Vaccines are supposed to kill viruses, yes?

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
So all the Covid19 vaccines don't do that. Sorry, its possible that the vaccines contribute to the mutations and make things worse.

• Thanks
Reactions: EMH
Edit: Vaccines don't kill the virus, they create T-cells that disable cells that are creating the virus.

The science behind Covid-19
If you have been vaccinated, or previously had Covid-19, or neither, the Delta virus will rapidly replicate in your body if you are sufficiently exposed. No matter what your experience is you are infected and can infect others.

If you have not been vaccinated and get exposed, the Delta virus will, as always, rapidly proliferate. It will take up to a few weeks for your body to recognize and start to make T-cells specific to that virus so that they can stop your body cells that make the virus . In those weeks you may get very sick or die.

If you have been vaccinated, or had Covid previously, your body already knows how to rapidly make T-cells and can get to work immediately rather than take a few weeks to learn how. The results are a much faster response time which reduces the symptoms which will likely be mild or nonexistent.

The point is that everyone can spread the Delta virus at the onset, but the vaccinated people will recover sooner because their body is much faster at getting rid of the virus.

So all the Covid19 vaccines don't do that. Sorry, its possible that the vaccines contribute to the mutations and make things worse.
I never heard of a vaccine that killed a virus. What was the name of it, and what did it kill? All I know about getting was vaccines that made my body generate antibodies to resist or lessen the effects of viruses.

Basically, two things determine how well the vaccine works. The antibody levels that the vaccine has your body create, and how well those antibodies match the virus.

Pre-delta, the match was spot on, so everyone vaccinated was highly immune.

With delta, the match is not as good, so immunity with the same antibody levels is not as good. We can counteract that by increasing the antibody levels. That's what the upcoming booster will do.

Forum List

Back