US (United States) Message Board

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
It is US or not?

If you are from England, Australia etc. post in your own country thread.
Otherwise, address US issues only.

As for Mental Health (in the UNITED STATED) it's the MOST important issue and one NO presidential candidate is willing to address.

I don't give a flying *F what is going on in Britain or elsewhere...

It is US or not?

As for Mental Health (in the UNITED STATED) it's the MOST important issue and one NO presidential candidate is willing to address.

OK

It is US or not?

I do. And they're our neighbors. The fuck up you should shut. :eusa_silenced:

j/k

Btw you can't post about USMB ON USMB. It's like pointing a camera at the mirror. Gives the time/space continuum a case of constipation.

Mental health? Most important issue? Surely you jest...?

Do you know that they won't lock up mentally ill people? Even if they are a danger to themselves or others?

They won't lock up Liberals, cancer patients, or AIDS victims either...

They won't lock up Liberals, cancer patients, or AIDS victims either...

You think they are mentally ill and a danger to others (well.. maybe Liberals are... LOL)

They will, but only after running hoops through the court system. Usually there can be a temporary involuntary hold of up to 72 hours, I think.

Do you know that they won't lock up mentally ill people? Even if they are a danger to themselves or others?

They will, but only after running hoops through the court system. Usually there can be a temporary involuntary hold of up to 72 hours, I think.

right, like it's going to be solved in 72 hours.. ok

Ill, is the clincher... You have to be very careful about detaining people, on such ephemeral grounds. How off center is "crazy"? How crazy does one have to be, to get locked up?

You can only hope they have stabilized, or there is enough for the court to act quickly. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen.

right, like it's going to be solved in 72 hours.. ok

Ill, is the clincher... You have to be very careful about detaining people, on such ephemeral grounds. How off center is "crazy"? How crazy does one have to be, to get locked up?

I don't know but I know people that have been in and out SEVERAL time only to harm themselves and / or others. Unacceptable!

It can be like a merry-go-round with swinging doors. Unfortunately, many of the mentally ill don't like the way their meds make them feel- normal- normal form us is not normal for them, and they quit taking them.

I don't know but I know people that have been in and out SEVERAL time only to harm themselves and / or others. Unacceptable!

It can be like a merry-go-round with swinging doors. Unfortunately, many of the mentally ill don't like the way their meds make them feel- normal- normal form us is not normal for them, and they quit taking them.

more efforts and money need to be put into it so we can recognize those that are a TRUE threat to themselves and others so we can prevent them from harming or killing human life.

much more meaningful than gun control.....

Forum List

Back