Vermont political journalist unironically pens a column explaining how his experience shooting an AR-15 in an indoor range for 1st time rattled him!

parro_s-014.jpg

It is difficult to describe the impact — physical and personal — of that first shot. It felt like a meteor had struck the earth in front of me. A deep shock wave coursed through my body, the recoil rippling through my arms and right shoulder with astounding power. Being that close to an explosion of such magnitude — controlled and focused as it was — rattled me.

That candy ass is firing a 5.56mm....Has only a tad more recoil than a Ruger .22....And shock wave?!?....ROFLMFAO!!

He'd probably need a couple months of counseling if he fired an M-1A.

That candy ass is firing a 5.56mm....Has only a tad more recoil than a Ruger .22....And shock wave?!?....ROFLMFAO!!

He'd probably need a couple months of counseling if he fired an M-1A
I remember back in basic training in the Air Force during the Vietnam Era an instructor at the gun range demonstrated the lack of recoil of the M16. He put the butt of the weapon on his chin and fired it.

Recoil with a 5.56mm caliber rifle round is basically negligible.

parro_s-014.jpg

It is difficult to describe the impact — physical and personal — of that first shot. It felt like a meteor had struck the earth in front of me. A deep shock wave coursed through my body, the recoil rippling through my arms and right shoulder with astounding power. Being that close to an explosion of such magnitude — controlled and focused as it was — rattled me.

He'd probably need a couple months of counseling if he fired an M-1A.

Dudes a fucken pussy with an agenda to sell.
The only people he convinced are the people who want to disarm America already.

I remember back in basic training in the Air Force during the Vietnam Era an instructor at the gun range demonstrated the lack of recoil of the M16. He put the butt of the weapon on his chin and fired it.

Angry Cop on Youtube said they'd put the stock in their crotch and fire off a few rounds to show how little recoil the 5.56 had.

Angry Cop on Youtube said they'd put the stock in their crotch and fire off a few rounds to show how little recoil the 5.56 had.
Even on fully automatic the M16 lacked the recoil of an Uzi 9mm submachine gun I fired full automatic.

The guy looks old enough to have qualified for the draft. If so he would have more than a passing experience in firing a .22 "about 35 years ago". "A deep shock cursed through my body"? Give me a freaking break.

The M-16 has a buffer that takes a lot of the recoil.

Last edited:
The guy probably spent a bundle to be properly outfitted for the photo shoot. Vermonters used to be independent outdoors types. I guess they turned into a bunch of anti-gun sissies while we weren't looking.

Unfortunately people who shoot guns get used to them.

Sadly these guns are used for suicide and murder:

usgun-deaths-1999-2016.jpg

Within the first few lines you knew all this guy knows about firearms he has learned from Sarah Brady and Old Joe. A "high powered AR-15 rifle". What the Hell is that? He was never in the military that is more proof he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground but now is an expert having a day at the range. IT MAKES ME THANK GOD BOTH MY MOTHER AND FATHER WERE HUNTERS AND MY VACATIONS WERE SPENT IN A DEER CAMP OR DUCK BLIND

For us the Drill Sargeant put it up to a guys groin.

Unfortunately people who shoot guns get used to them.

Sadly these guns are used for suicide and murder:

usgun-deaths-1999-2016.jpg

wow, you are an idiot.

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rapes, stabbings, beatings, robberies and murders according to the centers for disease control.

Forum List

Back