USSC To Hear College Affirmative Action Cases

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
College affirmative action back on Supreme Court’s horizon - The Washington Post

Sorry about all the legal posts - part of the profession. But I try to make sure they have a definite political link.

So they may hear one or even more cases soon. Good! I hope they turn it over. I think that Affirmative Action once had an appropriate place but that time has long passed. Even Obama has said that he would back the repeal of all affirmative action guidelines for colleges.
Let's hope they do just that.

College affirmative action back on Supreme Court’s horizon - The Washington Post

Sorry about all the legal posts - part of the profession. But I try to make sure they have a definite political link.

So they may hear one or even more cases soon. Good! I hope they turn it over. I think that Affirmative Action once had an appropriate place but that time has long passed. Even Obama has said that he would back the repeal of all affirmative action guidelines for colleges.
Let's hope they do just that.

I have to agree with you. I believe that if we are going to impose social educational guidelines in this country it should be based on a combination of three things. Although I'm ultimately not in favor of social engineering at any level other than charity driven issues. But if we have to have them they should most certainly not be based on any factors that are in direct violation of equal opportunity laws.

1. Need
2. Proven prior educational excellence
3. Prior or current service to our nation

Last edited:

Forum List

Back