Uplifting Way To Start The Day!

Alex.

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2014
The U.S. Air Force Band at the Smithsonian

Starting with a single cellist on the floor of the National Air and Space Museum's "Milestones of Flight" gallery, and swelling to 120 musicians, The U.S. Air Force Band exhilarated museum visitors with its first-ever flash mob. The four-minute performance featured an original arrangement of "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring/Joy to the World," led by the band's commander and conductor, Col. Larry H. Lang. Unsuspecting museum visitors including tourists and school groups were astonished as instrumentalists streamed into the gallery from behind airplanes and space capsules, and vocalists burst into song from the Museum's second floor balcony.

Thanks for sharing.

This triggered something for me to (since this was at the Air & Space Museum) ... it's been a long time since I've been to the museum's in DC.
Drove past them a LOT over the years going to National's games, but, need to talk hubby into metro-ing down one day .....

The U.S. Air Force Band at the Smithsonian

Starting with a single cellist on the floor of the National Air and Space Museum's "Milestones of Flight" gallery, and swelling to 120 musicians, The U.S. Air Force Band exhilarated museum visitors with its first-ever flash mob. The four-minute performance featured an original arrangement of "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring/Joy to the World," led by the band's commander and conductor, Col. Larry H. Lang. Unsuspecting museum visitors including tourists and school groups were astonished as instrumentalists streamed into the gallery from behind airplanes and space capsules, and vocalists burst into song from the Museum's second floor balcony.

And with the precision one would expect from an elite military unit. Thank you. I have have not the words to express my gratitude both to you and to the USAF Band. Thank you.

Here is this years at Union Station

Published on Dec 4, 2015Members of the United States Air Force Band surprised commuters at Union Station here with a World War II Holiday Flashback Dec. 3, 2015. The event was designed to be a special holiday musical presentation celebrating the service and sacrifices of our nation's World War II veterans.

Forum List

Back