USMC vet claims PTSD and demands "right" to have pet dog with him at work.

The history of mankind is bloody, brutal, wars. Today, humanity is subject to innumerable mental and emotional assaults. It comes down, always, to the individual standing up, finding a wellspring of intestinal fortitude and going on with their lives. Some people overeat or drink. They must stop. No one is going to do it for them.

I just don't believe that PTSD is a real condition. It's an excuse. It's the last emotional straw to cling to. But, assuming there is such a thing, like hoarding, compulsive handwashing or any other weakness of the spirit, you grit your teeth and white knuckle through. There is nothing wrong with having a dog or loving your dog. I have a dog. What happens when the dog fails? Is it your fault or the dog's?
I'd rather help someone who needs an "excuse" for what combat did to them while in the service of our country....than listen to someone who has excuses for NEVER serving our country.
Then go, be an enabler.
So...what's your excuse for never having served your country? What's your excuse for whining about those who have served and have come back less than perfect?
I assumed that I was not psychologically suited for the military. Not a team player.

They served, came back less than perfect and returned to infantilism. What happened between the men who fought and won wars far more bloody than these and the men of today? What happened?

The dog did nothing more than interrupt. Someone saying "knock this shit off " would serve the same purpose. Him, the man himself, could do the same thing.
So that's your excuse.....I give it a ton less weight than any servicemember who comes back and needs help.
Then go, be an enabler. Help them be thumbsuckers.

The curious part is, when they had to, these men were capable of serious bravery under deadly circumstances. They weren't all desk commandos who got PTSD playing Call of Duty and watching old Delta Force movies. When they come back. Whatever gave them the spine they used to act, is gone!

What are we doing to make these men bed wetters?

claim to have 'ptsd' and get special favors and recognition and most importantly free money for life . All it takes is a claim and interviews with a head doktor , maybe some behaviour like legal drinking of alcohol and 'ouila' , free money , favors and recognition for life . Also , there is probably some leiniancy by the law and legal system built into having PTSD . [Head doktors also get a cut of the taxpayer money]

Forum List

Back