VA workers given millions in bonuses as vets await checks

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
VA workers given millions in bonuses as vets await checks - CNN.com

A report issued by the VA's Office of Inspector General said the department issued millions of dollars in awards over a two-year period in 2007 and 2008.

"The frequent and large dollar amount awards given to employees were unusual and often absurd," the report stated.

The reports also called the payments "not fiscally responsible."

Four high-level employees received about $60,000, $73,000, $58,000, and $59,000, respectively, according to the report, without sufficient justification. Another employee received a $4,500 performance award within the first 90 days of her employment from a manager who said that she did not even remember her.

Dubya and DICK...the gift that keeps on giving. I thought the GOP were supposed to be for LESS government spending? I thought McCain was a Vet's best friend????

Are you sure they didn't mean that McCain was the best friend of the directors of the Department of Veterans Affairs?

Immie

Are you sure they didn't mean that McCain was the best friend of the directors of the Department of Veterans Affairs?

I'm certain of it. I heard McCain spew this lie countless times on the campaign trail.

I'm certain of it. I heard McCain spew this lie countless times on the campaign trail.

I don't know, if they are passing out "bonuses" like that, they can be my best friends.

Immie

VA workers given millions in bonuses as vets await checks - CNN.com

A report issued by the VA's Office of Inspector General said the department issued millions of dollars in awards over a two-year period in 2007 and 2008.

"The frequent and large dollar amount awards given to employees were unusual and often absurd," the report stated.

The reports also called the payments "not fiscally responsible."

Four high-level employees received about $60,000, $73,000, $58,000, and $59,000, respectively, according to the report, without sufficient justification. Another employee received a $4,500 performance award within the first 90 days of her employment from a manager who said that she did not even remember her.

Dubya and DICK...the gift that keeps on giving. I thought the GOP were supposed to be for LESS government spending? I thought McCain was a Vet's best friend????

I thought VA care was sub-par because the pay was sub-par.

Forum List

Back