Very warm year so far

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Old Rocks, May 19, 2010.

1. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,315
    Looks like 2010 has the potential to exceed 1998. So much for global cooling.

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - NOAA: NOAA: Warmest April Global Temperature on Record

NOAA: Warmest April Global Temperature on Record
    Also Warmest January-April
    May 17, 2010

The combined global land and ocean surface temperature was the warmest on record for both April and for the period from January-April, according to NOAA. Additionally, last month’s average ocean surface temperature was the warmest on record for any April, and the global land surface temperature was the third warmest on record.

The monthly analysis from NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center, which is based on records going back to 1880, is part of the suite of climate services that NOAA provides government, business and community leaders so they can make informed decisions.

2. westwall

westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,711

They're going to have a hard time fooling peple with this crap. We know that they have dropped 80% of the weather stations (all from the rural areas) so this data is meaningless.
    A few months ago I was in Albuquerque NM and there was a major storm. The day after the city was dry but 15 miles out of town in all directions was ice...lots of it. It is to date the best example of the urban island effect I have ever seen.

Try again old fraud...this poo poo won't fly anymore....there are too many people who know what NOAA is doing.

3. gslack

gslack Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    LOL, You ready oldsocks? HAHHAHAHAA!

The entire thing reeks... know why?

1. Just as westwall mentioned they cut 80% of their rural stations and instead doing the ethical and correct/honest thing. They keep right on going with what they got knowing full and well they will get "record" highs without the rural stations..

2. They use subtle little wordplay making sure we understand the warming areas. But then downplay the fact China experienced record low temps.. As I recall china is pretty dam big... Also they mention the snow coverage being the 4th lowest since.... 1967? WTF? THey have to pull this crap out of their ass now or what... What in the hell does that mean?

3. The entire thing measures anomalies... Why? well because anomalies allow for greater ability to make dubious claims.. It harder to prove them wrong without the data from the long time frame they use to chart the anomalies. Data which they keep and gather. SO if they are the keepers and the gatherers very few of us average joes can see if they are full of shit outright. We can get the data but we have to pay them and then wait for them to send it etc.... Most of us won't and they know this....

4. And the most telling thing in the whole line of BS..... You really should learn to read carefully what you buy into.... THis is embarrassing now.. Dude I really am embarrassed for you now...

Okay you follow this thing back to its source using the links on the site you linked to and eventually get here State of the Climate | Global Analysis | April 2010

And then we read the following in very small print...

So.... its a preliminary report... meaning not actually for sure right yet.. So why do they release it? Well because its the scam and they have to sell this... And whats the second part up there say? they are using a new dataset? Why? well it turns out they felt the old dataset gave too many low temps....Well how can they use a new dataset if they are comparing it to old temps to get the anomalies? I mean if the new data set is an improved version meaning something wrong with the old set, doesn't that make the old temps suspect?

Nice work on this oldsocks..... Really. You're lack of reading and lack of comprehension is a reliable addition to our side thank you very much...

4. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Still freezing my ass off...May 19th.

5. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,673
    I'll take the NOAA's word over posters who are just making poltical statements. :cool:

6. JWBooth

JWBooth Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,957
    Sure hope so, and with any luck, lots of extra carbon in the atmosphere, my crops should do especially well.

7. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    You are a pious man.

8. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,673
    Meaning? :confused:

9. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    wow! 130 years of records! that's more 0.00000002% of the life of the planet!

why, that almost meets the threshold for, for, um, well it's almost meaningful enough to, uh,...what i mean to say is....um....

you're shittin me right? :rofl:

pathetic

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. gslack

gslack Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    Thats good because I took the info from the NOAA link oldssocks provided.... Reading....Its a good thing...