US law to require vacation

We already have those constraints. Merely because they exist does not mean we can create more and more and more.

Horse shit liberal logic.

The government should not mandate vacation time because it gives them too much control over what should be the right of a business owner. Very communistic in its approach.

:clap2: Agreed.

We should actually get rid of all Statist constraints on the rights of business owners.

We should get rid of child work laws, we should get rid of workplace safety laws, and we should get rid of minimum wage and overtime pay laws. And what liberal PC fuck thought up those workplace ergonomics bullshit! I don't trust liberal scientists. I never heard on anybody needing ergonomic office equipment. What a load of crap.

I'm with you brother. if a business owner want to hire ten year olds, pay them 50 cents an hour, and work them 14 hours a day, the communistic liberal governmnet has no place putting constraints on the rights of business owners.
typical red dawn strawmen

you are so full of shit

Just like a liberal not to distinguish between the moral imperatives of child labor laws and that of paid vacation.

We should actually get rid of all Statist constraints on the rights of business owners.

We should get rid of child work laws, we should get rid of workplace safety laws, and we should get rid of minimum wage and overtime pay laws. And what liberal PC fuck thought up those workplace ergonomics bullshit! I don't trust liberal scientists. I never heard on anybody needing ergonomic office equipment. What a load of crap.

I'm with you brother. if a business owner want to hire ten year olds, pay them 50 cents an hour, and work them 14 hours a day, the communistic liberal governmnet has no place putting constraints on the rights of business owners.

It is my opinion that the government should not be able to force me to pay you for NOT working. Child labor laws are for the protection of children. Of course the government will regulate that. Minimum wage and overtime laws are to prevent the exploitation of workers. Mandatory vacation is forcing a business to pay an employee for not doing the job they were hired to do. That is backwards and an area the government should not touch.

They could take money from the stim package and give each family $5,000/individual $2,000 to go on vacation. That way companies wouldn't be out anything and the families would be able to spend their own money while on vacation, thus giving the economy a boost.
How long until they tell you where to vacation? I was 35 years old before I had a vacation , I saved for 5 years .Why can't other people take care of themselves?

Exactly Sub.....Our weak minded American citizens who vote for left wing liberal governments expect the government to take care of them, and that includes privilages of vacation time. Good God!

They could take money from the stim package and give each family $5,000/individual $2,000 to go on vacation. That way companies wouldn't be out anything and the families would be able to spend their own money while on vacation, thus giving the economy a boost.
How long until they tell you were to vacation? I was 35 years old before I had a vacation , I saved for 5 years .Why can't other people take care of themselves?

Sheesh. 35 years old? You should have gotten a job that paid something. The year my son was born, I worked every day but Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Years Day. I told the owner of the company that I would work all the time he needed me, 10 or more hours a day, but that when the project was done, I was going to take a three week vacation, and look at the geology up by Yellowknife, NWT. Even though by company rules, they only owed me a weeks pay, he paid all three weeks. That established a pattern. I worked long hours, was on call at any time, and worked most weekends. But, for three weeks every year, I took off and, with my family, explored Canada and the US. We had some good times.

I do not believe that no other interpretation is possible. If that were true everyone would simply agree with me. It seems odd that I have to continually remind people that my posts are simply my opinion in most cases.

I don't deny that some parts of the Constitution may be confusing, the second amendment is an excellent example. That's why we can look at other sources for what they may have meant. It's clear that it was intended for the American people to be free to own guns and that it is unconstitutional for the government to regulate that right in any way.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." - James Madison, "Father of the Constitution"

I think you also have to take into account the current situation of the country at the time it was written.
Madison was against the US having a standing army, thus he felt all citizens should be armed and available to become the army at any time. The fact that we do have a standing army does not make the right to bear arms any less significant now than it was then. A big point for him was that the people needed the means to rise up against an oppressive government if the need arose again.

Great!

So let's get rid of our standing army and just arm citizens.

Yeah, that'll almost work.

Then all we need to is insure that when the enemy comes, we get them to stand up out in the open in red coats while we get to shoot them from behind stone walls.

Hey it worked in the 18th century so we just need to do that again, right?

This is one of the reasons why those of you who imagine you're strict interpretationists of the Constitution are fucking fools, ya know.

The world changed and you guy still imagine that we can have the same government structure we had 230 years ago.

Hey I know...lets have 18th century health care, too.

Then nobody needs HC insurance, either.

While we're at it, let's get rid of our dollars and we can all print up our own, money.

Because isn't that how you guys (who all imainge you're legal scholars) interpret the constitution?

It just hit me that the Constitution is much like the Bible....true meaning of the writers can be misinterpreted, reinterpreted, and twisted to mean whatever anyone wants it to mean....it seems?

I think you also have to take into account the current situation of the country at the time it was written.
Madison was against the US having a standing army, thus he felt all citizens should be armed and available to become the army at any time. The fact that we do have a standing army does not make the right to bear arms any less significant now than it was then. A big point for him was that the people needed the means to rise up against an oppressive government if the need arose again.

Great!

So let's get rid of our standing army and just arm citizens.

Yeah, that'll almost work.

Then all we need to is insure that when the enemy comes, we get them to stand up out in the open in red coats while we get to shoot them from behind stone walls.

Hey it worked in the 18th century so we just need to do that again, right?

This is one of the reasons why those of you who imagine you're strict interpretationists of the Constitution are fucking fools, ya know.

The world changed and you guy still imagine that we can have the same government structure we had 230 years ago.

Hey I know...lets have 18th century health care, too.

Then nobody needs HC insurance, either.

While we're at it, let's get rid of our dollars and we can all print up our own, money.

Because isn't that how you guys (who all imainge you're legal scholars) interpret the constitution?

We're fools because we believe that the government shouldn't be free to do whatever it wants? If the Constitution is found to be outdated the framers wisely gave us the means to change the Constitution through the amendment process. They never intended for the government to simply assume that it has the power to do whatever it likes.

We may not all be legal scholars, but we have professors, judges, and even a U.S. Representative that agrees with us.

Worthless law since it exempts small business, just like FMLA. Sure looks great on paper, but when the vast majority of American workers don't qualify - why bother?!

A more productive bill would be to lower the OT threshold to 35 hours. It'll get more people back to work and that's what the economy needs most.

So you would advocate that everybody that is currently employed full time should take a 12.5% pay cut? How is that going to stimulate the economy?

Liberals believe if you dumb down prosperity far enough, everyone can be prosperous.
That's very funny. The Republicans have done so much to dumb down everything about America ... cuts in education, not believing in evolution, the earth is 6,000 years old, etc.

So you would advocate that everybody that is currently employed full time should take a 12.5% pay cut? How is that going to stimulate the economy?

Liberals believe if you dumb down prosperity far enough, everyone can be prosperous.
That's very funny. The Republicans have done so much to dumb down everything about America ... cuts in education, not believing in evolution, the earth is 6,000 years old, etc.
you know the strawman topics, for sure

What a weenie thing to introduce. Of course people are going to like this idea when they have no interest or understanding of the economy. I bet if some nimrod suggested that minimum wage be $100 an hour, half the public would have that person canonized.

Most companies offer FULL time employees paid vacation time. Another case of govt intrusion into business and our family lives.

Forum List

Back