Up to 300 million expected at Rally to Restore Sanity

Probably half the people who HATE Beck have never watched him.

they just KNOW that they should cause mediamatters and PMSnbc tells them they should.:lol:

It's stupid.

Neither one of those guys is very funny and who would listen to them anyway.

Seems to me to be yet another foreshadowing of where this country is headed.

Ahead Of D.C. Rally, John Stewart Influence Blooms

And your point is what exactly? That the idiots in this country are influenced by a bad comedian and fake news?

Yeah that inspires confidence.

My point is to inform you of WHO would listen to him.

I think the whole thing is hysterical, and would love to be there. Take it for what it is, people. A couple of political satirists poking fun at people like Beck and giving the attendees a good time in the process. A stunt. With a point, but still a stunt. And it's funny as hell.

I guess satire is lost on many, they are too angry to 'get it.'

*PS-The 300 Million thing was also a joke for the humor impaired..............

I think the whole thing is hysterical, and would love to be there. Take it for what it is, people. A couple of political satirists poking fun at people like Beck and giving the attendees a good time in the process. A stunt. With a point, but still a stunt. And it's funny as hell.

Not really. It's entertaining but political as well. Like his show. We'll see what comes of it but it isn't just comedy.

It's stupid.

Neither one of those guys is very funny and who would listen to them anyway.

Seem to me to be yet another foreshadowing of where this country is headed.

I have the same feeling about the Beck.

Never watched him.

I generally do not watch opinion spewing pundits on the idiot box. I find it a waste of time.

I have watched him a couple of hours total just so I could be knowledgeable about him and his followers.

My official opinion is they are stupit.
The event is just for fun.

Jon-Stewart.jpg

I'm there in spirit! Can't wait to watch how everything plays out! Restore Sanity!

Last edited:
Too bad the lefties weren't interested in RESTORING SANITY all during the Bush years.

we wouldn't of had to watch them making asses out of themselves with all their anti-war protests.:lol:

no one is restoring sanity in just 3 hours i still hope they have a great turn out

Bones, where is your webcam?

Well only if she doesn't get 'caught' with it! LOL! As if they could do as they wish:

?Rally to Resore Sanity? pledges to ?strictly prohibit filming? at National Mall | Washington Examiner

“Rally to Resore Sanity” pledges to “strictly prohibit filming” at National Mall
By: J.P. Freire
Associate Commentary Editor
10/29/10 10:35 PM EDT

Irony reaches new heights as Comedy Central is going to “strictly prohibit filming” of the Rally to Restore Sanity/March to Keep Fear Alive. PJTV’s Washington Bureau chief Richard Pollock inquired with the Comedy Central’s senior vice president of corporate communications Steve Albani about receiving credentials. Albani claimed that Pollock would not be given credentials because of limited supply, and as such there would be no room on the “press riser” for PJTV’s camera and crew. When Pollock said that he’d be fine with filming not on the press riser, Albani said that filming would be “strictly prohibited” between 3rd and 7th streets on the National Mall (ground zero for the event). The email exchange is further down.

The claim that Comedy Central can prohibit filming on federal property during an event open to the public is completely wrong. I know this because I co-organized the first D.C. Tea Party event with John O’Hara (again, prior to my employment at The Examiner, yadda yadda), meaning I’ve gone through the process of getting a permit on federal property run by the National Park Service, which is precisely what Comedy Central had to do. And under the special events guidelines, which Albani may not have taken time to look at, is this:

News coverage of the event is allowed without additional permits unless significant additional equipment set-up, which is not depicted on the Permittees site plan, is involved. Arrangements for press and broadcast media coverage of the event must be made at least seven (7) days before the opening day of the event.​

Here’s another resource, too. If PJTV’s crew walks around with handheld cameras, they’re well within their rights, particularly as a media organization — especially considering the number of camera phones, Flipcams, and personal camcorders that will be used during the event. But wait — it looks like somebody at Comedy Central read the rules because there’s a list on the Rally’s Frequently Asked Questions page about what is not permitted, and cameras are unlisted. In fact, the FAQ even says that the event is open to the media and to contact about credentials.

You don’t need credentials to film an event open to the public on federal land that has already permitted other media outlets. Comedy Central has not leased the National Mall, nor could it. In other words, quit it. Either this is a fun publicity stunt steeped in irony or it’s an exercise in corporate control. And last I checked, it’s not “Comedy Central Planning.”

