USPS ordered to boost late, extra trips for election mail

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
As it should be...the USPS needs to get off of its partisan ass and deliver the mail in a timely manner:

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy was ordered to immediately begin expanding mail delivery with extra trips and later deliveries after the U.S. Postal Service failed to improve performance less than a week before the election.
U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan in Washington late Tuesday granted an emergency request to enforce and monitor compliance with an earlier injunction he ordered. The ruling is a victory for civil rights groups and Democratic-led states that alleged in several lawsuits that the changes were undermining the election to the benefit of President Donald Trump.
“USPS personnel are instructed to perform late and extra trips to the maximum extent necessary to increase on-time mail deliveries, particularly for election mail,” Sullivan said. “To be clear, late and extra trips should be performed to the same or greater degree than they were performed prior to July 2020 when doing so would increase on-time mail deliveries.”
On-time delivery of First Class mail dropped to 69.8% on Tuesday, down more than 6 percentage points from previous days, the USPS said in a court filing Wednesday.
Mail delivery has taken on a new urgency amid a surge in use of mail-in ballots during the pandemic and Republican efforts to block ballots from being counted after Election Day, even if they’re mailed on time. And conservative justices on the U.S. Supreme Court signaled this week that any ballots counted after Election Day could lead to “charges of a rigged election.”
Read More: USPS Says Timely Vote Delivery Isn’t a Constitutional Right

Sullivan gave DeJoy until Thursday to distribute guidance to USPS leadership across the country with state-specific ballot-receipt deadlines and remind them of the need to “ensure that completed ballots reach the appropriate election official by the state’s designated deadline.”

partisan?.....when i started long ago you could have said that my city was around 80-20 democrat.....when i retired 7 years ago it was around 60-40 democrat.....many kids coming back from Afghanistan and Iraq who got jobs there were pretty much Republicans....
“USPS personnel are instructed to perform late and extra trips to the maximum extent necessary to increase on-time mail deliveries, particularly for election mail,”
when i left you were not allowed to work over 10 hours a day,the guys i know who are still working told me this is still in effect.....even with election mail....especially when it gets dark early....

partisan?.....when i started long ago you could have said that my city was around 80-20 democrat.....when i retired 7 years ago it was around 60-40 democrat.....many kids coming back from Afghanistan and Iraq who got jobs there were pretty much Republicans....
“USPS personnel are instructed to perform late and extra trips to the maximum extent necessary to increase on-time mail deliveries, particularly for election mail,”
when i left you were not allowed to work over 10 hours a day,the guys i know who are still working told me this is still in effect.....even with election mail....especially when it gets dark early....
I didn't mean the rank and file..but rather the Cabinet and sub-cabinet appointees-who are dragging their feet for Trump.

I didn't mean the rank and file..but rather the Cabinet and sub-cabinet appointees-who are dragging their feet for Trump.
the guys who actually run the place are the District Managers,when i was there they would take what the PM said and do it the way they felt it should be implemented and OT was always their pet peeve to keep to a minimum....election mail combined with Christmas mail was pretty fucked,just about everyone was going 10 hours,BUT they wanted you off the streets by dark....so this judge might be wasting his time....they cant make you go out for a handful of political mail if you feel its unsafe......and delivering in the dark is pretty unsafe,you cant see shit....

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy was ordered to immediately begin expanding mail delivery with extra trips and later deliveries after the U.S. Postal Service failed to improve performance less than a week before the election.
U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan in Washington late Tuesday granted an emergency request to enforce and monitor compliance with an earlier injunction he ordered.
Now, where have we heard that name before?

Hmmm.

the guys who actually run the place are the District Managers,when i was there they would take what the PM said and do it the way they felt it should be implemented and OT was always their pet peeve to keep to a minimum....election mail combined with Christmas mail was pretty fucked,just about everyone was going 10 hours,BUT they wanted you off the streets by dark....so this judge might be wasting his time....they cant make you go out for a handful of political mail if you feel its unsafe......and delivering in the dark is pretty unsafe,you cant see shit....

Delivery..sure, I see that. But processing? Sorting? Bulk transit?

We're not really talking about home delivery here.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: GT
The USPS is partisan towards the Ds as the Rs want to put it out of business.
The civil servants..maybe..but the top leadership is in the tank for Trump.
Any names I can check out?
Well...Louis DeJoy for starters....Postmaster General.
all the shit this guy is accused of was going on even back in the 80's and 90's......trump has blown this thing way out of proportion and the democrats and the postal unions are also exaggerating the problems......in my 33 years carrying mail i have seen this shit off and on,especially the OT bullshit....

what management does could affect home delivery.....and making those late extra trips are home deliveries are they not?...

what management does could affect home delivery.....and making those late extra trips are home deliveries are they not?...
Well--the ballots are mailed and delivered, true enough..of course..that's been done now for a while...the returning of ballots is a collection and collation process, right? A driver emptying a box and driving to the post office can happen 24/7, in theory--and in a safe manner.

Well--the ballots are mailed and delivered, true enough..of course..that's been done now for a while...the returning of ballots is a collection and collation process, right? A driver emptying a box and driving to the post office can happen 24/7, in theory--and in a safe manner.
they can only pick up a blue collection box after the time thats posted on the box not before, and as far as i know, its only done once a day....unless, it might have more than 1 pick up time.....the boxes usually outside the PO have more than 1 pickup.....11 AM and 5pm....

they can only pick up a blue collection box after the time thats posted on the box not before, and as far as i know, its only done once a day....unless, it might have more than 1 pick up time.....the boxes usually outside the PO have more than 1 pickup.....11 AM and 5pm....

There ya have it..pick up three times a day..until election is over.

There ya have it..pick up three times a day..until election is over.

there is no need too.....the mail inside only starts going anywhere after its all collected by 5 PM.....then the trucks bring it from the stations to the plants and around 7-8 oclock the machines start going...

The USPS is partisan towards the Ds as the Rs want to put it out of business.
The civil servants..maybe..but the top leadership is in the tank for Trump.
I really don't think President Trump would sink so low he'd ever tolerate such a thing, Mr. Fleegle. He's an up and up good businessman. All he asks of his employees is for them to do the best job they can. He'd never ask curbstoning from anybody.

Forum List

Back