Very efficient solar cells

If they increase the efficiency to 80% they won’t need subsidies. Not to mention economies of scale as demand rises.

If you want subsidized tech training, join The Armed Forces
Hmm, no, I think i won't. And I won't demand it of others , either. If that's okay with you, grumpy old man.

If you want something, you have to pay for something.

Or take it by force...

161001.png

If this works the current establishment won't allow it unless their corrupt asses are tossed off the backs of the people.

It's amazing how any time something comes up, if it works.... you sit there and say the evil establishment is making money on it.

If it doesn't work.... the evil establishment didn't want it to work.

Ridiculous logic.

This may be the method that puts solar on all roofs

Oh wow does it make the sun shine on cloudy days and at night?
I don't care what you do to it, solar is a hoax and a waste to keep technological fools amused.

Those flat flexy Monocrystalline Solar Cells are great at performing even during cloudy days and sometimes light rain cloudy days. Draws electric earlier in the day and later in the day compared to the former solar cells.
They have top ranked PTC ratings & high module conversion efficiencies compared to typical hard framed solar panels. Solar is more efficient then wind but both combined can offset each others less efficient days.
SOLAR is in some remote locations the only option & in places with access it makes more sense at vacation Cabins then paying $20+ month for non use by way of minimum base power fee the power companies charge.
Most people use their cabins and plan their trips during clear weather, so efficiency with that usage is not an issue.
They also make great noiseless backup emergency power without requiring every 4 hour refills with their congaline of gas cans.

If you want something, you have to pay for something.

Or take it by force...
I.E., taxes.

You poor, oppressed man. If only you could go back and live on the savannah, 100,000 years ago, when there were no taxes... alas, you suffer in 2019.... with taxes.

Last edited:
Lazard’s latest annual Levelized Cost of Energy Analysis (LCOE 12.0) shows a continued decline in the cost of generating electricity from alternative energy technologies, especially utility-scale solar and wind. In some scenarios, alternative energy costs have decreased to the point that they are now at or below the marginal cost of conventional generation.

unsubsidized-analysis-certain-100.jpg

At utility scale, both solar and wind are the cheapest form of generation, without subsidies. If they are correct about the ability of the nanotubes, they would simply add a step to the existing manufacturing process. And more than double the productivity of the panel. This would put solar as clearly the cheapest way to produce electricity. Add grid scale battery storage, and you have no need of generation other than solar and wind.

Just get your sock and put him on mount saint Helen's and tell him to blow.
And you honestly think that is an intelligent comment. Well,yes, you probably do.

If they increase the efficiency to 80% they won’t need subsidies. Not to mention economies of scale as demand rises.
Great.

If solar power ever becomes viable, its biggest problem will be government trying to regulate it to death or tax it for the politicians personal greed.

Seems to me the discussion has gotten sidetracked.

It would be a good thing if we could make a more efficient solar cell.

My biggest concern is the impact a global scale implementation would have on climate.

If people are worried about CO2 impacting the earth’s climate, they should worry about a global implementation of this technology even more.

Great.

If solar power ever becomes viable, its biggest problem will be government trying to regulate it to death or tax it for the politicians personal greed.
It’s viable now. It’s not economically feasible now but that can change with improvements in technology and economies of scale.

It's about the constitution.
Haha, sure . What a crock of shit. It's about your Randian purity. Nothing more.
Show me where the constitution gives the fed gov power to subsidize people or companies.
I'll wait, dumbfuck.
So, post a link or shut the fuck up
Where does the constitution restrict subsidies?
Its restricts them by not giving them the power, doofus

Haha, sure . What a crock of shit. It's about your Randian purity. Nothing more.
Show me where the constitution gives the fed gov power to subsidize people or companies.
I'll wait, dumbfuck.
So when when we went the moon that was unconstitutional?

I'll wait, dumbfuck.
You do realize that subsidies exist in reality, right?

So according to your logic every subsidy ever granted was unconstitutional, right?

I'll wait, dumbfuck.
So when when we went the moon that was unconstitutional?
NASA is unconstitutional. 85 percent of the fed gov is unconstitutional.
Shall I post the enumerated powers so you can stop saying stupid things?

I'll wait, dumbfuck.
You do realize that subsidies exist in reality, right?

So according to your logic every subsidy ever granted was unconstitutional, right?
Yes. Pass an amendment.

It’s viable now. It’s not economically feasible now but that can change with improvements in technology and economies of scale.
It's not viable for significant use now, because it's not economically feasible.

I hope that changes.

But you know if it ever becomes viable, the leftist will want it banned along with fossil fuels, right?

The Green New Deal isn't about the environment, it's about political power, greed, and control.

Forum List

Back