Using the word "Compromise": Obama 6, Boehner 0

During Obama's speech, he used the word "Compromise" 6 times. Boehner used the word "Zero" times.

Is there any significance to "compromise"? Is it possible to explain "negotiations" and not use the word "compromise" a single time?

To me, the player that cares the least holds the stronger hand.

You drool 14 times every time you attempt to make a sentence.
Then you stutter, pick your nose and scratch your ass.
Then your father Jap-slaps you in the back of the head and tells you to STFU.
What's your point?
Ever been laid?

Wow, that was deep. You're so smart.

That's the difference between Democrats and Republicans. Democrats are all rhetoric and no action. Republicans are no rhetoric and some action.

What actions have the Republicans completd in the last ten years?

That's the difference between Democrats and Republicans. Democrats are all rhetoric and no action. Republicans are no rhetoric and some action.

Wrong. They both commit to "action".

Democrats try to bring health care to millions of Americans.

Democrats try to create a "jobs" program.

Democrats try to make education affordable.

Republicans tricked America into invading Iraq.

Republicans give oil companies subsidies and cut taxes for billionaires.

Republicans slash education.

See?

During Obama's speech, he used the word "Compromise" 6 times. Boehner used the word "Zero" times.

Is there any significance to "compromise"? Is it possible to explain "negotiations" and not use the word "compromise" a single time?

There is a lot of significance to compromise, without it we would not have had slavery in this country.

You might still believe in Obama, but the press is starting to see the truth. They are asking the same thing I have been for weeks, where is the plan?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cqmMhzybek]‪"Show Us The Plan!": WH Press Corps vs. Carney on Obama's Debt Plan‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

There is a lot of significance to compromise, without it we would not have had slavery in this country.

You might still believe in Obama, but the press is starting to see the truth. They are asking the same thing I have been for weeks, where is the plan?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cqmMhzybek]‪"Show Us The Plan!": WH Press Corps vs. Carney on Obama's Debt Plan‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

There is no plan or guidance or leadership. It's a mystery.

Where was the compromise when hc and stimulus were ramrodded down our throats?

Compromise

Healthcare: dropped universal healthcare, dropped government option, stretched out implementation to meet CBO approval, changed wording to ensure no abortion would be covered, added mandatory coverage

Stimulus: set aside 40% of stimulus for tax credits, moved execution of stimulus programs to individual states

That's not compromise. That's what some of the conservative democrats were forced to do from their representative districts.

Sounds like compromise to me

Most was actually conceded to get Republican votes in committee. Remember Olympia Snowe?

Last edited:
A refusal to raise taxes while insisting on program cuts is not ‘negotiating’ and makes compromise impossible.

Do you have a brain?

It is not only negotiation, it is holding the winning hand in the negotiation. It just is not giving you what you want, which is fine with me.

Compromise

Healthcare: dropped universal healthcare, dropped government option, stretched out implementation to meet CBO approval, changed wording to ensure no abortion would be covered, added mandatory coverage

Stimulus: set aside 40% of stimulus for tax credits, moved execution of stimulus programs to individual states

Wow, Obama can compromise with Democrats who want the exact same thing he does.

Color me unimpressed.

Compromise

That's not compromise. That's what some of the conservative democrats were forced to do from their representative districts.

Sounds like compromiose to me

Most was actually conceded to get Republican votes in committee. Remember Olympia Snowe?

Yeah, you're right. They picked her off in the senate because the numbers were 59-41.

Compromise

Brown trout...(how fitting). No... I guess that's not Compromise in your eyes and those of your cultist brethren. Because Compromise to you nutjobs is "you're way... or no way at all". That's the way it's been since Obama took office and tried to make good on issues he was elected to address.

Compromise

Brown trout...(how fitting). No... I guess that's not Compromise in your eyes and those of your cultist brethren. Because Compromise to you nutjobs is "you're way... or no way at all". That's the way it's been since Obama took office and tried to make good on issues he was elected to address.

Nutjobs? Have you checked the latest numbers on our deficit and debt numbers? 5T by Bush and 4.5T by Obama and growing. Where's the compromise on our massive slide into the abyss?

"Most was actually conceded to get Republican votes in committee. Remember Olympia Snowe?

Yeah, you're right. They picked her off in the senate because the numbers were 59-41."

BS- Pubs aren't allowed to vote with Dems, the little goosesteppers. And compromise is unknown to fanatics.

Forum List

Back