Val Kilmer for GOVERNOR?!?

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
I was reading on Wikipedia that he is considering running for Governor of New Mexico in 2010, I don't put much stock in Wikipedia, it's more entertaining then anything. I did find a interview on the net though...........

Val Kilmer contemplates run for governor of New Mexico in 2010

SANTA FE, N.M. - Holy hornet's nest, Batman! The New Mexico governor's mansion?

Fresh from the inauguration, actor Val Kilmer is pondering running for governor in 2010, when Democrat Bill Richardson's second term ends.

"I'm just looking for ways to be contributive," Kilmer told The Associated Press on Thursday. "And if that ends up being where I can make a substantial contribution, then I'll run."

But there's no decision yet.

"It's really day to day," he said over tea at a local restaurant.

Kilmer, 49, grew up in Los Angeles but has called New Mexico home for more than two decades. He's currently registered as a Democrat and said he cast a ballot for Barack Obama from Bulgaria, where he was filming.

A Kilmer candidacy could throw a monkey wrench into the well-oiled Democratic machine of Lt. Gov. Diane Denish, who's already running for the job.

Kilmer's screen credits include Batman in "Batman Forever" in 1995, brash fighter pilot Lt. Tom "Iceman" Kazansky in the 1986 hit "Top Gun," and rock icon Jim Morrison in the 1991 Oliver Stone film, "The Doors."

Kilmer said if he ran it wouldn't have to be a conventional campaign. While the actor decides, he's getting out and about and has been listening to people — something he says he's pretty good at.

"What I do for a living is listen," he said, making a bold prediction: "If I run, I'm going to be the next governor."

Full Story........................
Val Kilmer contemplates run for governor of New Mexico in 2010

Although I like him as an actor, he has a reputation around Hollywood as being extremly difficult to work with and has a huge ego. He would not make a good Governor at all.

Although I do have to give him credit as he HATES Tom Cruise :)

He has been continuously and consistently employed in his chosen profession, so his alleged rep of "being difficult" must be overblown.

He has been continuously and consistently employed in his chosen profession, so his alleged rep of "being difficult" must be overblown.

Overblown? Every Director he has worked for has said he is difficult to work with. He keeps getting jobs because he makes money in the box office, just like Tom Cruise.

Overblown? Every Director he has worked for has said he is difficult to work with. He keeps getting jobs because he makes money in the box office, just like Tom Cruise.
You've spoken to every director he worked for?

"Being difficult" probably translates to "Republican".

He was also Mad Mardigan. I can't believe they didn't mention that.

Val is a dem I'd vote for.

"Peck"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiqvSXDwaf8]YouTube - 5 Second Willow[/ame]

val kilmer is also a scientologist, i thought liberals hated scinetolgists...i see hippys all the time downtown standing around with signs by the scientologist offices

I think you probably nailed it.

Hollywood doesn't like children, actors or actresses who won't allow themselves to be drugged and fucked. Therefore they are highly suspicious of the Children of "Scientology" (big echo there, --entology.....entology...)

Val Kilmer for GOVERNOR?!?

I'd vote for him if he ran his campaign in character as Jim Morison in "The Doors". With all that partying and pulling his dick out in public, he'd fit right in in politics.

Give him Christopher Lloyd as Jim Ignatouski in "Taxi" as VP and I'd give Morrison (Val) the nod for Commander in Chief. :eusa_whistle:

-Joe

Last edited:
val kilmer is also a scientologist, i thought liberals hated scinetolgists...i see hippys all the time downtown standing around with signs by the scientologist offices

No, Scientology is a cult all about taking other peoples money to advance their horrible cause, which is the Liberal creed.

Although I don't think Kilmer is a Scientologist, that is one of the things he attacked Tom Cruise on........

Does anyone LIKE Tom?

Though he must have a killer agent. His movies are something else.

Sure he is, but that character is awesome. And he can CRY. I noticed it while watching the last two biggies...mmm, the last MI and that alien movie.

His big skill is running like hell for a short squatty guy w/wide hips, and crying on cue and getting all snotty.

I love that shit!

And Vanilla Sky! And Minority Report..are you kidding? That stuff is why movies are MADE!

But yes, he is always the same character. The story lines are incredible, though.

And I even watched Valkrie...it was very good. I don't think he cried once. Which is why it wasn't a block buster. But it was still very good.

The guy can act. He may suck at life, but he's good at acting.

Forum List

Back