pelosi :In charge of cleaning White House Toilets

I think Newt would want Sasha and Mailia (sp?) to clean the toilets wouldn't they?

Gingrich/Ryan? Don't read the papers much do you?

No way in heck Rubio would run with Gingrich.

Oh you absolutely don't. Rubio is not much liked outside the Cuban Conservative circle...who Hispanics are mad at in general. Why? Because the immigration policy in this country puts Cubans ahead of the line. It's bizzare too. A Cuban essentially just needs to make it to American shores..and that's it.

Aside from that..Rubio lied about his parents immigration status. He said they were exiles when the truth was..they left during the Batista regime for economic reasons. So..he pissed off exiles and immigrants alike.

Perhaps, but he will pull a share who wish to see the first Hispanic VP. How much of a share is open for debate, but he will pull some.

Forum List

Back