In fact, the Tea Party movement has done a bang-up job allowing as many kooky reporters and camera-toting people into their rallies, and simply found ways to deal with it without clamping down on free press. (The most innovative is using signs to expose Tea Party imposters.) In fact, as Lachlan Markay notes, the press is going wild for this event, but Glenn Beck’s Rally to Restore Hope was willing to provide more credentials (though it’s uncertain who, if any, were ever denied):

For some perspective, consider that the September 12, 2010 Tea Party on the Mall received roughly 150 requests for press credentials, according to FreedomWorks, which sponsored the event.

Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” rally granted 450 such credentials to journalists, but in the brief contact NewsBusters had with Beck’s staff there was no indication that any reporter who had requested credentials had been turned down.​

There’s the real irony: While this rally seeks to make fun of Tea Party activists who advocate for freedom, Comedy Central is looking to tightly control the event as much as possible. Lame...

no one is restoring sanity in just 3 hours i still hope they have a great turn out

Well only if she doesn't get 'caught' with it! LOL! As if they could do as they wish:

?Rally to Resore Sanity? pledges to ?strictly prohibit filming? at National Mall | Washington Examiner

“Rally to Resore Sanity” pledges to “strictly prohibit filming” at National Mall

Irony reaches new heights as Comedy Central is going to “strictly prohibit filming” of the Rally to Restore Sanity/March to Keep Fear Alive. PJTV’s Washington Bureau chief Richard Pollock inquired with the Comedy Central’s senior vice president of corporate communications Steve Albani about receiving credentials. Albani claimed that Pollock would not be given credentials because of limited supply, and as such there would be no room on the “press riser” for PJTV’s camera and crew. When Pollock said that he’d be fine with filming not on the press riser, Albani said that filming would be “strictly prohibited” between 3rd and 7th streets on the National Mall (ground zero for the event). The email exchange is further down.

The claim that Comedy Central can prohibit filming on federal property during an event open to the public is completely wrong. I know this because I co-organized the first D.C. Tea Party event with John O’Hara (again, prior to my employment at The Examiner, yadda yadda), meaning I’ve gone through the process of getting a permit on federal property run by the National Park Service, which is precisely what Comedy Central had to do. And under the special events guidelines, which Albani may not have taken time to look at, is this:
News coverage of the event is allowed without additional permits unless significant additional equipment set-up, which is not depicted on the Permittees site plan, is involved. Arrangements for press and broadcast media coverage of the event must be made at least seven (7) days before the opening day of the event.
Here’s another resource, too. If PJTV’s crew walks around with handheld cameras, they’re well within their rights, particularly as a media organization — especially considering the number of camera phones, Flipcams, and personal camcorders that will be used during the event. But wait — it looks like somebody at Comedy Central read the rules because there’s a list on the Rally’s Frequently Asked Questions page about what is not permitted, and cameras are unlisted. In fact, the FAQ even says that the event is open to the media and to contact about credentials.

You don’t need credentials to film an event open to the public on federal land that has already permitted other media outlets. Comedy Central has not leased the National Mall, nor could it. In other words, quit it. Either this is a fun publicity stunt steeped in irony or it’s an exercise in corporate control. And last I checked, it’s not “Comedy Central Planning.”

In fact, the Tea Party movement has done a bang-up job allowing as many kooky reporters and camera-toting people into their rallies, and simply found ways to deal with it without clamping down on free press. (The most innovative is using signs to expose Tea Party imposters.) In fact, as Lachlan Markay notes, the press is going wild for this event, but Glenn Beck’s Rally to Restore Hope was willing to provide more credentials (though it’s uncertain who, if any, were ever denied):
For some perspective, consider that the September 12, 2010 Tea Party on the Mall received roughly 150 requests for press credentials, according to FreedomWorks, which sponsored the event.

Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” rally granted 450 such credentials to journalists, but in the brief contact NewsBusters had with Beck’s staff there was no indication that any reporter who had requested credentials had been turned down.
There’s the real irony: While this rally seeks to make fun of Tea Party activists who advocate for freedom, Comedy Central is looking to tightly control the event as much as possible. Lame...

I want to see them enforce it...:lol:

Not really. It's entertaining but political as well. Like his show. We'll see what comes of it but it isn't just comedy.

That's where the point comes in. Satire usually has a point, if it didn't it wouldn't be funny. But really it's just a live 3-hour political cartoon. Too fun! :clap2:

News coverage of the event is allowed without additional permits unless significant additional equipment set-up, which is not depicted on the Permittees site plan, is involved. Arrangements for press and broadcast media coverage of the event must be made at least seven (7) days before the opening day of the event.

Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” rally granted 450 such credentials to journalists, but in the brief contact NewsBusters had with Beck’s staff there was no indication that any reporter who had requested credentials had been turned down.

I want to see them enforce it...:lol:

Impossible, legally and practically. I mean how many cell phones/videocams? LOL! But it does highlight the irony of the name of the event. ;)

Forum List

Back