USA needs an Obama v Paul showdown

Libertarians are not faux conservatives---You should know that if you actually considered voting for Ron Paul for any office!

Sorry I have to disagree here. They are mostly siding with Conservatives.

I really like Dr. Paul's views on the military..and agree with him 89%.

But when he gets into some of the other stuff..like getting rid of the Fed..

Whoa Nelly.

This country needs a showdown between Barack Obama and Ron Paul in a general election. We're at a crossroads right now in our nation's history and this is a rare opportunity for the people to have some real say in which path we follow.

Well , you are forgetting about the parastic faction which composes close to 50% of the electorate.

They vote early and often and do not give a shit about the principles Dr Paul cares about.

It'll either be Paul vs Obama or Obama vs Obama.

In other words it'll be Obama vs Obama next election, kinda like how it was Bush vs Bush in the last one, I'll be super excited.................................

Yes, but they still may conclude that the stakes are too high not to.

Who EXACTLY would 'they' be in this situation, considering you're saying that a conservative movement would sabotage a conservative candidate in favor of the most hated liberal president since at least Carter?

I'm referring EXACTLY to the establishment you spoke of, who now controls the Tea Party movement. I'm not talking about real conservatives sabotaging a conservative candidate, I'm talking about faux-conservatives sabotaging a real conservative.

So you're saying, for instance, that someone like Dick Armey would sabotage the GOP's chances by getting an establishment GOP candidate to run 3rd party?

Who EXACTLY would 'they' be in this situation, considering you're saying that a conservative movement would sabotage a conservative candidate in favor of the most hated liberal president since at least Carter?

I'm referring EXACTLY to the establishment you spoke of, who now controls the Tea Party movement. I'm not talking about real conservatives sabotaging a conservative candidate, I'm talking about faux-conservatives sabotaging a real conservative.

So you're saying, for instance, that someone like Dick Armey would sabotage the GOP's chances by getting an establishment GOP candidate to run 3rd party?

In the event that Ron Paul wins the 'official' GOP nomination, possibly.

Obama: So how's that secession think working out Dr. Paul.

Paul: Martians stole my fruit loops!

Ron Paul has never said he wants any kind of secession, and it was Paul Krugman talking about martians not Ron Paul.

We recently had GOP establishment stooges here claiming that Paul's grassroots popularity is being hyped by the liberal media, because they 'know' he can't beat Obama in the general. An idiot's conspiracy theory to be sure. First, the so called liberal 'mainstream' media is ignoring Paul just as much as Fox News is ignoring Paul, so the theory fails on the facts alone, before you can even get to a subjective evaluation.

I actually wish this theory were true. I wouldn't care how Paul won the GOP nomination, because if he did, I honestly think he can beat Obama head-to-head (if there is no 3rd party spoiler).

Last edited:
Politically there is outer space.

Then there is a zone Ron Paul occupies.

All he would have to do is come up with a government conspiracy to assassinate him..and he could go one up to the Lyndon Larouche zone.

Liberty and personal responsibility frighten many from the left.

He not only talking about that. He's talking about dismantling the American economic machine.

To be replaced with what? The Gold standard? The barter system?

He's also Milton Friedman on steroids. He hates all regulations. That's nuts.

We aren't a small 13 state agrian based nation anymore.

The sooner people wake up to that the better.

Gold became money because of the failures of the barter system, but Ron Paul wants to introduce competing currencies. Why not let people use the money that they want to use?

Ron Paul is NOT going to win the Republican nomination, so all his half-baked followers are just going to have to put down the pipe and face reality.

Why would Obama want to face off with a 3rd rate politician?
Politically speaking of course.

Is that a serious question? If so, you're an idiot. No offense.

Clearly Obama wants to get re-elected, so from his standpoint the lower rate his opponent the better.

If Obama supporters really thought Paul was so easily beatable, they'd be trying to help him win the GOP nomination rather than trying to sabotage his campaign hopes.

Right, this is where I was trying to lead the discussion.

So in suggesting this, what are you trying to say? That the republican establishment isn't really conservative at all, but just a front to fool voters while the entire establishment at large is really just pushing the country further to the left with some apparent agenda?

So in suggesting this, what are you trying to say? That the republican establishment isn't really conservative at all, but just a front to fool voters while the entire establishment at large is really just pushing the country further to the left with some apparent agenda?

Something like that.

Something like that.

Well I can't think of any other reason why the GOP would sabotage a GOP candidate and let Obama have another 4 years.

I agree with you though, it's pretty clear when you sit back and watch it happen to Paul everyday. It's the foreign policy. The establishment is scared to death of someone like him getting the Oval office and scaling back the empire. That's bipartisan.

Something like that.

Well I can't think of any other reason why the GOP would sabotage a GOP candidate and let Obama have another 4 years.

I agree with you though, it's pretty clear when you sit back and watch it happen to Paul everyday. It's the foreign policy. The establishment is scared to death of someone like him getting the Oval office and scaling back the empire. That's bipartisan.

I agree. Just look at the what the GOP water carriers on here always repeat about Paul: 'Fiscally I like him, but his foreign policy is a disaster.'

Forum List

Back