Van Ploughs into Pedestrians at busy Toronto intersection

Dragonlady

Designing Woman
Dec 1, 2012
Niagara Escarpment
A white van drove up onto the sidewalk at the corner of Yonge and Finch in Toronto just minutes ago. 8 to 10 people were struck. The driver is in custody.

Watching on TV now. No idea if this a medical situation or a terrorist attack.

Socialized medical situations consist of people getting ran over in the street?
And people wonder why americans dont want that shit?

A white van drove up onto the sidewalk at the corner of Yonge and Finch in Toronto just minutes ago. 8 to 10 people were struck. The driver is in custody.

No gun? Who cares?

During the G7 also. Witnesses say dude looked "angry", another guy said he "looked Middle Eastern", not my words, his, on CP24 a local news station. It's uptown, in a fairly upscale location between Finch and Sheppard, high end condos and relatively high wealth there.

The POS held up either a cellphone or a gun, according to two different witnesses. Great work by the police taking the POS alive. One guy said he saw 40-50 people get mowed down, Police officially say 10 hit, but haven't updated it in some time. It was intentional almost certainly, and he was apparently going between 70 and 80 clicks.

My guess is this was a terror attack. Canadian police have a reputation of downplaying these attacks, which serves nobody but those trying to give the appearance that terror doesn't occur here.

Here is an article that briefly shows the man getting arrested....

Van hits pedestrians in Toronto: Arrest made after up to 10 people injured in Yonge and Finch area

He is bald and swarthy ....
arrest_yonge_st.jpg

Allah monkey? :dunno:

More van control is needed.

VAN BAN!

The Constitution doesn't even mention vans once!
We don't want to ban vans, we just want to make sure no van is ever in the hands of a driver again!

More van control is needed.

VAN BAN!

The Constitution doesn't even mention vans once!
We don't want to ban vans, we just want to make sure no van is ever used to harm another human being! (insert ban here)

Only the government should have vans

Socialized medical situations consist of people getting ran over in the street?
And people wonder why americans dont want that shit?
Driver could have lost control due to heart attack, stroke, whatever. That obviously wasn't the case, but Dragonlady didn't know that when she posted.

Typical Canadian on CP24, "you hear about reckless driving all the time and now you see it".

Huh? Reckless driving, going a mile at 70-80 clicks along the sidewalk?

God help me, I'm Canadian..

This was no heart attack, You all know me and I always try to wait for the reason, and I do so now, however, this guy pointed a fake gun (cellphone based on one witness) or a real gun at police. This was intentional. Another guy said he saw his face and he had "rage" over it as he purposely turned to the sidewalk.

I will wait for the results, I would place my money on this being terror.

During the G7 also. Witnesses say dude looked "angry", another guy said he "looked Middle Eastern", not my words, his, on CP24 a local news station. It's uptown, in a fairly upscale location between Finch and Sheppard, high end condos and relatively high wealth there.

The POS held up either a cellphone or a gun, according to two different witnesses. Great work by the police taking the POS alive. One guy said he saw 40-50 people get mowed down, Police officially say 10 hit, but haven't updated it in some time. It was intentional almost certainly, and he was apparently going between 70 and 80 clicks.

My guess is this was a terror attack. Canadian police have a reputation of downplaying these attacks, which serves nobody but those trying to give the appearance that terror doesn't occur here.

Posting inflammatory lies as usual. There is NOTHING about the driver’s ethnicity or suggesting he had a gun.

Forum List

Back