Zone1 US Flag Code At Churches

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
About three weeks ago a pastor died at a nondenominational church within sight of my home.....The US Flag has been flown there at half-staff since......I understand that his grand send-off service isn't till the middle of March.....He's already been cremated.

Nowhere in the US Flag Code that I can see allows for the US Flag to be displayed in such a manner for clergy.

Now if they had a second (but shorter) flagpole to the left of the US Flagpole with their Christian flag at half-staff that would be just fine. Our US flag should be at full staff.

I figure I'll give them till next Monday and if the flag is still at half-staff I'll give them a call and ask them to do the right thing by our flag.

Here's the flag code....You decide.

4 U.S. Code § 7 - Position and manner of display

Could be worse.

220427-church-pride-flag-mjf-1256-0fb912.jpg

Could be worse.

220427-church-pride-flag-mjf-1256-0fb912.jpg
Yeah, I'd not pay it any mind but it's the first thing I see when I go out on the patio in the morning to enjoy my coffee and watch the critters.

Blah, you can't toss a dead cat without hitting a church in my AO. I can walk out back and see three of them. All but the old one is lit-up at night like a super-max prison.

About three weeks ago a pastor died at a nondenominational church within sight of my home.....The US Flag has been flown there at half-staff since......I understand that his grand send-off service isn't till the middle of March.....He's already been cremated.

Nowhere in the US Flag Code that I can see allows for the US Flag to be displayed in such a manner for clergy.

Now if they had a second (but shorter) flagpole to the left of the US Flagpole with their Christian flag at half-staff that would be just fine. Our US flag should be at full staff.

I figure I'll give them till next Monday and if the flag is still at half-staff I'll give them a call and ask them to do the right thing by our flag.

I think you are correct. Lowering the US flag happens when some government personnel of high stature pass away but not average citizens. There are very specific rules governing the raising and lowering as well. When raising the flag it must go all the way to the top of the pole and only then lowered to half staff. The same is done when lowering. It has to go all the way up, then down.

Yeah, I'd not pay it any mind but it's the first thing I see when I go out on the patio in the morning to enjoy my coffee and watch the critters.

Blah, you can't toss a dead cat without hitting a church in my AO. I can walk out back and see three of them. All but the old one is lit-up at night like a super-max prison.

Maybe the flag got stuck halfway on the pole and the church secretary can't figure out how to untangle the ropes.

My wife is the secretary for a Methodist church. I'll have to see if they even have a flag there, when I take her to work tomorrow.

I think you are correct. Lowering the US flag happens when some government personnel of high stature pass away but not average citizens. There are very specific rules governing the raising and lowering as well. When raising the flag it must go all the way to the top of the pole and only then lowered to half staff. The same is done when lowering. It has to go all the way up, then down.

Apparently nobody is following that rule. Biden ordered them lowered on January 26, 2023, for the shooting in Monterey Park, CA.

HALF STAFF AMERICAN FLAG NOTIFICATIONS

Churches and other houses of worship are having a hard time putting butts in the pews since the obligatory weekly attendance, once a integral part of middle and upper middle class custom, has been eliminated.

At one time, skipping the weekly worship service in favor of recreational pleasures, or just sleeping in, was considered to be a the sign of a dissolute life, but no more. We celebrate the dissolute and the hedonistic pleasures as part of our culture.

EasterMorning_web.jpg

But, regardless of whether that is a good, bad, or merely neutral change to our culture, those places of worship, once frequented by men, women, and children in uncomfortable church clothes, must fill up those pews with whomever they can find if they wish to stay in business.

Reaching out to the disaffected, or those people who consider themselves to be disaffected, is a last-ditch effort to remain relevant and keep those offerings coming in to pay the bills.

Churches and other houses of worship are having a hard time putting butts in the pews since the obligatory weekly attendance, once a integral part of middle and upper middle class custom, has been eliminated.

At one time, skipping the weekly worship service in favor of recreational pleasures, or just sleeping in, was considered to be a the sign of a dissolute life, but no more. We celebrate the dissolute and the hedonistic pleasures as part of our culture.

View attachment 761149

But, regardless of whether that is a good, bad, or merely neutral change to our culture, those places of worship, once frequented by men, women, and children in uncomfortable church clothes, must fill up those pews with whomever they can find if they wish to stay in business.

Reaching out to the disaffected, or those people who consider themselves to be disaffected, is a last-ditch effort to remain relevant and keep those offerings coming in to pay the bills.
Well that particular church was making bank off of the kickbacks from sponsoring Hispanic H2B workers.

LOL.....I guess what with the unfettered entrance of illegals over the past two years that income stream has been mostly cut off.

Well that particular church was making bank off of the kickbacks from sponsoring Hispanic H2B workers.

I would never begrudge any business from making bank in a legal (or quasi-legal) manner.

View attachment 761149

Churches are expensive to run. There are apportionments they have to pay to whatever denomination they're affiliated with, acquisition of property, construction, maintenance and upkeep, staffing costs, utilities, supplies, insurance, expenses for ministry costs, and yes, taxes. What's left over goes to helping those who need it.

LOL.....I guess what with the unfettered entrance of illegals over the past two years that income stream has been mostly cut off.

Not at all. Some churches are getting hefty government payments for settling illegals. Mostly Catholic churches.

Do Border Bishops Want Open Borders?

Last edited:

View attachment 761149

Why would churches reach out to BLM? Do they want to be looted and vandalized?

Why would churches reach out to BLM? Do they want to be looted and vandalized?

Moving your business to a lower income neighborhood is one way to gain new clientele and reduce overhead costs ... but, it comes with risks.

58852252.jpg

This has you bothered? Good lord

Forum List

Back