Nov. 10th. Happy Birthday Marines

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Anyone know what day the US Army or the USAF was established? I bet you couldn't find an Army or AF general who knows or cares for that matter. Every Marine thinks of Nov. 10'th as his second birthday whether he is a Pvt. or a General and no matter when he served on active duty. Semper Fi brothers.

Anyone know what day the US Army or the USAF was established? I bet you couldn't find an Army or AF general who knows or cares for that matter. Every Marine thinks of Nov. 10'th as his second birthday whether he is a Pvt. or a General and no matter when he served on active duty. Semper Fi brothers.

:drills: :drills: :drills:

vets.jpg

These two recently spoke at the local university. Gentleman on the left joined Marines at 15. He had an adult accompany him to the recruiting station where he swore that he was his son and that he was 18. After a year of training, this Marine was assigned as a tank driver and sent to Iwo Jima.

On the right is a Navy Corpsman and Veteran of four Pacific campaigns. At 19, he once lost all 38 Marines on his LVT to a water-borne mine. He was the only survivor. For the last 20 years, he has reported weekly to his VA clinic for PTSD counseling. He takes 17 separate medications. I left with tears in my eyes.

This country used to raise men. Now, it's anybody's guess.

238 years ago the best fighting force in the world was created.

Happy Birthday to all my brother and sisters Marines.

All those who served in the the USMC who are living today are still Marines. Former Marines are those who have gone to guard the Gates of Heaven.

238 years ago the best fighting force in the world was created.

Happy Birthday to all my brother and sisters Marines.

All those who served in the the USMC who are living today are still Marines. Former Marines are those who have gone to guard the Gates of Heaven.

:salute: to everyone of them, including my dad....

Forum List

Back