Vegan Gets Upset That She Gets Chicken Nuggets At Burger King

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
You just can't make this stuff up ladies and gentlemen. She's the one who ordered it in the first place isn't she? 🙄

I didn't know that Burger King was offering vegan chicken nuggets. If that was what was on the menu, and that is what she ordered, she's got a point for having the price of the nuggets refunded.

However................if she ordered them and didn't specify vegan, or if a vegan alternative wasn't on the menu, it's all on her for ordering the food.

But trying to get the rest of the order refunded? Why? Is her whole family vegan as well? If that's the case, what in the hell are they doing ordering at Burger King?

I didn't know that Burger King was offering vegan chicken nuggets. If that was what was on the menu, and that is what she ordered, she's got a point for having the price of the nuggets refunded.

However................if she ordered them and didn't specify vegan, or if a vegan alternative wasn't on the menu, it's all on her for ordering the food.

But trying to get the rest of the order refunded? Why? Is her whole family vegan as well? If that's the case, what in the hell are they doing ordering at Burger King?
They enjoy low-brow food.

Exactly! And I didn't know that there was such thing as vegan chicken nuggets to begin with. It sort of seems like a one or the other kind of deal.

They enjoy low-brow food.

Hey.............I enjoy some "low brow chow" on occasion. Yeah, it's bad for me, and yeah, the ingredients aren't exactly what you would call health food, but damn it..................flame broiled cheeseburgers with bacon are GOOD on occasion.

But then again, I'm not a vegan. I am a dedicated carnivore. I'm of the firm belief that if it doesn't die a loud, bloody death, it's a side dish.

Besides................if we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are all of them made out of meat? I'm a dedicated member of PETA by the way, People Eating Tasty Animals.

I've had vegan "chicken" nuggets before. There IS a HUGE difference in texture and taste.
Vegan nuggets are not juicy or greasy. They are firm and slightly rubber like. They have no taste, unless you use dip with them.
They aren't BAD by any means, but they certainly are BORING.

I can understand her feelings about this. Her doctor may have put her on a vegan diet because of her medical conditions, and just got used to it. And for someone thats been 100% vegan for a long time, eating meat CAN make them sick.

I had a friend some years ago that was the exact opposite. He ate nothing but meat and the occasional french fries. But his diet was 90% meat based. I made some baked veggies marinated in Italian dressing I thought he'd like. He tried them and liked them, but ended up going to the doctor for a sick stomach.

Apparently he's been on a meat based diet so long, his system cannot tolerate vegetable matter, unless its french fries. And his doctor had him tested because of this, and found out he's become allergic to most vegetables......most notably the green ones.

It's weird what can happen to your body when you only feed it certain things for so long.

I've had vegan "chicken" nuggets before. There IS a HUGE difference in texture and taste.
Vegan nuggets are not juicy or greasy. They are firm and slightly rubber like. They have no taste, unless you use dip with them.
They aren't BAD by any means, but they certainly are BORING.

I can understand her feelings about this. Her doctor may have put her on a vegan diet because of her medical conditions, and just got used to it. And for someone thats been 100% vegan for a long time, eating meat CAN make them sick.

I had a friend some years ago that was the exact opposite. He ate nothing but meat and the occasional french fries. But his diet was 90% meat based. I made some baked veggies marinated in Italian dressing I thought he'd like. He tried them and liked them, but ended up going to the doctor for a sick stomach.

Apparently he's been on a meat based diet so long, his system cannot tolerate vegetable matter, unless its french fries. And his doctor had him tested because of this, and found out he's become allergic to most vegetables......most notably the green ones.

It's weird what can happen to your body when you only feed it certain things for so long.

I can see where you're coming from as the story just seemed rather odd to me as ABikerSailor already said, if she was vegan wouldn't she have gone somewhere else than a Burger King? As I don't recall them having a vegan menu but maybe they do. The article posted in my OP never specified whether or not she had ordered vegan meat and it wound up that it wasn't vegan after all. It sounded like she got upset with what she ordered after going to a fast food restaurant when she knew that it wasn't vegan.

Maybe the reason she didn't go to a vegan restaurant and order food is because (a) it would have been too expensive to feed the whole family or (b) her family would have revolted and strung her up by her apron strings. While you may find a vegan or two in a family, it's pretty rare to see a whole family of them.

And...................if it WAS a whole family of vegans, why in the hell did they order from Burger King?

I can see where you're coming from as the story just seemed rather odd to me as ABikerSailor already said, if she was vegan wouldn't she have gone somewhere else than a Burger King? As I don't recall them having a vegan menu but maybe they do. The article posted in my OP never specified whether or not she had ordered vegan meat and it wound up that it wasn't vegan after all. It sounded like she got upset with what she ordered after going to a fast food restaurant when she knew that it wasn't vegan.

It depends on the store itself. A lot of the company owned stores will carry the plant based "meats".
Most of the franchises that are privately owned usually don't get into that stuff, because it costs them too much money to add it to the menu....and lose money if nobody buys it.

My friend in Canada was mad today because he stopped in a town he used to live in, and the McDonalds there didn't have poutine anymore.
He loves his freeking poutine!!! LOL

Franchises can sell what they want, even though the corporate office will goad them to sell something new. It's up to the owner to decide if they want to spend the money or not.

Forum List

Back