US Wind Industry Posts Second Strongest Quarter Ever

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/24/b...-win-on-price-vs-conventional-fuels.html?_r=0

Utility executives say the trend has accelerated this year, with several companies signing contracts, known as power purchase agreements, for solar or wind at prices below that of natural gas, especially in the Great Plains and Southwest, where wind and sunlight are abundant.

Those prices were made possible by generous subsidies that could soon diminish or expire, but recent analyses show that even without those subsidies, alternative energies can often compete with traditional sources.

In Texas, Austin Energy signed a deal this spring for 20 years of output from a solar farm at less than 5 cents a kilowatt-hour. In September, the Grand River Dam Authority in Oklahoma announced its approval of a new agreement to buy power from a new wind farm expected to be completed next year. Grand River estimated the deal would save its customers roughly $50 million from the project.

And, also in Oklahoma, American Electric Power ended up tripling the amount of wind power it had originally sought after seeing how low the bids came in last year.

“Wind was on sale — it was a Blue Light Special,” said Jay Godfrey, managing director of renewable energy for the company. He noted that Oklahoma, unlike many states, did not require utilities to buy power from renewable sources.

“We were doing it because it made sense for our ratepayers,” he said.

According to a study by the investment banking firm Lazard, the cost of utility-scale solar energy is as low as 5.6 cents a kilowatt-hour, and wind is as low as 1.4 cents. In comparison, natural gas comes at 6.1 cents a kilowatt-hour on the low end and coal at 6.6 cents. Without subsidies, the firm’s analysis shows, solar costs about 7.2 cents a kilowatt-hour at the low end, with wind at 3.7 cents.

This is over a year old, and the prices for both wind and solar have come down considerably since then. And there are two big grid scale battery factories coming on line.

Mr. Mir noted there were hidden costs that needed to be taken into account for both renewable energy and fossil fuels. Solar and wind farms, for example, produce power intermittently — when the sun is shining or the wind is blowing — and that requires utilities to have power available on call from other sources that can respond to fluctuations in demand.

Gosh, that's a shocker.

Trusts do, trust corporations don't.

You'll have to show me the tax schedule for trust corporations. I can't wait!

The reason a trust would incorporate is the rules of trusts extend only to the corporation. Past the corporation (the individual) would be corporate rules.

Why do you think that ALL wealthy people are corporations?
There are lots of reasons. Single digit taxes rates aren't one of them.

Tax savings is number one.

Income tax savings is not number one.
Why don't you post the rate schedule for these fantastical trust corporations?
To prove you aren't a lying sack of shit.
Thanks!
he read about trust corporations somewhere now he's fixated on them

The reason a trust would incorporate is the rules of trusts extend only to the corporation. Past the corporation (the individual) would be corporate rules.

Tax savings is number one.

Income tax savings is not number one.
Why don't you post the rate schedule for these fantastical trust corporations?
To prove you aren't a lying sack of shit.
Thanks!
he read about trust corporations somewhere now he's fixated on them

They sounded cool, so he had to invent one.

January 28th, 2016 by Joshua S Hill
The US wind industry posted its second strongest quarter ever in the fourth quarter of 2015, with more installations than in all of 2014.

According to the American Wind Energy Association, which published its results in its US Wind Industry Fourth Quarter 2015 Market Report this week, the US wind industry installed 8,598 MW during 2015, the third largest amount ever installed in a year, and a 77% increase over 2014. Specifically, the fourth quarter was the second strongest quarter ever recorded, installing 5,001 MW — in fact, developers installed more capacity during the fourth quarter than they did through the first three quarters of the year combined.
This means that at the end of 2015, the US has 74,472 MW of installed wind capacity.

Great news!!! Wind is roaring back, wahooo!!!

Has it stopped losing money yet?

You're a one string banjo aren't ya?

AGAIN! Rules of trust extend to, but not beyond the corporation. At the corporation are corporate rules including 100% deductions which aren't available under normal trust rules. The corporations business is to distribute funds from the trust, thus making those funds 100% deductible. If the corporation distributes $975K of $1M, what would the tax be on the original $1M? Single digit? Thank You Republicans!

AGAIN! Rules of trust extend to, but not beyond the corporation. At the corporation are corporate rules including 100% deductions which aren't available under normal trust rules. The corporations business is to distribute funds from the trust, thus making those funds 100% deductible. If the corporation distributes $975K of $1M, what would the tax be on the original $1M? Single digit? Thank You Republicans!

What makes you think a republican passed this? You might be surprised just how many fingerprints on things like this belong to people in both parties.

Highlighting your lies would make me a 10 or 12 string banjo, easily.

The corporations business is to distribute funds from the trust, thus making those funds 100% deductible.

Okay.

If the corporation distributes $975K of $1M, what would the tax be on the original $1M? Single digit?

Well, the corporation would have a tax liability of about $8200, on income of $25,000.
Almost 33%.

The recipient would have a tax liability of about $342,470, assuming no deductions, on the $975,000.
About 35%.

So tell me again how your "corporate trust" gives you single digit tax rates.

The corporations business is to distribute funds from the trust, thus making those funds 100% deductible.

Okay.

If the corporation distributes $975K of $1M, what would the tax be on the original $1M? Single digit?

Well, the corporation would have a tax liability of about $8200, on income of $25,000.
Almost 33%.

The recipient would have a tax liability of about $342,470, assuming no deductions, on the $975,000.
About 35%.

