USA was really really dumb to move so much manufacturing to China

They are economic criminals and any country doing business with them are committing suicide.

We are so vulnerable.

What a colossal geo political blunder by some many stupid swamp creatures.

If China makes all of our shit, doesn’t that make us beholden to them. We can just tell them to pound sand. He rely on them.

So fucked.

TPP? So fucking stupid.
Agreed. But you have to also include the Republicans in that shit too.

I'm just waiting for the big war and the moment when all our bullets and missiles and other weapons don't work against the people who make them for us.

I didn’t exclude Pubs. Any Swamp creatures who helped get us in this bad position should be voted out. Utter bullshit.
Yep. I'd go so far as to charge them criminally.

Under no circumstance should our munitions and means of defending ourselves be provided by those who might be our enemy.

China actually has a minister of PROPAGANDA. THEY SPREAD LIES CONSTANTLY....and we have to rely on this nation?

What the fuck?

Over regulation encouraged businesses to leave.

When we ship chicken to China to get processed and then sent back here, there are serious issues.

How the hell is this a thing?

USDA Allows China to Process U.S. Chicken

All of DC is to blame.

We are so vulnerable.

If China makes all of our shit, doesn’t that make us beholden to them. We can just tell them to pound sand. He rely on them.

So fucked.

TPP? So fucking stupid.

I'm just waiting for the big war and the moment when all our bullets and missiles and other weapons don't work against the people who make them for us.
It astounds me that republicans have seemingly forgotten being "free trade" true believers way past the point it became clear that we were getting screwed. Only the progressive movement can claim that their hands are clean on the trade policies that gutted our manufacturing capacity.

Insanity since it was Bill Clinton that sold US Missile Guidance to China and got them in to the WTO, and it was American Dollars that built that entire country in to the Global threat it is now.

That’s actual treason.

maxresdefault.jpg

~S~

We are so vulnerable.

So fucked.

TPP? So fucking stupid.

It astounds me that republicans have seemingly forgotten being "free trade" true believers way past the point it became clear that we were getting screwed. Only the progressive movement can claim that their hands are clean on the trade policies that gutted our manufacturing capacity.
No, they can't. But you roll with that.
Remember when you used to cheer when a union shop got shut down and sent to China? Republicans waged a still ongoing 40 year war on organized labor that purposely threw the baby out with the bathwater. Was it worth it? We can no longer even the make the machines that make other machines.
I did? I never cheered for that. I think I need to stop responding to the ankle-biters.

We are so vulnerable.

So fucked.

TPP? So fucking stupid.

Remember when you used to cheer when a union shop got shut down and sent to China? Republicans waged a still ongoing 40 year war on organized labor that purposely threw the baby out with the bathwater. Was it worth it? We can no longer even the make the machines that make other machines.

Reducing union influence has nothing to do with sending all manufacturing to China. You are very misinformed.

Unions made wages higher and less productive. They were fine during the early 1900s, but were completely passé since the 1950s. They are just a way for politicians to be corrupt.

We are so vulnerable. Look, China won’t even deliver masks to the USA manufactured by American owned companies.

If China makes all of our shit, doesn’t that make us beholden to them? We can just tell them to pound sand. He rely on them.

So fucked.

TPP? So fucking stupid.
Don't tell us, tell all those rich republican bastards who did it.

Like tRump.

We are so vulnerable.

So fucked.

TPP? So fucking stupid.

when did he say democrats and left out republicans???

both are responsible,,,

If greedy American workers didn’t demand so much money from their put upon employers, this never would have happened.

We are so vulnerable.

So fucked.

TPP? So fucking stupid.

when did he say democrats and left out republicans???

both are responsible,,,
Just making sure they get their fair share of the blame.

We are so vulnerable.

So fucked.

TPP? So fucking stupid.

I did? I never cheered for that. I think I need to stop responding to the ankle-biters.
I think you need to know more about the recent history of the party you support. Protectionism used to be the dirtiest word in "business friendly" politics. Protecting an American job was tantamount to treason against capitalism. Now here we are 40 years too late with republicans trying to pretend they want to have a trade war.

Is having the government tell companies where their products can and can't be produced a form of regulation that conservatives can accept?
National security is a form of regulation THIS conservative can accept.

I think you need to know more about the recent history of the party you support. Protectionism used to be the dirtiest word in "business friendly" politics. Protecting an American job was tantamount to treason against capitalism. Now here we are 40 years too late with republicans trying to pretend they want to have a trade war.
None of that is true.

Business-friendly has never been treason.

How was Trump able to bring back so many manufacturing jobs?

Deregulation.

Regulations is a favorite way for politicians to stifle businesses they don’t like. We all know this.

We are so vulnerable. Look, China won’t even deliver masks to the USA manufactured by American owned companies.

If China makes all of our shit, doesn’t that make us beholden to them? We can just tell them to pound sand. He rely on them.

So fucked.

TPP? So fucking stupid.

No, it doesn't mean any of that. If China didn't make the stuff, someone else would. And in fact, many countries make "all our stuff". China is logically the largest trading partner, simply because they have 1.4 Billion people.

But we're not beholden to them. If they cut trade, we would trade with someone else.

Now the key to this discussion is that if China didn't exist, most manufacturing would still have moved outside the US.

First, you need to stop saying things like "the USA was dumb to move..." The USA didn't move anything. You make it sound like the country got together and said, let's move such and such.... that never happened.

Companies react to the economic incentives given to them. When you Unionize a plant, and drive up the cost of labor and production, and the company can't make a profit in the US anymore, then you move manufacturing out of the country.

You could ban imports from China, but that won't bring a single job back to the US. As long as it is not economically viable to manufacture something in the US, then it won't be manufactured here ever. You have to reduce the cost of manufacturing in the US, and more manufacturing jobs will be created here.

How do you do that? Get rid of the Unions. Reduce the regulations, and cut health care mandates.

That is how you bring manufacturing jobs back.

So fucked.

TPP? So fucking stupid.

No, it doesn't mean any of that. If China didn't make the stuff, someone else would. And in fact, many countries make "all our stuff". China is logically the largest trading partner, simply because they have 1.4 Billion people.

But we're not beholden to them. If they cut trade, we would trade with someone else.

Now the key to this discussion is that if China didn't exist, most manufacturing would still have moved outside the US.

First, you need to stop saying things like "the USA was dumb to move..." The USA didn't move anything. You make it sound like the country got together and said, let's move such and such.... that never happened.

Companies react to the economic incentives given to them. When you Unionize a plant, and drive up the cost of labor and production, and the company can't make a profit in the US anymore, then you move manufacturing out of the country.

You could ban imports from China, but that won't bring a single job back to the US. As long as it is not economically viable to manufacture something in the US, then it won't be manufactured here ever. You have to reduce the cost of manufacturing in the US, and more manufacturing jobs will be created here.

How do you do that? Get rid of the Unions. Reduce the regulations, and cut health care mandates.

Who implemented the regulations and heath care mandates? Elected officials from both parties killed the climate for manufacturing within our borders.

None of that is true.

Business-friendly has never been treason.
????
Read it again.

So fucked.

TPP? So fucking stupid.

Now there's an old fashioned conservative that never saw an American job that was worth protecting.

The vast majority of corporations care less what is best for the country. They care only for their profits.

Of course they want the country to run to their protection when they feel wronged by the country they moved to.

Forum List

Back