VeraCruz by Jay Bocook -- Reborn!

Feb 28, 2009
1980 I believe, not too sure. It's a marching band field show production number which we used in my HS band when I was a senior. It's pretty much been forgotten, almost unheard of in MB circles anymore, so I decided to get with SirNim who does some music for us on our parody songs, and resurrect this old blower.

Here's the result, we call it "Galicia." Enjoy:

http://eipnetworks.com/Galicia.mp3

Last edited:
  • Banned
I like it. ;)
This represents about 4 week's work.... We had no score, no sheet music.... Just a really old cassette recording and some really sharp memories. Separated by about 2000 miles of the good ol' US, Ben and I did this in the virtual world totally. Everything you hear except the "one-two-three-four" comes from SirNim's Korg keyboard.

64 tracks I believe it was.....

Maybe you could do a vid with us on a starship, zappin bad guys!

The USS Galicia!

:lol: Maybe, but that would be simple. Hmm ...
Hmm....

Ideas.....

I'd be like, Captain Midnight and shit!

Hmm ... thinking space cowboy look ... I like the new outfits. :razz:

I'll ponder it. I was thinking of possibly a "theme song" for the band. I have this weird image in my head for a video that needs a certain feel.

:lol: Maybe, but that would be simple. Hmm ...
Hmm....

Ideas.....

I'll ponder it. I was thinking of possibly a "theme song" for the band. I have this weird image in my head for a video that needs a certain feel.
If we had the technology and the wherewithal to be in deep space, traveling faster than light, zappin bad guys, we would be wearing whatever in the fuck we wanted to wear. If we wanted to fucking wear pick tights, with a pink mask and a big pink cowboy hat, that's what the fuck we would be wearing!

We don't need no stinking uniforms!

:rofl:

You forgot about "Highwayman" but let me re-master it.

Old track is here:

http://eipnetworks.com/highwayman.mp3

Oh yeah ... that could almost work.
I think it goes good with Galicia, could be the "action sequence" and stuff....

That's kinda what I was thinking for the band introduction thing I was going to work on, once I get Henry done that is. He's too integral to leave out.

Hmm....

Ideas.....

If we had the technology and the wherewithal to be in deep space, traveling faster than light, zappin bad guys, we would be wearing whatever in the fuck we wanted to wear. If we wanted to fucking wear pick tights, with a pink mask and a big pink cowboy hat, that's what the fuck we would be wearing!

:smoke:

I think it goes good with Galicia, could be the "action sequence" and stuff....

That's kinda what I was thinking for the band introduction thing I was going to work on, once I get Henry done that is. He's too integral to leave out.
Henry?

But yeah, we could have a space opera.... Us zappin bad guys!

Henry is Ben's character name. The heron, from the cartoon sketch he sent me I may be able to get it right. Just pondering the arms really before I do the modeling. Also going to try to add paw-like hands to the others.

Henry?

Henry is Ben's character name. The heron, from the cartoon sketch he sent me I may be able to get it right. Just pondering the arms really before I do the modeling. Also going to try to add paw-like hands to the others.
Sweet!

The paws just need to be furry human hands with long talons, the better for us to press buttons, pick guitars, or tear throats out of pinheads!

:smoke:
Did you listen to the Jazz numba before or after the smoke?

Henry?

Sweet!

The paws just need to be furry human hands with long talons, the better for us to press buttons, pick guitars, or tear throats out of pinheads!

:razz: Still pondering how they should look though. Just furry hands would be okay but it wouldn't fit with the style, so I want them more paw like. Henry will just be three skinny fingers for the hand, bird like. He'll use his beak on the keyboard too ... just for kicks. I wanted to do the hands for No Country, but I couldn't get them right yet, it would have made the strumming much better if I had gotten them. But for the introduction style video I need them. It will show the evolution, parts from each of the past vids, flashing between action shots of the characters, ending with them all standing in some cool pose at.

Forum List

Back