VA Middle School Students Assigned to Do Research for Obama Campaign

If a teacher wants to teach about politics, don't you think it would be a little more even-handed if the students did their 'investigation' about ALL the candidates?

And exactly how would you feel if the assignment was for every member of the class to 'investigate' Obama and all his connections to domestic terrorists and Marxists? I think we would hear you screaming from coast-to-coast.

There is no reason whatsoever to believe that the students didn't research Obama in this class. Complaining that the class is unbalanced because this assignment only investigated Republicans is like complaining a class teaching arithmetic is unbalanced because one of the assignments focused on addition to the detriment of subtraction.
I assume you're ok with the exact opposite? Investigating only the Democrats, and supplying the findings to the GOP?

no answer. I thought as much.

class dismissed.

There is no reason whatsoever to believe that the students didn't research Obama in this class. Complaining that the class is unbalanced because this assignment only investigated Republicans is like complaining a class teaching arithmetic is unbalanced because one of the assignments focused on addition to the detriment of subtraction.
I assume you're ok with the exact opposite? Investigating only the Democrats, and supplying the findings to the GOP?

no answer. I thought as much.

class dismissed.

As much as I wish that I could help you reinforce your assumptions and dismiss me, I must instead refer you to post 75 for my reply.

I think you will find some of the points you are making addressed earlier in the thread, including the actual gender of the teacher. I find it a bit sad that you apparently feel so comfortable calling for the dismissal of someone based on a poor reading of a few paragraphs about one of his assignments.

I'm calling for dismissal based on political indoctrination of children to promote a partisan agenda.

And yes, had the children been assigned to find evidence that Obama was born in Kenya, I would also call for dismissal.

Though both amount to the same thing, you will defend the first and condemn the second.

this should have been a 50/50 assignment, if at all.

50% do it for Obama, 50% do it for the likely GOP candidate (Romney at the moment).

Then, they could discuss their results in the class. I see no reason to supply their work to either party/candidate.

Why narrow it down to an ASSUMED likely candidate when so many things can still happen from here? This is as close a nominating race has been in a long time, why forgo the opportunity to get these kids involved in researching and choosing for themselves instead of spoonfeeding them what someone considers "likely" which amounts to forming their opinions for them?

This reminds me of Sheriff Joe and his hand picked panel of civilian investigative experts who concluded that Obama's birth certificate was false.

CONZ get all butthurt over school children even hearing the NAME Obama.

Oh and sometimes having to argue your opponents side in a debate gives you valuable insight into their position.
But, not being very intellectually curious createures, CONZ are most likely unaware of this.

Were they, they would have reached the natural conclusion that modern RepubliCONism is a dismal failure with no future.

Last edited:
Why do I get the feeling before even reading this thread that:

1) The OP misrepresented what the assignment was

2) the usual pearl clutchers are having fainting spells over this

3) there are cries for the teacher to be fired or arrested or strung up or all three

4) that there are cries that Obama is responsible for this

5) that public education is evil, evil, evil!

So.....how did I do?

This reminds me of Sheriff Joe and his hand picked panel of civilian investigative experts who concluded that Obama's birth certificate was false.

CONZ get all butthurt over school children even hearing the NAME Obama.

Oh and sometimes having to argue your opponents side in a debate gives you valuable insight into their position.
But, not being very intellectually curious createures, CONZ are most likely unaware of this.

Were they, they would have reached the natural conclusion that modern RepubliCONism is a dismal failure with no future.
So, the sheriff used government money and time to investigate?

Forum List

Back