Uppity Folk.

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
They're are some people on this board who think they're to good to greet others here and they know who they are.

You mean "greet" as in welcome new posters?

I seldom bother.

I figure I'll be talking to them when they post something of interest.

Hmmm... Same thing, depends on my mood... Though I do try to be pleasant to the folks I meet on the street.

The problem with message boards, in my opinion, is the anonymity. It lends itself to a lack of civility, courteousness, and formality, three things most of us practice in the real world. While some of us work to maintain those three building blocks of humanity in the digital world, we don't always succeed. They may not seem necessary, they may be inconvenient at a particular moment, or maybe we think why bother? Sometimes I skip the welcome because I get the impression the new member won't be around after his or her first ten posts. Sometimes I'm just feeling grumpy and don't want to bother with the FNG. Then there are the days I'm feeling like a smartass... Those are the days I'll post in a "welcome" thread.

No excuse, just an explanation.

Hmmm... Same thing, depends on my mood... Though I do try to be pleasant to the folks I meet on the street.

The problem with message boards, in my opinion, is the anonymity. It lends itself to a lack of civility, courteousness, and formality, three things most of us practice in the real world. While some of us work to maintain those three building blocks of humanity in the digital world, we don't always succeed. They may not seem necessary, they may be inconvenient at a particular moment, or maybe we think why bother? Sometimes I skip the welcome because I get the impression the new member won't be around after his or her first ten posts. Sometimes I'm just feeling grumpy and don't want to bother with the FNG. Then there are the days I'm feeling like a smartass... Those are the days I'll post in a "welcome" thread.

No excuse, just an explanation.

this has nothing to do with the welcome thread

Forum List

Back