Update on Mass Teacher Firings.

Completely agree with Jackson. A local FOX station was the only news report that showed an interview with a CF student saying "It's not the teachers fault! If kids just did their work, this wouldn't be happening." The kids know exactly what's going on, not only in CF, but across the country. It's the adults running the schools (administrators on all levels from building to federal) that are destroying the system.

Yep. And that's where the social promotion kicks in. Big hearted teachers pass kids along who are frequently absent and/or do no homework, because they know it's not the kids' fault. No one wants to punish the child for having uninvolved parents. But passing them along is really doing them a disservice in the long run.

And those who won't go along to get along, Chanel?

They get let go.

And the chilling effect on those remaining teachers is fairly obvious.

I was high school teacher.

I had kids in my class whose entire school records -- even into grade school -- indicated they were superior students.

Except they weren't remotely superior.

In fact few of them were even marginally working at grade level.

Let me tell you, give one of those good soldiers a C instead of an A, and you're going to find yourself standing tall explaining why you don't like those kids.

Those kids' parents WILL go to the school board to get your ass fired...count on it.

THAT is a big big part of the cause of grade inflation.

And after a while, gues what?

Teachers just freakin give up trying to act like professionals because they are NOT professionals, they're EMPLOYEES

Last edited:

Forum List

Back