Up to 300 million expected at Rally to Restore Sanity

I think the whole thing is hysterical, and would love to be there. Take it for what it is, people. A couple of political satirists poking fun at people like Beck and giving the attendees a good time in the process. A stunt. With a point, but still a stunt. And it's funny as hell.

Not really. It's entertaining but political as well. Like his show. We'll see what comes of it but it isn't just comedy.

That's where the point comes in. Satire usually has a point, if it didn't it wouldn't be funny. But really it's just a live 3-hour political cartoon. Too fun! :clap2:

It's kinda like "The Onion"

Making a point with satire and humor.

The fact so many people are freaking out about it makes it even more funny!

Well only if she doesn't get 'caught' with it! LOL! As if they could do as they wish:

?Rally to Resore Sanity? pledges to ?strictly prohibit filming? at National Mall | Washington Examiner

I want to see them enforce it...:lol:

Impossible, legally and practically. I mean how many cell phones/videocams? LOL! But it does highlight the irony of the name of the event. ;)

Exactly. They don't want their brand of buffoonery getting out albiet we see it on a daily basis anyway. :lol:

Not really. It's entertaining but political as well. Like his show. We'll see what comes of it but it isn't just comedy.

That's where the point comes in. Satire usually has a point, if it didn't it wouldn't be funny. But really it's just a live 3-hour political cartoon. Too fun! :clap2:

EZ, I don't see anyone 'freaking out.' I see lots of humor in this, but then I did at the Bible rally too.

EZ, I don't see anyone 'freaking out.' I see lots of humor in this, but then I did at the Bible rally too.

Of course you do hon, you're smart enough to see the reason for them doing this!

I don't see anyone freaking out either. It's a fun thread.

Stewart topped a poll of the "most influential men" of the year conducted by AskMen.com, ahead of Microsoft's
Bill Gates and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. Obama came 21st.

Ahead Of D.C. Rally, John Stewart Influence Blooms

All that does is just prove that there are some STUPID ASSES out there.

It prooves who listens to JS which is why I posted it clown.

EXACTLY.... A bunch of dumbasses!

Gawd... cant you read?

I don't see anyone freaking out either. It's a fun thread.

Well, it is except for the few calling other posters names on here...............

But maybe that's all in fun too!

great weather for it
30.png

Partly Cloudy -> 61°!!!

:clap2:

I think the whole thing is hysterical, and would love to be there. Take it for what it is, people. A couple of political satirists poking fun at people like Beck and giving the attendees a good time in the process. A stunt. With a point, but still a stunt. And it's funny as hell.

My son is there with his girlfriend. Should be a good time

My sis went with some friends. From NH!

I'm jealous! It's going to be a riot.

(Not literally, for the humor impaired)

Could be the largest gathering in history!

Stage set on National Mall for Stewart, Colbert rally - CNN.com

Washington (CNN) -- Comedy Central funnymen Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert will hold a rally on the National Mall Saturday, putting a satirical spin on partisan politics three days before midterm elections.

Stewart and Colbert's "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear" is scheduled to start at noon.

They announced the rally in September, less than three weeks after conservative talk-show host Glenn Beck hosted a much-publicized "Restoring Honor" rally on the National Mall, urging large crowds to "turn back to God" and return America to the values on which it was founded.

Since then, Stewart's rally has grabbed headlines -- many asking, could the man making a living off mocking politicians actually be stepping into political activism?

The comedian hasn't offered many specifics.

"This is for the people that are too busy, that have jobs and lives, and are tired of their reflection in the media as being a divided country and a country that's ideological and conflicted and fighting. This is for those people," Stewart told CNN's Larry King

I'm ok with it, they said they'd clean up after themselves.. :razz:

And u fell for that?Lol

Forum List

Back