US Erasing Evidence of its Support for Daesh Terrorists

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
Here's some news from another angle because I doubt our media would make this public. What do any of you think? Discuss?

PressTV-'US erasing evidence of its ISIL support'

The United States is trying desperately to “erase” any evidence of support for Daesh terrorists, says Scott Bennett, a former US Army psychological warfare officer.

He made the remarks in an interview with Press TV on Wednesday when asked about a report that the US military admitted its airstrikes in Syria "may have resulted in civilian casualties" over the past several days.

The US military's Central Command (CENTCOM) said in a statement on Tuesday that it launched multiple attacks against Daesh terrorists in Syria during last week.

It said US warplanes may have targeted civilians in their strikes near the cities of Raqqah, Dayr al-Zawr, and Shaddadah.

Bennett said this is not surprising, but “it is an indicator of the desperation that’s beginning to emerge from the Obama administration there, rushing as fast as they can to erase the evidence of their own complicity and financing and training of the ISIS (Daesh) mercenaries.”

Daesh terrorists left “Saudi Arabia and various parts of the North African and Persian Gulf country Wahhabi Takfiri Salafist countries,” he said, adding “they all went into Syria on the checks and dollars and chips and planes and Humvees that the United States and Great Britain provided.”

Now, “the US senses the world opinion being turned against it with regards to its interventionism, its policies of militant interventionism beginning to blow back on them,” he noted.

He went on to say that “the United States is taking a quick desperate action to try to obliterate the evidence and destroy everything that may be linked back to them.”

“The United States is trying desperately to save face, trying to salvage what reputation that it may have left in the Middle East,” he added.

Daesh terrorists still control parts of Iraq and Syria. They are engaged in crimes against humanity in the areas under their control.

US warplanes have been conducting airstrikes against Daesh in Iraq since August 2014. Some Western states have also participated in some of the strikes in Iraq.

Since September 2014, the US and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out airstrikes against Daesh inside Syria without any authorization from Damascus or a UN mandate.

US support was for the FSA and Kurds

I don't know about that, but this article says the US supported ISIS & is now trying to erase any evidence of that. The article is from Iranian press

Report: U.S.-Backed Free Syrian Army Dwindling - Breitbart
www.breitbart.com/.../report-u-s-backed-free-syrian-army-dwindling-n...
Breitbart News
Nov 12, 2015 - The Free Syrian Army, which includes fighters trained by the U.S. CIA, ... Nevertheless, analysts believe that U.S. support for the Free Syrian ...
U.S. training of Syrian rebels set to begin - CNNPolitics.com
www.cnn.com/2015/05/06/politics/khaled-khoja-free-syrian-army-u-s-support/
CNN
May 7, 2015 - U.S. support for the opposition force fighting the embattled Assad regime ... much more fighters from the FSA (Free Syrian Army) in this program ...
Free Syrian Army - Huffington Post
www.huffingtonpost.com/news/free-syrian-army/
The Huffington Post
American supported rebels are coming under direct attack by Russian military forces. .... The Free Syrian Army, caught between the al-Assad air forces and the ...
Who Are the Syrian Rebels the US Wants to Arm and Train? - NBC News
www.nbcnews.com/.../who-are-syrian-rebels-u-s-wants-arm-train-n207...
NBCNews.com
Sep 19, 2014 - Free Syrian Army fighters walk in a field of flowers during a ... and declining international support for its fight to topple President Bashar Assad.
Can the Free Syrian Army Get Back on Its Feet After ... - US News
www.usnews.com/.../can-the-free-syrian-army-get-back-o...
U.S. News & World Report
Jan 4, 2016 - The Free Syrian Army has been demoralized by Russia's involvement in the ... The Russian onslaught and diminishing support from the Military ...
US Authorizes Financial Support For the Free Syrian Army - Al-Monitor
www.al-monitor.com/pulse/.../2012/.../us-authorizes-financial-support.ht...
Al‑Monitor
Jul 27, 2012 - The US government granted the Syrian Support Group, an organization that supportsthe Free Syrian Army, authority to provide financial and ...

