US shoots down dummy ICBM in groundbreaking military exercise

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
That's what I'm talking about. Nullify the enemies weapons.

US shoots down dummy ICBM in groundbreaking military exercise

The U.S. Missile Defense Agency on Monday successfully shot down a dummy Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) in space during a highly complex test of the U.S. military’s capabilities to counter incoming missiles from foreign adversaries.

Two interceptor missiles, launched from an Air Force base in California, shot down the ballistic missile – launched from the Marshall Islands in the Pacific 4,000 miles away – supposedly meant to resemble missiles used by North Korean or Iranian militaries.

The first interceptor hit and destroyed the re-entry vehicle. The second interceptor hit a secondary object.

hmmm. . . not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Waste of money as far as the direct benefit. Perhaps somewhere along the way they have developed technologies as part of this program that will have more practical benefits.

Waste of money as far as the direct benefit. Perhaps somewhere along the way they have developed technologies as part of this program that will have more practical benefits.

Has to start somewhere. Better to have a shot in hell than no shot at all.

I don't see it as a realistic threat. If China or Russia were to launch, they wouldn't launch just one and we would never be able to intercept them all. If NK were to launch, their missile likely wouldn't reach the US and the US response would be so overwhelming, it would be an act of suicide on their part. They posture, we posture. Money gets flushed down the drain. Like I said, the only good would be that somewhere along the way this program will spin off technology with more practical implications.

I don't see it as a realistic threat. If China or Russia were to launch, they wouldn't launch just one and we would never be able to intercept them all. If NK were to launch, their missile likely wouldn't reach the US and the US response would be so overwhelming, it would be an act of suicide on their part. They posture, we posture. Money gets flushed down the drain. Like I said, the only good would be that somewhere along the way this program will spin off technology with more practical implications.
Hawaii and our 7th Fleet as well as our bases in Japan are all within range of NK.

Hawaii and our 7th Fleet as well as our bases in Japan are all within range of NK.

I doubt NK would fire an ICBM at Japan LOL. There is no IC in that equation. We would have to rely on Patriot's to intercept it. There is no evidence that NK has developed the ability to steer their rockets down range. They, at worst case, are nuclear SCUDs

I doubt NK would fire an ICBM at Japan LOL. There is no IC in that equation. We would have to rely on Patriot's to intercept it. There is no evidence that NK has developed the ability to steer their rockets down range. They, at worst case, are nuclear SCUDs
You are clueless then. Japan and NK have a relationship that makes the Israelis and Pals look like a love affair.

You are clueless then. Japan and NK have a relationship that makes the Israelis and Pals look like a love affair.

Then you need to look at a map because they are the same continent so there would be no need to use an ICBM....and everybody hates Japan in Asia. They were doing to their neighbors the same sort of shit Hitler was doing to his, but somehow history just glosses that right over.

Then you need to look at a map because they are the same continent so there would be no need to use an ICBM....and everybody hates Japan in Asia. They were doing to their neighbors the same sort of shit Hitler was doing to his, but somehow history just glosses that right over.
Educate yourself. You’re even embarrassing me for you.

North Korea launches ICBM toward Japan for 2nd time this month

You are just full bore retard today. North Korea cannot fire a missile without going over Japan because Japan is freaking right beside north korea. That doe snot mean they would use an ICBM to attack Japan. They wouldn't need to. They could use a nerf blaster gun and hit Japan if they wanted.

You are just full bore retard today. North Korea cannot fire a missile without going over Japan because Japan is freaking right beside north korea. That doe snot mean they would use an ICBM to attack Japan. They wouldn't need to. They could use a nerf blaster gun and hit Japan if they wanted.
You are a moronic joke. Go to the coloring book forum.

I suppose it depends on which side of the nuke you are on. It's a reality of the human species. I'm glad we are on he same continent as America.

"I'm glad we are on he same continent as America"

IF America really is militarily powerful enough to defend us then I would agree.

But everything I read indicates that we would probably lose (quickly) a war with china or russia. (especially since they have a defense pact)

I confess that it bothers me no little that so many other countries hate us so much and are strengthening their armed forces to "do something" about us.

Kinda sucks being the one nation with the biggest target on its back.

Being the USA on earth is a lot like being a liberal in the USA....

so many people hate you......

I suppose it depends on which side of the nuke you are on. It's a reality of the human species. I'm glad we are on he same continent as America.

"I'm glad we are on he same continent as America"

IF America really is militarily powerful enough to defend us then I would agree.

But everything I read indicates that we would probably lose (quickly) a war with china or russia. (especially since they have a defense pact)

I confess that it bothers me no little that so many other countries hate us so much and are strengthening their armed forces to "do something" about us.

Kinda sucks being the one nation with the biggest target on its back.

Being the USA on earth is a lot like being a liberal in the USA....

so many people hate you......
39083463_889457394587185_31708901732777984_n.jpg

I doubt NK would fire an ICBM at Japan LOL. There is no IC in that equation. We would have to rely on Patriot's to intercept it.
Japan has six Aegis destroyers with SM-3 for BMD, and is building two more. They also recently purchased Aegis Ashore, to be installed in two facilities that can protect the entire country. Japan has also participated in the funding of Block 2a for SM-3 so they get the far more capable version.

Forum List

Back