Very cool reception for Obama at West Point.

Being a NG or an AR or whatever type of reserve or guard is not the same as a military career. Don't get me wrong, PP, your types are absolutely essential. However, your general view is limited to your smaller community, not the larger one of the active full time military. Watch what happens to the RR. And thank you for your service.

I have no idea what makes you think I'm a reservist but that isn't the case...active duty for 20 years, now working for the USN as a GS-13 Engineer.

One thing in Obama's speech I wholeheartedly agreed with was this. He said ALL Americans should RISE to same level of commitment to service as the military.

JakeStarkey: mutter, mutter, horse, bgrith mandrake, mutter, crap, throw it, mutter, mutter. Translation of Starkey: " I don't know nuttin' "

One thing in Obama's speech I wholeheartedly agreed with was this. He said ALL Americans should RISE to same level of commitment to service as the military.

I am in agreement. All of us either supported the Commander-in-Chief or resigned and left the service. That is what happened after the Iran-Contra affair (I am still steamed that my superiors sent weapons to enemies who might have shot them back at us), and that is what began happening in 2005 and since as officers and careerists have found every possible way to get out and stop supporting the Bushian insanity.

To be honest, I can't really tell what you are talking about. The response to the President's entry was pretty loud. Especially compared to the Superintendent, whom I am sure the parent's have a high regard for.

Watch the whole speech.

You watched an entire speech that you thought was abysmal so that you could gauge how much applause he got? Jesus you have way too much free time.

West Point graduation ceremony reveals how far out of touch Obama has become with the American people. Just watch the audience reactions to his attempts at getting applause....other than some canned applause from the cadets.....there was very little.

Uhm. STFU.

President of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama III, is Commander in Chief of The Armed Forces of the United States of America.

He's not running for home coming queen.

Uhm. No.

Barack Hussein Obama was giving a campaign speech with dramatic pauses for applause and didn't get shit. Sucks to be a Democrat...:lol:...aways pissed off, always pessimistic, always full of self loathing...why don't you go buy another self help book, a tub of Ben and Jerry's and put on another 20lbs or so....you'll feel so much better

Fox News Video Omits Applause During Obama's West Point Speech (VIDEO)

In the official video, seen at bottom, cadets applaud after Obama says, "through their competence and creativity and courage, we are poised to end our combat mission in Iraq this summer."

In the Fox News version of the video, seen below, there is no applause but rather an awkward pause.

Uhm. STFU.

President of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama III, is Commander in Chief of The Armed Forces of the United States of America.

Uhm. No.

Barack Hussein Obama was giving a campaign speech with dramatic pauses for applause and didn't get shit. Sucks to be a Democrat...:lol:...aways pissed off, always pessimistic, always full of self loathing...why don't you go buy another self help book, a tub of Ben and Jerry's and put on another 20lbs or so....you'll feel so much better

In the official video, seen at bottom, cadets applaud after Obama says, "through their competence and creativity and courage, we are poised to end our combat mission in Iraq this summer."

In the Fox News version of the video, seen below, there is no applause but rather an awkward pause.

why am I not surprised? It's not referred to as Faux News for nothin'!

Uhm. STFU.

Uhm. No.

Is that the best you coud do? Huffington? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You are a fricken dupe!!!!!!!!!

Uhm. No.

And of course nobody would misrepresent what Fox News reported either. :rolleyes:

I WATCHED the speech on Fox News as it was being given. And other than the period when Obama was introduced and took the podium and the cadets did applaud politely through that process--no cheers or whistles that I could hear--there was no two-minute applause after that. There were a couple of polite rounds of applause of short duration.

According to Breitbart, Obama left out a couple of lines that were on the teleprompter commending on the applause because it just didn't happen. I can't imagine Cadets being impressed or excited about a speech about a "new International order" or being informed that he, as President, had absolute authority in some things. Can you imagine any other president saying such a thing to U.S. troops? No wonder that one of the less complimentary nicknames he has picked up is "His Arrogance".

And of course nobody would misrepresent what Fox News reported either. :rolleyes:

I WATCHED the speech on Fox News as it was being given. And other than the period when Obama was introduced and took the podium and the cadets did applaud politely through that process--no cheers or whistles that I could hear--there was no two-minute applause after that. There were a couple of polite rounds of applause of short duration.

According to Breitbart, Obama left out a couple of lines that were on the teleprompter commending on the applause because it just didn't happen. I can't imagine Cadets being impressed or excited about a speech about a "new International order" or being informed that he, as President, had absolute authority in some things. Can you imagine any other president saying such a thing to U.S. troops? No wonder that one of the less complimentary nicknames he has picked up is "His Arrogance".
so...let me get this straight... you think that Faux did NOT alter the video to take out that applause? You think, that the white hous added fake applause after the fact? Is that correct?

I watched the speech also and that's EXACTLY what I saw and heard also. You saw the camera pan to the crowd while Obama waited for applause...not more than 10% were clapping half heartedly when he made a dramatic pause on one of his talking points. It only happened once.

The only people who resent BHO are those who still resent the election results of 2008 when America rejected once and for all the failed GOP policies of two straight administrations. Absolutely nothing indicates that America, although not overly thrilled with Obama's administration, wants to go back to the neo-con nonsense and corporatist nonsense.

After Obama gave his "New World Order" speech the crowd completely lost interest in anything he had to say....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87b4a4a2wmY]YouTube - MINISTRY New World Order[/ame]

The only people who resent BHO are those who still resent the election results of 2008 when America rejected once and for all the failed GOP policies of two straight administrations. Absolutely nothing indicates that America, although not overly thrilled with Obama's administration, wants to go back to the neo-con nonsense and corporatist nonsense.

Who said anything about returning to the Bush years? Hint: WE NEVER LEFT THEM!!! Look at Obama's policies!!!!!

Not at all an accurate statement by you, PP, so I will leave it to you until you are objective in your comments.

Uhm. No.

Hard to say... Most likely it's the result of poor training...

Uhm. No.

Is that the best you coud do? Huffington? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You are a fricken dupe!!!!!!!!!
You laugh at Huffington while defending Fox.

Now THAT is funny!

:rofl:

Forum List

Back