US Economy Is Strong with Low Inflation - Reuters

Discussion in 'Economy' started by 5stringJeff, Jan 19, 2005.

1. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    US Economy Is Strong with Low Inflation
    Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:54 AM ET
    By Tim Ahmann

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Falling energy costs pulled down U.S. consumer prices last month, but core inflation inched up and housing starts surged, according to data on Wednesday that bolstered expectations for a steady diet of interest-rate rises.

In addition, initial claims for jobless aid plummeted by 48,000 last week, the biggest drop in more than three years.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle....ECRBAE0CFEY?type=businessNews&storyID=7371078

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Here is the liberal response to all this good news:

"What? Interest rates are going up? See, Bush is just try'n to keep minorities from getting homes by raising interest rates."

3. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I know. They will find some way to spin it to make Bush look bad.

4. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    You can always count on The New York Times to do that. Check The Times out on line. I'll bet you will find the "pooh pooh" article you are looking for. They definitely DON'T LIKE news that reflects positively on George W. and his administration.

5. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    great thing is, most people are no longer caring what they say anymore. More and more people i talk to, esp at work, think the democrats are losing their minds because they hate Bush so badly, to the point that it is irrational, and they are good candidates for the Ha-Ha-Hilton.

One of the papers here, the Star Tribune, is a big Liberal rag...the like to camp out at the grocery stores and other stores like walmart and target. they will ask if you are interested in signing up for a subscription...i tell them i don't knowingly support liberal-biased media. they never really know what to say about that.