The best web browser of 2015:

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
pcw-browsers-primary-100609192-large.jpg

Firefox, Chrome, Edge, IE, and Opera compared

browser-testing-benchmarks-1st-set-100607510-large.png

I read all three pages of this. I have four of the five browsers on my PC and can give you my own rating. Edge is great with Cortana as a search engine but it sucks when coming to bookmarks. Opera has a great New Tab feature with all your most visited sites right there when you need it. Chrome has never thrilled me. And, the regular Firefox is okay but still too slow with my new PC and Win10. So, what is, in my opinion, the best? Check out Firefox 64bit Developer Version. Fast, easy to use, and with all the add-ons or plug-ins you wish.

upload_2015-8-21_15-39-36.png

Full story @ The best web browser of 2015: Firefox, Chrome, Edge, IE, and Opera compared

I hate this new Edge shit. Firefox Developer 64 bit you said?

I used Cyberfox for a while, but I had a problem with it; I don't recall what it was now. I might try it again at some point.

I usually use Firefox, but the issues with Flash have gotten annoying. That's particularly true since I'm now messing around with Linux, so I'm currently trying out Chromium.

I used Cyberfox for a while, but I had a problem with it; I don't recall what it was now. I might try it again at some point.

I usually use Firefox, but the issues with Flash have gotten annoying. That's particularly true since I'm now messing around with Linux, so I'm currently trying out Chromium.
How long Cyberfox's been around?

Yep

Developer is Firefox with added coding features built for people who build websites/apps
If you don't use it to test code, then it is just Firefox.

For me, it's still the fastest of the browsers I have

One possibility is it might have less "junk" than the standard Firefox has.
One way to test that is how much memory it consumes when sitting idol on google.com home page. WHich is a great site to test mem use, since it is essentially an empty page.
Open reg. Firefox and go to google. Now look at the mem usage.
Do the same for the other, and it would be interesting if it takes up less or more memory.

Yep

Developer is Firefox with added coding features built for people who build websites/apps

One way to test that is how much memory it consumes when sitting idol on google.com home page. WHich is a great site to test mem use, since it is essentially an empty page.
Do the same for the other, and it would be interesting if it takes up less or more memory.

How do you find your memory usage?

Yep

Ctrl+Alt+Del
Click Task Manager
Click "Processes" Tab...here you will see every process that is running, as well as the amount of memory it/they are using.

I usually have FF and Chromium going. FF is version 40 and Chromium is 44. I can't see any speed difference. I use two because I have Chromium as the cookie browser and FF blocked for cookies except a few sites I visit regularly.

Ctrl+Alt+Del
Click Task Manager
Click "Processes" Tab...here you will see every process that is running, as well as the amount of memory it/they are using.
Thanks

Forum List

Back