US Troops in serious peril now..Terry Jones burns Koran

the minister KNEW the Muslims would use his burning of the Koran as an excuse to kill Americans, yet for some reason he did it anyway....if it were my husband that was killed....i would not only want to punish the barbaric muslims that committed the murder, but I would also be very upset with this so called Christian minister, as well.

I don't think he is sin free in all of this....he KNEW what the results of his actions would be....he may have only been the guy who drove the car for the criminals, but he is still an accessory to murder imho....especially since he was warned, and begged by fellow Christian ministers to NOT do this Koran book burning.

How could he know that?

How could he NOT know it?

when he was sent a letter from other Christian Ministers warning him?

what was his purpose for burning them other than his 15 minutes of fame?

there was complete outrage by Christians throughout the country on him saying he was going to do this....?

HE WAS WARNED about this being the exact thing that Muslims would do....YET HE CHOSE to do it anyway.....please Q, don't play dumb...!

I didn't. They kill people no matter what we do, so why should we avoid offending them? Why are you focusing on what, and why, he did and ignoring the fact that they kill people every day?

I am not even remotely outraged by him burning a Qur'an. I fully support his right to offend anyone and everyone he wants to, even if they threaten to kill him over it. In fact, I support him more because of the threats.

I am outraged to the core by people killing others in the name of religion though. Nice to see that you think burning a book is the worst of the things that has happened in the world this year.

We Muslims have seen how the Christians have allowed their religion to be abused , Ridiculed and treated like dirt.

We refuse to let islaam meet the same fate In the name of Art and so-called freedom of speech

Then we should kill all of you, as that is the only rational response to your attempt to take away our rights. Thanks for pointing out that I am correct that Islam is not a religion.

We Muslims have seen how the Christians have allowed their religion to be abused , Ridiculed and treated like dirt.

We refuse to let islaam meet the same fate In the name of Art and so-called freedom of speech

Then we should kill all of you, as that is the only rational response to your attempt to take away our rights. Thanks for pointing out that I am correct that Islam is not a religion.

Islam is a POLITICAL IDEOLOGY built on the premise of FASCISM.

In other words, he sacrificed 12 lives to prove a point? That is an awfully expensive point!

I didn't agree with his plans to burn the Koran. I think it was petty and stupid. But now, he doesn't even have the courage to stand up and take responsibility?

Koran-burning pastor says not responsible for UN deaths - Yahoo! News

Immie

Take responsibility for what? Did he attack the guards and take their weapons? Did he run around town and kill people? Did he preach to his congregation that they should go out and kill people? How the fuck is he responsible for something that happens on the other side of the world two weeks after he burned a single Quran?

The only proper response to this is to shit on Islam, not make excuses for it.

The Poet Versus the Prophet - Reason Magazine

Ever hear the phrase: contributory negligence?

I believe bartenders can be held responsible if they serve too much alcohol to a customer who then leaves their bar, gets behind the wheel of a car, drives off and kills someone on the way home.

In my opinion, the same principle applies here. Is he fully responsible? Hell no. Did his actions lead to the deaths of those 12 people? Absolutely. Does that absolve those frigging morons in Afghanistan from their crimes? Absolutely no frigging way.

Immie

Ever come across the word bullshit?

Schialvo did not serve anyone drinks. Your opinion is so far off base that you are not even on the same planet. There were two fucking weeks between the burning of the Qur'an and the murders. Would you hold a bartender responsible if he sold the guy a bottle of scotch and he got drunk two weeks later and killed someone?

The contributory negligence here, if any exists, is not what Schialvo did. It lies totally with the imam in Afghanistan who riled them up.

Last edited:
the minister KNEW the Muslims would use his burning of the Koran as an excuse to kill Americans, yet for some reason he did it anyway....if it were my husband that was killed....i would not only want to punish the barbaric muslims that committed the murder, but I would also be very upset with this so called Christian minister, as well.

I don't think he is sin free in all of this....he KNEW what the results of his actions would be....he may have only been the guy who drove the car for the criminals, but he is still an accessory to murder imho....especially since he was warned, and begged by fellow Christian ministers to NOT do this Koran book burning.

