Update on Clinton's and Trump's ideas/plans on health care in America

Do you believe RAND CORP's analysis

• No (why not)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

If any of those 20 million are getting coverage due to Obamacare subsidies and taxes forced on someone else to pay them, it's that many opportunities for you to prove you really care about them having it. Hate to break it to you but you supporting someone else paying taxes to fund what you won't do on your own for a person without coverage isn't compassion. It's another fucking bleeding heart thinking compassion can come from expecting someone else to fund what he won't fund himself.

So you don't know how the ACA works.

I know exactly how it works. Part of the overall program involves making healthcare coverage more affordable by providing taxpayer funded SUBSIDIES to those who claim they can't afford to buy coverage. That's not the entire program but it's a big part of it.

Do you deny many that now have coverage are able to do so because of that freebie?

Its not free, people pay according to their income, why do people not understand this? Before it we all covered the uninsured, and they paid nothing.

When those subsidies lower what someone pays for healthcare coverage costs and it's offset by taxes paid from another person, it's a handout. No one said they weren't paying anything. What I said is the reduction in what they pay is offset by another person's higher taxes.

With Medicaid, it is free to them but the rest of us get the costs.

It goes back to it's not one group's place to be forced to offset the costs of another person's healthcare and that's what subsidies do. If you know of situations where someone can't afford coverage, unless you're willing to provide it to them with YOUR money, don't demand the rest of us be forced to do what you won't.

It goes back to it's not one group's place to be forced to offset the costs of another person's healthcare and that's what subsidies do.

That's what all insurance does, directly subsidized or not. Any time you use a health insurance plan, the rest of us are paying for care you couldn't finance by yourself.

It goes back to it's not one group's place to be forced to offset the costs of another person's healthcare and that's what subsidies do.

That's what all insurance does, directly subsidized or not. Any time you use a health insurance plan, the rest of us are paying for care you couldn't finance by yourself.

Can you identify the one major difference between that happening with the insurance group I joined and the taxpayer funding of the Obamacare subsidies?

Do try to keep up, if you don't know the basics of the issue, why don't you at least read and try to comprehend the issues?

Nowhere have I read that Trump's plan would forbid 20M people from buying health insurance.

Back to the pre existing conditions, many would not qualify and if they do, they would pay through the nose.

How is that my fault?

Do try to keep up, if you don't know the basics of the issue, why don't you at least read and try to comprehend the issues?

Nowhere have I read that Trump's plan would forbid 20M people from buying health insurance.

Back to the pre existing conditions, many would not qualify and if they do, they would pay through the nose.

How is that my fault?

Not your fault , but later today or tomorrow you just might be someone with a pre existing condition.

Is that because they would have to pay for it themselves?

How is that my fault?

Not your fault , but later today or tomorrow you just might be someone with a pre existing condition.

And it will be my responsibility to deal with it.

How is that my fault?

Responsibility means having the means to pay for it. Unless you're very wealthy, how do you propose to pay for, say, cancer surgery or CABG or a chronic, degenerative condition out of pocket? Are you only thinking of yourself, or do you have family members who might need any of these treatments?

How is that my fault?

Responsibility means having the means to pay for it. Unless you're very wealthy, how do you propose to pay for, say, cancer surgery or CABG or a chronic, degenerative condition out of pocket? Are you only thinking of yourself, or do you have family members who might need any of these treatments?

I believe in natural order.

How is that my fault?

Either you have no assets to loose or your to be frank, you a fool. Us taxpayers in the meantime will be paying your bills. When you recover under Trumps plan, you will not be able to qualify or afford a plan, so we will be paying for your medical expenses for life.

How is that my fault?

I believe in natural order.

That's nice. All right, then, what about an auto accident? Falling downstairs or off a ladder? All part of the natural order? And, again, is that just about you, or do you make those decisions for a spouse and children as well?

There is no discussion of the assumptions for the study.

Of course, 20 million lose under Trump while 9 million gain under Clinton.

You can't post anything that passes the red faced test ? Can you ?

I can and I have. Your response, besides being a personal attack, lacks substance; ad hominem's are never substantive.

There is no discussion of the assumptions for the study.

Of course, 20 million lose under Trump while 9 million gain under Clinton.

You can't post anything that passes the red faced test ? Can you ?

I can and I have. Your response, besides being a personal attack, lacks substance; ad hominem's are never substantive.

This study does not....not by a long shot.

Forum List

Back