The rules of the trust end at the corporation. Under corporate rules, any legitimate expenditure of the corporation, which in this case is the distribution of a trust, is deductible at 100%.

What makes you think a republican passed this? You might be surprised just how many fingerprints on things like this belong to people in both parties.

Name one.

Okay.

Almost 33%.

About 35%.

The rules of the trust end at the corporation. Under corporate rules, any legitimate expenditure of the corporation, which in this case is the distribution of a trust, is deductible at 100%.

Yup. And the distribution is taxable for the recipient.

Name one.

One of these days you morons will figure out....I've always got the data.

Let's start with the Path Act, since you're referencing corporations and tax law changes pertaining to.

Sen. Bennet, Michael F. [D-CO]* 01/16/2015
Sen. Ayotte, Kelly [R-NH] 02/03/2015
Sen. Isakson, Johnny [R-GA] 02/25/2015
Sen. Kirk, Mark Steven [R-IL] 04/29/2015
Sen. Carper, Thomas R. [D-DE] 07/21/2015

There's your bill sponsors. 3 Republicans, 2 Democrats. Does this seem like a republican bill to you?

Then there's the 2009 Stimulus Bill....oh wait, you didn't know there were some goodies buried in there? For shame.

Sponsored by 10 democrats.

If you've been paying attention, and it appears you have not, you'd find that a substantial percentage of the bills passed over the last 50 years have had "tweaks" to the tax code worked in. Who has run congress for most of those years?

Okay.

Almost 33%.

About 35%.

Only if the distribution is cash.

-A trust is funded with $1M/yr.
-The trust is funneled through a corporation.
-Through deferment or distribution you reduce the taxable income of the corporation to the magic $50k (15%).
-15% of 50k = $7,500.00
-$7,500.00 ÷ $1,000.000.00 = .008%
A corporation with total income of $1M payed $7500.00 in federal tax or .008%
Why are all wealthy people corporations? <sarcasm>

Let's start with the Path Act, since you're referencing corporations and tax law changes pertaining to.

There's your bill sponsors. 3 Republicans, 2 Democrats. Does this seem like a republican bill to you?

Then there's the 2009 Stimulus Bill....oh wait, you didn't know there were some goodies buried in there? For shame.

If you've been paying attention, and it appears you have not, you'd find that a substantial percentage of the bills passed over the last 50 years have had "tweaks" to the tax code worked in. Who has run congress for most of those years?

The PATH act benefits workers and small business.

The 'tweaks' are actually called 11th hour additions. Deregulating derivatives was an 11th hour addition to a budget bill. It's one of Republicans favorite ways to pass legislation that can't pass on it's own.

Give the President line item veto and you'll eliminate the 'tweaks.'

The PATH act benefits workers and small business.

The 'tweaks' are actually called 11th hour additions. Deregulating derivatives was an 11th hour addition to a budget bill. It's one of Republicans favorite ways to pass legislation that can't pass on it's own.

Give the President line item veto and you'll eliminate the 'tweaks.'

I seem to remember a guy named Reagan asking for a line item veto....a Democratic congress thought that was a horrible idea.

You say it's a Republican way to pass legislation, when the proof stares you in the face BOTH parties fingerprints are all over it. Completely ignoring other legislation that is completely Democratic sponsored.

Okay.

Almost 33%.

About 35%.

-A trust is funded with $1M/yr.
-The trust is funneled through a corporation.
-Through deferment or distribution you reduce the taxable income of the corporation to the magic $50k (15%).
-15% of 50k = $7,500.00
A corporation with total income of $1M payed $7500.00 in federal tax or .008%
Why are all wealthy people corporations? <sarcasm>

What else would it be?

-15% of 50k = $7,500.00

That's 0.75%.

A corporation with total income of $1M payed $7500.00 in federal tax

No. They paid $7500 on income of $50k.
The recipient paid $332,569.05 on income of $950,000.

Almost exactly 34%, total

I seem to remember a guy named Reagan asking for a line item veto....a Democratic congress thought that was a horrible idea.

If you are middle class and a Republican President asks for line item veto you'd better get worried.

You say it's a Republican way to pass legislation, when the proof stares you in the face BOTH parties fingerprints are all over it. Completely ignoring other legislation that is completely Democratic sponsored.

Ask yourself this; When has a Republican politician authored or supported a bill that helped the middle class and small business WITHOUT giving a bigger boost to big corporations and the wealthy?

What else would it be?

-15% of 50k = $7,500.00

That's 0.75%.

What else would it be?

Free rent, free transportation, corporate credit card.

That's 0.75%.

That's 0.0075%

No. They paid $7500 on TAXABLE income of $50k.

The recipient is the corporation which paid $7500.00 on total income of $1,000,000.00.

Corporations ARE NOT over taxed.

What else would it be?

-15% of 50k = $7,500.00

That's 0.75%.

What else would it be?

That's 0.75%.

That's 0.0075%

The recipient is the corporation which paid $7500.00 on total income of $1,000,000.00.

Corporations ARE NOT over taxed.

Valid expenses are deductible. So?

That's 0.0075%

7500/1000000=.0075 or 0.75%. Moron.

Yes. Because double taxing the $950,000 distribution would be stupid.

The recipient wasn't you? In that case, the corporate tax was $323,000
$330,500 total.

That's awful! A 33% tax rate.

A far cry from your single digit claim .

Forum List

Back