How could he know that?

Saloman Rushdie/Satanic Verses, The cartoons that were published depicting Mohammed?

Those are only two instances that I can think of off the top of my head... wait a minute you posted that link about the 14 year old girl in this very thread there is another reason.

There is no frigging way he didn't know. If he is smart enough to "preach", he is smart enough to know that his actions would lead to retaliation and quite probably the loss of life.

Immie

I understand.

Because Muslims kill people for nothing at all, we should take care never to offend them in case they kill us for a reason.

Like I said before, I do not let thugs run my life. If you want to do so you are free to move to where they have power, stop trying to give them power here.

Terry Jones burns Koran, Afganistan goes Ape shit. Kills 12 Americans
Talk amongst yourselves

The Link Down Below said:
Stirred up by three angry mullahs who urged them to avenge the burning of a Koran at a Florida church, thousands of protesters on Friday overran the compound of the United Nations in this northern Afghan city, killing at least 12 people, Afghan and United Nations officials said.

The dead included at least seven United Nations workers — four Nepalese guards and three Europeans from Romania, Sweden and Norway — according to United Nations officials in New York. One was a woman. Early reports, later denied by Afghan officials, said that at least two of the dead had been beheaded. Five Afghans were also killed.

12 Americans? Yes, it makes a better headline, but this kind of bullshit is a major part of the problem.

No question that the radicals are responsible for their actions

But Jones knew what he was dealing with and intentionally provoked them

Jones is a lowlife and far from a good Christian

So? Are we supposed to bow down every time a thug threatens someone?

Perhaps he lit the fuse to Show the entire world how intolerant, Violent, and Crazy some Muslims are.

I don't care how fucking serious they take the book. It is just ink on Paper, burning it, in no way justifies a violent response.

The people who did this are animals that make the Pastor look respectable. These same animals who did this over their book, show no respect at all to other religions, or other religions books. Yet were all suppose to understand their Rage? Are you people for real. Fucking ass backwards assholes living in the 1400's is all they are.

Bullshit headline on the O/P not withstanding, kudos, Mr. Main. :clap2:

Take responsibility for what? Did he attack the guards and take their weapons? Did he run around town and kill people? Did he preach to his congregation that they should go out and kill people? How the fuck is he responsible for something that happens on the other side of the world two weeks after he burned a single Quran?

The only proper response to this is to shit on Islam, not make excuses for it.

The Poet Versus the Prophet - Reason Magazine

I believe bartenders can be held responsible if they serve too much alcohol to a customer who then leaves their bar, gets behind the wheel of a car, drives off and kills someone on the way home.

In my opinion, the same principle applies here. Is he fully responsible? Hell no. Did his actions lead to the deaths of those 12 people? Absolutely. Does that absolve those frigging morons in Afghanistan from their crimes? Absolutely no frigging way.

Immie

Schialvo did not serve anyone drinks. Your opinion is so far off base that you are not even on the same planet. There were tow fucking weeks between the burning of the Qur'an and the murders. Would you hold a bartender responsible if he sold the guy a bottle of scotch and he got drunk two weeks later and killed someone?

The contributory negligence here, if any exists, is not what Schialvo did. It lies totally with the imam in Afghanistan who riled them up.

Schialvo? We were talking about what Jones did, weren't we?

The matter of time between the two incidences is irrelevant. First off, when did those in Afghanistan find out about the burning?

I'm okay with you not agreeing with me, but I think you are wrong. Pastor Jones contributed to the deaths of those 12 individuals by inciting radical Muslims.

Immie

In story after story it ends up being extremists in a religion being at the root of the problem...doesn't matter which religion it is...although you don't really hear that much about extremist Buddhists or Pagans blowing anything up do you?

Hmmm, If I were religion shopping...

Another person that thinks they know everything.

News flash, you don't.

Pakistan Punch | The Urban Myth: "There are no Buddhist Terrorists"…all religions have terrorists

Funny, it seems to me that you are the one that is coming off as believing he knows everything.

