US death rate worsening

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by bamthin, Jan 3, 2004.

1. bamthin

bamthin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    US death rate worsening
    Baghdad
    December 30, 2003

Twice as many US soldiers have been killed or wounded in action in the past four months as in the previous four, despite their commanders' claim to have made significant gains against the resistance.

Between September 1 and yesterday 215 were killed, compared with the 65 who died in action in the four months from May 1, when US President George Bush declared an end to major operations. The dramatic rise suggests that Iraqi resistance fighters have become better organised and more skilled. In the figures available on the Pentagon website, those of the US personnel wounded are also telling: 1380 in the past four months, compared with 574 in the four months to September 1.

The growing toll has yet to alter the prevailing sense among Americans that it was right to go to war on Iraq: 59 per cent said the war was worth fighting, according to a Washington Post-ABC television poll this month.

Nevertheless, they are growing weary of casualties, with 64 per cent saying the war had exacted too heavy a toll.

This story was found at: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/29/1072546470075.html

-Bam

2. r3volut!on

r3volut!on Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And let's not forget the number of wounded soldiers, many of whom are permanently disabled.

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20031217-032344-8720r

3. bushin04

bushin04 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard that the # of killed suprasses that of the first year of vietnam

4. r3volut!on

r3volut!on Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    is that a photo of Bush signing his name on an American Flag?

:eek:

5. gertha

gertha Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey BAM, did you know that over 1500+ people died between Nov. 27 2002 and Jan. 1 2003? These people had not spent months in a war zone, they died as a result of drunk drivers. I haven't heard one politician cry over this. I guess because it would be easier to blame Ted Kennedy than GW.

6. bamthin

bamthin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I agree that's a problem. Too bad our President is unqualified to address that either....

WEST ALLIS, Wisconsin -- Texas Gov. George W. Bush acknowledged Thursday that in 1976 he was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol near his parents' home in Kennebunkport, Maine.

LINK

:eek:

-Bam

7. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    What disqualifies him? Committing a crime 30 years ago makes it impossible for him to judge right from wrong?

8. gertha

gertha Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You've avoided my question.

Where are the tears for the sensless deaths in a non-war zone (triple that of how many months in Iraq)? Dean ignored it like a security report at a nuclear facility. It is unfortunate that the civilians and soldiers died to free Iraq, but there is no dispute about the greater good of man-kind.

9. bamthin

bamthin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, when you consider that he lied about it during his campaign and that he lied in court in an effort to get his suspended license back (and then he kept drinking for eight more years). I would think even you can detect he may not be sensitive to the issue.

Look at it this way, would you trust Saddam to correct international human rights violations?

In my opinion, Bush has no qualifications to fix this problem. Did you know that his Texas driving record has been erased and is not available? Hmmmm....

-Bam

10. bamthin

bamthin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't avoid your question. Your question makes no sense. What does drunk driving fatalities have to do with the deaths in Iraq? You added the Kennedy/GW line to end your post. You certainly shouldn't have based on the fact that Bush is a convicted drunk driver. Kind of makes it look like you didn't even know that?

I guess I could bitch about drunk driving fatalities here but the name of the forum is "War in Iraq", maybe you didn't know that either?

-Bam