USS New York

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
By VERENA DOBNIK (AP) NEW YORK — The USS New York, built with steel from the rubble of the World Trade Center, was put into Navy service Saturday both as a symbol of healing and strength. “No matter how many times you attack us, we always come back,” Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus said at the...

USS New York LPD-21 | A ship forged from the steel of the World Trade Center

uss-new-york.jpg

God bless the USS New York and all who sail on her.....

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing Navy1960.

I would also like to add you are one of the most respected, sensible, and kind posters on the USMB.

It's an honor to have you here as a member.

Happy New Year my friend.

-EZ

By VERENA DOBNIK (AP) NEW YORK — The USS New York, built with steel from the rubble of the World Trade Center, was put into Navy service Saturday both as a symbol of healing and strength. “No matter how many times you attack us, we always come back,” Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus said at the...

USS New York LPD-21 | A ship forged from the steel of the World Trade Center

uss-new-york.jpg

God bless the USS New York and all who sail on her.....

Fair winds and following seas USS New York...and strike a blow for freedom!!!!

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing Navy1960.

I would also like to add you are one of the most respected, sensible, and kind posters on the USMB.

It's an honor to have you here as a member.

Happy New Year my friend.

-EZ

Thank you Echo and the feelings are shared, now all I need to do is print this and show it to my daughter next time she asks for more money for her credit card bill, when I tell her she needs to watch the spending. LOL Seriously though, It's an honor to be around so many that are involved in making this nation so great!! You among them.

At the Northrop Grumman Corp. shipyard near New Orleans, the keel of the Somerset — named for the Pennsylvania county where Flight 93 went down, killing all 40 passengers and crew members — was authenticated by the ship’s sponsor, Mary Joe Myers, the wife of retired Air Force Gen. Richard Myers, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

“Out of tragedy, we can now turn our focus to a tribute to those brave men and women of Flight 93,” Myers said. The ship will “take the power and courage of the United States to the four corners of the world.”

Navy starts major work on 3rd ship named for sites of 9/11 attacks with traditional ceremony

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbHsLKNrPr8[/ame]

some will argue that the us is merely antagazing the enemy with this type of thing...will it make the uss new york the target of attacks....??

i say, rebuilt the world trade centers just as they were (better structural things perhaps, upgrades there) but rebuilt the on the same spot they stood...restore the towers...restore new york....restore the skyline ...

thanks for sharing navy....

some will argue that the us is merely antagazing the enemy with this type of thing...will it make the uss new york the target of attacks....??

i say, rebuilt the world trade centers just as they were (better structural things perhaps, upgrades there) but rebuilt the on the same spot they stood...restore the towers...restore new york....restore the skyline ...

thanks for sharing navy....

Your welcome, and interesting you should mention that, my statement to that is that it is a US Navy Ship and therefor in todays world is a a target for those wishing to do this nation harm to begin with if it's name were USS (fill in the blank). The Navy is honoring ALL thoe Americans on that sad day, and I submit that each time this ship pulls into a port it serves to remind people so they don't forget. It's funny you should mention the WTC, I was having the same conversation with a good friend the other day, and I mentioned the same thing, and told them it was a good thing that I had not been in that loop when it came to making the decision to rebuild the WTC, because not only would have it been rebuilt, I would have built it taller. Then again, no one ever accused me of being an artist I suppose and I guess thats the order of the day when it comes to building those sorts of things.

I wonder if those who step aboard the New Yorker get chills down their spines? I know I would. God Bless this ship and this America.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thank You Navy.

You know in the Navy there is a term called " plank owner"..

A "plank owner" is an individual who was a member of the crew of a ship when that ship was placed in commission. Originally, this term applied only to crewmembers present at the ship's first commissioning. Today, however, it is often applied to members of a recommissioning crew as well. "Plank owner" is not an official Navy term, and has consequently been variously defined by different Navy units.

Imagine how these young men and women feel who are "plank owners" of this ship. A very high honor and something to be very proud of. Your right Willow, it's a very strange thing and powerful draw that some ships have. Take for example the USS Arizona, if you have ever been there , the silence there and knowing that below your feet lay over 1000 Americans sinks in, and it's the same with many ships. This one no doubt will serve as a stark reminder of all the events of that day as will the next two.

I've seen the Military channel's program on this ship class. Awesome vessels. Let those idiots try to attack this ship. It should reduce the number of murderous asshats in the world by a few.

Forum List

Back