Vernon Hunter

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Vernon and his son remind me of people who I work with.

Orangeburg, SC (WLTX, AP) - An Orangeburg County native, Vernon Hunter, is confirmed to be the victim in this past week's crash at an office building in Austin, Texas.

Hunter, 68, was killed when Andrew Joseph Stack crashed his plane into the office Thursday. That part of the building housed IRS offices. Previous Coverage: Plane Crashes Into Austin, TX Office

Hunter was a longtime worker for the Internal Revenue Service. His family members say he was Army veteran and devoted family man.

Hunter was apparently the only other person who died when Stack, who had anti-government sentiments, slammed his plane into the building. The pilot died in his attack, but left a ranting manifesto against the U.S. government and its tax code.

Hunter's son says he was alarmed by comments from friends of pilot Andrew Joseph Stack who said he was a good person and Internet postings calling him a hero.

Ken Hunter says his father was a true patriot who served about 20 years in the Army, including two tours of Vietnam. He says the 68-year-old would have been the kind of man who tried to save his co-workers before escaping himself.
Orangeburg County Native Vernon Hunter Killed in Austin Plane Crash wltx.com | Columbia, SC News, Weather and Sports |
Family mourns IRS worker killed in Austin plane crash | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWLuOXJivlU]YouTube - Vernon Hunter[/ame]

I wonder who was doing the net postings calling Stack a hero.
Sounds like the makings for another thread there.

Forum List

Back