verizon/samsung network extender....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
so last friday my cell phones quit working.....i have a network extender....so yesterday verizon tell me its an ip problem...which seem to surprise my ip service since they show the modem and router doing excellent...verizon is not really giving up any help they emailed me 12 steps to have the ip server do..and my ip server is questioning why verizon expects them to serve a verizon product...so i am caught in that hell between verizon and charter....any hints on the extender would be so appreciated....

so last friday my cell phones quit working.....i have a network extender....so yesterday verizon tell me its an ip problem...which seem to surprise my ip service since they show the modem and router doing excellent...verizon is not really giving up any help they emailed me 12 steps to have the ip server do..and my ip server is questioning why verizon expects them to serve a verizon product...so i am caught in that hell between verizon and charter....any hints on the extender would be so appreciated....
Find Sonny Clark and send him a pm. Verizon is doing software updates that are conflicting with local providers. While I do not use their phone their net billing system is rejecting pull numbers from credit cards. Even when the locals update the info Verizon computers revert to the old numbers causing monthy headaches.

Go to your local Verizon store and have them check your phone first. Your local coffee shop should have free wireless that you can try to reach with your cell phone to see if it is still working.

If you have any other wireless devices in your home use those to verify that they are still sending/receiving signals and data. (Kindle, Nexus, etc.)

Step one above will tell you if your cell phone is the problem and step 2 will confirm or eliminate whether your router is the problem.

Once you can identify where the problem is occurring you can address it accordingly.

It's a problem for Verizon to solve. Charter is not responsible for Verizon phone connections. I would take it Verizon and get them to make sure that I can properly connect.

my phone works fine.....it works when i am away from the house....i took it to verizon....but did not take all the cords...they do not service them so they had no cords...and get this.....there are no longer any techs at verizon stores....all online or telephone....i still have no phone service at home....i finally got them to over night another extender.....verizon still says it is an internet provider problem but of the 3 devices on the router this is the only one not working....i just have to go with my ip at this point...everything is checking out...hell they could even tell me the type of router....'i see you are not using our router' lol ....i feel like they looked in my pockets too....i have to go with the extender being back......now i have an expensive paper weight....

my phone works fine.....it works when i am away from the house....i took it to verizon....but did not take all the cords...they do not service them so they had no cords...and get this.....there are no longer any techs at verizon stores....all online or telephone....i still have no phone service at home....i finally got them to over night another extender.....verizon still says it is an internet provider problem but of the 3 devices on the router this is the only one not working....i just have to go with my ip at this point...everything is checking out...hell they could even tell me the type of router....'i see you are not using our router' lol ....i feel like they looked in my pockets too....i have to go with the extender being back......now i have an expensive paper weight....

I recommend that you call the Verizon techs and have them walk you through the process to connect your phone to the WiFi router again.

There might be a problem with your phone's wifi settings.

you know what the problem is.....no one listens....i dont have phone service at home...therefore i cannot call anyone from in front of the equipment....but we have done it....my hubby has trouble shooted this thing like its a blonde bar tender.....i assure you....he has checked it all...phones work in yard just not inside house

you know what the problem is.....no one listens....i dont have phone service at home...therefore i cannot call anyone from in front of the equipment....but we have done it....my hubby has trouble shooted this thing like its a blonde bar tender.....i assure you....he has checked it all...phones work in yard just not inside house

Then an extender will do no good. An extender would accomplish the opposite, it pushes the reach farther out.
Do all of your other wireless devices work fine? Laptops, and satelite radios etc.?
Take a laptop and do a broadband speed test... Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
Better yet go to the cmd prompt and type ping google.com -10
This will show if you network is dropping out.
If these two things show no problems - then the network is fine - it is the phone.

Forum List

Back