US Navy bans sailors from leaving base in Japan & bans alcohol???

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
U.S. Navy bans booze in Japan - CNNPolitics.com

What's going on in Japan??? Sailors driving drunk, raping people, even killing??? Navy has banned all non essential travel off base and banned all alcohol consumption. We've been in Japan for decades and I always heard it was a really fun place to be stationed.

What's going on????

That has always been going on. Everywhere the US stations soldiers things like this happens. You dont usually hear about because they dont want you to.

We should hear about it.

Military life, military rules. Perhaps they should be congratulated for severity when their people act irresponsibly.

What's going on in Japan??? Sailors driving drunk, raping people, even killing??? Navy has banned all non essential travel off base and banned all alcohol consumption. We've been in Japan for decades and I always heard it was a really fun place to be stationed.

What's going on????

Always enjoyed my visits, but that was 40+ years ago

What's going on????

"What's going on?

Try reading this.

If that's not enough information, if you still can't figure it out, read the sig line here.

Good luck finding an answer to your question.

Seriously, the answer is right under your nose.

:muahaha:

I was stationed on Okinawa for 2 years. All, as it 100% of the violent crimes including rapes and murder that we heard about locally were committed by U.S. Army and especially U.S. Marines.

The list below only mentions one murder and one rape during the period I was there. I recall a murdered cab driver and another rape of a young girl.

This might surprise you:
List of Crimes Against Okinawans Committed by the United States Military

Taking booze away from sailors?

The ban on alcohol will remain in effect indefinitely, until commanders "are comfortable that all personnel understand the impact of responsible behavior on the U.S.-Japan Alliance

I hope for the commanders' sake, it's a very short ban. Mutiny can get pretty ugly.

transport-plank-planking-disappointed-disappointments-captains-kmhn792_low.jpg

During Vietnam, women the US military were often attacked, molested and raped. Another example I remember is the Tailhook scandal.

This is nothing new in the military.

Good for the commanders for taking action to try to stop it. But, really, as RWNJs and Repubs continue to accept rape and deny that it occurs, this will surely get a lot worse.

Anyone seen the thing women are putting in their vaginas? Forced sex results in getting their teeny weeny shredded. Love it - except these "men" are such scum, its very likely they would take it out on the womaan they tried to rape.

Forum List

Back