Very Very Strange Phone Call!!! Has anyone ever had this happen before?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trinity, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Trinity

Trinity VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    This was so weird!

Last night my youngest and i were making brownies, while I was pouring them into the pan, the phone rang so I told my youngest to answer it, he did he said hello, then he said hold on my mom is making something, a few seconds later he says hello, hello, I then took the phone and there was no one on the line, weird not really maybe they just decided to call back later.

so about 10 minutes later I am sitting on the computer the phone rings again I answered it and some women is saying hello about 3 times, and so am I. I finally said can you hear me? she says yes, but doesn't ask to speak to anyone. so I said can i help you? she says she had just answered her phone. it rang and she was answering it. I said but mine just rang and I'm answering mine. so I'm thinking ok this is weird, maybe cell phone screw up or something. so i ask her name? she says Ethel, I don't know any Ethel's. She asks me mine, I tell her and she doesn't know me, not surprised here. She then asks if Lightning has struck by my house? I said no, as I'm looking outside it's not even looking like it's going to rain. so i ask where are you at? she Say's Texas I said What! Texas? I am in Ohio, So we both decided OK this is really weird, Then she says it must be fate, then wants to know if I am single? I said no I am married she then says oh well we could have had something special :puke3: Ok end of that conversation GOODBYE!

Now what are the odds of both mine and her phone ringing at the same time and answering at the same time and being thousands of mile away? Was it just a freak thing or is someone trying to tamper with phone lines?

2. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I think you have an admirer! :tinfoil: :D

3. Trinity

Trinity VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79

:eek2: Gross!!!!

4. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd have considered it my personal duty to freak them out so bad that THEY hung up. :) After all, if she answered her phone and you answered your phone, neither of you has the others number. :)

5. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Maybe "Ethel's" lieing and she has the hots for K and called her. Maybe Ethel doesn't live in Texas but right down the road. Hmmm, freaky, freaky!! :tinfoil:

6. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, sure.. Scare the crap outta here so she doesn't join our fun little "Let's see what happens if we do this..." game. :smoke:

7. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Maybe I'm Ethel :terror:

8. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    NOW you're talkin. :D

9. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Hehehehe...I've had caller ID for a long time. Before the National do not call list
    which has worked very well for me, I would screw with the tella-marketers all the time.
    My attitude was..screw em they called me without invitation!

The most fun I had was to answer the phone with "FBI, agent Smith".
    These idiots still ask for Mr. P....so I played, "No this is agent Smith and you've called
    an FBI special field office, how did you get this number?"
    After about 4 of these calls from the same company and after giving them the same story
    and telling them to not call back, a SUPERVISOR actually called...Huh!!!hahahahaha
    I used the same story on her...the calls ended.

10. Trinity

Trinity VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    You know if I hadn't been so grossed out and completly dumbfounded, when she said that. I could have had some fun with it. oh though, my youngest was standing there, so I wouldn't have been able to have as much fun as i would have liked.

and if she does happen to live down the road, I have a 12 gauge shotgun with deer slugs. :firing: J/K