News flash, you don't. ;)
Immie

Immie

Schialvo did not serve anyone drinks. Your opinion is so far off base that you are not even on the same planet. There were tow fucking weeks between the burning of the Qur'an and the murders. Would you hold a bartender responsible if he sold the guy a bottle of scotch and he got drunk two weeks later and killed someone?

The matter of time between the two incidences is irrelevant. First off, when did those in Afghanistan find out about the burning?

I'm okay with you not agreeing with me, but I think you are wrong. Pastor Jones contributed to the deaths of those 12 individuals by inciting radical Muslims.

Immie

Yes we are. Not sure why I typed that instead.

They actually found out about a few days ago. Nothing happened until a group of imams got together and hatched a plot to make an issue of it.

In story after story it ends up being extremists in a religion being at the root of the problem...doesn't matter which religion it is...although you don't really hear that much about extremist Buddhists or Pagans blowing anything up do you?

Hmmm, If I were religion shopping...

Another person that thinks they know everything.

News flash, you don't.

Pakistan Punch | The Urban Myth: "There are no Buddhist Terrorists"…all religions have terrorists

Funny, it seems to me that you are the one that is coming off as believing he knows everything.

Immie

I know I do not know everything, but I act like I do. Seawytch, on the other hand, knew there were no Buddhists terrorists.

Terry Jones is the worst kind of instigator ever. If this guy wanted to burn a Koran he should have went to Dearborn Mi. to hold his burning. This way I could say he stands behind his beliefs and is willing to fight for them. Letting someone thousands of miles away in a foreign country pay for your beliefs is cowardice.

I get pissed when I see my flag getting disrespected, and go balistic when I see it burned. I can imagine what they must be feeling when the Koran gets burned. The difference is in the fact that they killed and I did not.

They are still wrong for killing, but the whole thing could have been avoided if Terry Jones wasn't such an asshole.

Terry Jones is the worst kind of instigator ever. If this guy wanted to burn a Koran he should have went to Dearborn Mi. to hold his burning. This way I could say he stands behind his beliefs and is willing to fight for them. Letting someone thousands of miles away in a foreign country pay for your beliefs is cowardice.

I get pissed when I see my flag getting disrespected, and go balistic when I see it burned. I can imagine what they must be feeling when the Koran gets burned. The difference is in the fact that they killed and I did not.

They are still wrong for killing, but the whole thing could have been avoided if Terry Jones wasn't such an asshole.

Nice to see that you are more outraged by people exercising their free speech rights than murder.

Immie

Yes we are. Not sure why I typed that instead.

They actually found out about a few days ago. Nothing happened until a group of imams got together and hatched a plot to make an issue of it.

I don't blame Jones 100%. I don't remove any blame from the Imams or those who committed these atrocious acts. But, I do feel that Jones should accept the fact that what he did, did in fact play a part in these murders.

I do not believe we should let terrorism dictate our course of action either, but was what Pastor Jones did, really necessary? For that matter, it could have been American lives and/or the lives of American Soldiers that were taken because of his actions. What exactly did he accomplish?

Nada!

Immie

Immie

I know I do not know everything, but I act like I do. Seawytch, on the other hand, knew there were no Buddhists terrorists.

Okay, as long as you understand. :razz:

Immie

Nice to see that you are more outraged by people exercising their free speech rights than murder.

No I'm outraged that people like that aren't taking personal responsibility for their actions or words. I'm sure if he had done that in a muslim community and he got his ass beat there would not have been twelve deaths in Afgahnastan.

No I'm outraged that people like that aren't taking personal responsibility for their actions or words. I'm sure if he had done that in a muslim community and he got his ass beat there would not have been twelve deaths in Afgahnastan.

People like what?

The really weird thing here is you think that he would have been attacked in Dearborn if he had done it there, and that does not bother you. I could burn a Bible in the middle of the Bible belt and not worry about getting attacked. I could burn the Book of Mormon in front of the Temple in Salt Lake City and walk away unharmed.

Yet, for some reason that completely eludes me, Jones is responsible for murders halfway around the world because he burned a Qur'an.

I am not the one what has a problem here.

Forum List

Back