US Will Continue to Back Kurdish Group Opposed by Turkey: Votel ...
www.military.com/.../us-will-continue-to-back-kurdish-group-opposed-b...
Military.com
Aug 31, 2016 - The U.S. will continue to back a Kurdish group in Syria that Turkey has vowed to wipe out, the head of U.S. Central Command said.
How US turned its back on its only ally, the Kurds, in effort to appease ...
www.ibtimes.co.uk/abandoning-kurds-us-has-betrayed-it...
International Business Times
Aug 25, 2016 - America has chosen to placate Turkey rather than back Kurdish ... In abandoning theKurds, the US has betrayed its only ally in the war in Syria.
US, Russia compete to woo Syrian Kurds - Al-Monitor
www.al-monitor.com/.../turkey-russia-putin-godfather-of-kurdistan.html
Al‑Monitor
May 2, 2016 - The recent rapprochement between the Kurds and Russia is a new phase in the two sides' relations that date back to the 19th century, but ...
Washington's headache: Keeping Turkey and Kurds apart - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/2016/08/31/middleeast/turkey-us-kurds-syria-analysis-walsh/
CNN
Aug 31, 2016 - US supports a broad Kurdish-dominated coalition against ISIS; But Ankara ... Kurds, and for the Syrian Kurds to pull back across the Euphrates.

There are around 1,000+ groups. I don't know them all but I do know some of them.
There is a fluidity as needs and circumstances change, they do what they must to survive, but that is typical of many mideast militia groups

Not an area of white hats, not even among the western forces.

Never has been

There are around 1,000+ groups. I don't know them all but I do know some of them.
There is a fluidity as needs and circumstances change, they do what they must to survive, but that is typical of many mideast militia groups

Not an area of white hats, not even among the western forces.

Never has been

What doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy is knowing that Turkey has the biggest arsenal of NATO'S nukes.

Here's something I discovered the other day. Ambassador Stevens had been not only working with Qaddafi's opposition, he was working with Turkey regarding the arming of anti Assad groups.

And this...

It is incontestable that the Obama administration has worked closely with the Islamist government of Turkey in efforts to arm and train “rebels” in Syria.

Stevens’s last meeting on the night of September 11, 2012, right before the State Department’s Benghazi compound was attacked, was with Turkey’s consul general, Ali Sait Akin.

Hillary Clinton’s Benghazi Debacle: Arming Jihadists in Libya . . . and Syria

et al,

Scott Bennett is not what he claims to be; certainly not a Special Ops asset.

OK, there are lots of guys that tell "fish stories" now and then. But this guy is something else.

v/r
R

A big problem I see with this.....is the fact the article is from Iranian press and that means if what Bennett told them is BS, they will still believe it

FSA tag teams with al Nusra (AQ in Syria) and the Kurds don't have a warm and fuzzy for the US anymore because Obama and NATO are allowing Erdogan to bomb the shit out of them.

Most of the Middle East hasn't had the fuzzies for US in many years

I think Egypt is rated number one as the "we really hate America's guts" now. After we gave the Egyptian people the Muslim Brotherhood, I can see why they feel that way.

et al,

Scott Bennett is not what he claims to be; certainly not a Special Ops asset.

OK, there are lots of guys that tell "fish stories" now and then. But this guy is something else.

v/r
R

A big problem I see with this.....is the fact the article is from Iranian press and that means if what Bennett told them is BS, they will still believe it

But the information that the CIA was actively involved with Turkey, Qatar and Syria and directing money and weapons has been out there for years.

What's sad is that they were using the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood to funnel the weapons to the jihadists errrr rebels.

I mean what could possibly go wrong?

:lol:

Hell's bells the New York Times did a huge piece on this back in 2012.

FSA tag teams with al Nusra (AQ in Syria) and the Kurds don't have a warm and fuzzy for the US anymore because Obama and NATO are allowing Erdogan to bomb the shit out of them.

I think Egypt is rated number one as the "we really hate America's guts" now. After we gave the Egyptian people the Muslim Brotherhood, I can see why they feel that way.

Maybe so now....but we've been hated over there for many years. Long before Gaddafi or the hostage crisis 79-81....they hold a grudge & don't forget it

Maybe so now....but we've been hated over there for many years. Long before Gaddafi or the hostage crisis 79-81....they hold a grudge & don't forget it

No guff!

:lol:

Forum List

Back