US labels Chechen resistance leader "terrorist"

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by Kalam, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    In a brazen display of weakness and tractability, the US Department of State opted to label Dokka Umarov (RA), a rebel commander in Russia's volatile North Caucasus region, a "terrorist" and a "radical jihadist." Predictably, this move was praised by the US government's handlers in Russia as President Dmitri Medvedev's visit to the White House approaches. The measure comes after nearly 20 years of Russian genocide in Chechnya; the US and most Western governments had previously hesitated to apply the "terrorist" label to the resistance movement there. In fact, Europe and the United States have been harshly critical of Russia's abhorrent human rights record in the region, and rightfully so. The extent to which our government will continue to acquiesce to the demands of Kremlin thugs remains to be seen.

Of course, this will do nothing to impede the liberation of the Caucasus from Russian tyranny, for no number of men or countries can hope to succeed against the will of God (SWT). May He grant victory to these noble mujahideen and protect them from any new threat posed by this poor diplomatic decision.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCnBpa46u0g]YouTube - Jihad in Chechnya[/ame]

More info:
    U.S. Declares Chechen Militant a Terrorist - NYTimes.com

2. Godboy

Godboy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,474
    Good for the US. Its about time.

What the Russians did was deplorable, but that doesnt excuse what these terrorists do. You give them a pass because youre fucked up in the head. Islam poisoned you and now you are broken.

I see youre still pimping a terrorist propaganda video in your sig. You need to get a life dude.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  3. Sweetchuck

Sweetchuck BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Good. He is a terrorist.

4. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    But it's all well and fine for the DoS to give the Russian terrorists a pass, yes? Even if both sides were "terrorists", it's patently obvious that the resistance would be the lesser of two evils. Fortunately, things look a bit more black and white than that from where I'm standing.

Chechnya is a tiny republic and her mujahideen are few in number; I'm happy to spread awareness of the struggle for independence in any way that I can. I will also not attempt to whitewash it for Westerners - this is jihad and everybody should be aware of the consequences of oppression.

5. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    And the Russians?

"I admit, I'm a bad guy, a bandit, a terrorist... but what would you call them (the Russians)? If they are the keepers of constitutional order, if they are anti-terrorists, then I spit on all these agreements and nice words." - Shamil Basayev (RA)​

6. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    The only reason the area is volatile is because there are muslims living there in large numbers. I wonder if there is any connection?

7. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    ISM handbook:

“Some pacifists are uncomfortable with property damage. For myself...I see it as a great tool.”

“[Some] settle for tactical nonviolence, but given the right historical circumstance, armed struggle would be justified...”

“When VIOLENCE is mentioned, say RESISTANCE or RESISTANCE TO INJUSTICE.”

“When TERRORISM is mentioned, emphasize STATE TERRORISM.”

8. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,078
    Merely continuing the new Obama policy of sucking up to Communists.

Here's how the Dalai Lama was treated so as not to upset the ChiComs

[​IMG]

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    He's a terrorist. Try to not let your religion get in the way of your brain.

10. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    The total population of Chechnya hovers barely over 1 million; Russia has killed hundreds of thousands. The only reason the area is volatile is because Russia denied independence to this small republic when the rest of the former Soviet Union liberated itself without facing any resistance. You get three guesses as to why. Here's a clue:

[​IMG]