Untaxed U.S. corporate profits held overseas top $2.1 trillion: study

Liberals love corporations keeping the cash overseas from overseas profits. That is the only way they can continue to bash them.
If they really wanted that cash to come home they would support lower taxes on consumers as NO corporation ever pays taxes.
Ever.
PEOPLE only pay taxes, all corporations do is collect money from consumers of their goods and services.

So corporations are not people now?

:lol:

Thats easy.

The Clowns in Congress simply need to change the law that allow it.

Oh and notice GE is the biggest company taking advantage of the law.

Kinda sorta Immelt the head of GE was Barry's good buddy?? In fact he's the Tzar of jobs? What a joke.

Immelt is a registered Republican.

Jeffrey R. Immelt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His appointment followed the tradition of what this administration has tried to do. Get boith sides of the aisle and people who are experts in their fields involved in problem solving.

Even then, Immelt's regurgitated the "company" line of most American businesses involved in off shoring.

"Americans simply don't have the skills."

i Dont give a fuck about his registration, hes an obama supporter. He supports a marxist economic system that benefits him.

as for offshore, why wouldnt they do that. Democrats never pay their taxes too and they are the ones to advocate for them, so shut the fuck up.

Until democrats stop playing the system, im not going to feel bad if businesses do

I love the 1 percent mark. So whats the perca0ntage on liberal paradise cuba?

Should be easy for you then...

Name a country..or a state..where first a business was set up..and then out of that grew a government?

Only a dumb ass believes capitalism grew out of the founding of this nation.
Government was formed BECAUSE OF FREE MARKET CAPITALISM when we defeated the British.

So what you are saying is that a consortium of business set up this country?

Really?

That's your story and you are sticking with it?

Typical liberal drivel.
You can not articulate a sentence of what you believe so you make up fiction of what others supposedly believe.

Do not know where they got the BS 2 trillion #.
More like 12 trillion and growing.
You get more of what you reward and less of what you punish.
Excessive corporate taxation cheats share holders, PEOPLE, out of massive amounts of dividends.
The growth of the moocher class is what kills economic growth.

Thats easy.

The Clowns in Congress simply need to change the law that allow it.

Oh and notice GE is the biggest company taking advantage of the law.

Kinda sorta Immelt the head of GE was Barry's good buddy?? In fact he's the Tzar of jobs? What a joke.

Immelt is a registered Republican.

Jeffrey R. Immelt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His appointment followed the tradition of what this administration has tried to do. Get boith sides of the aisle and people who are experts in their fields involved in problem solving.

Even then, Immelt's regurgitated the "company" line of most American businesses involved in off shoring.

"Americans simply don't have the skills."

i Dont give a fuck about his registration, hes an obama supporter. He supports a marxist economic system that benefits him.

as for offshore, why wouldnt they do that. Democrats never pay their taxes too and they are the ones to advocate for them, so shut the fuck up.

Until democrats stop playing the system, im not going to feel bad if businesses do

I love the 1 percent mark. So whats the perca0ntage on liberal paradise cuba?

You just call Immelt a Marxist?

Seriously?

Only a dumb ass believes capitalism grew out of the founding of this nation.
Government was formed BECAUSE OF FREE MARKET CAPITALISM when we defeated the British.

Really?

Typical liberal drivel.
You can not articulate a sentence of what you believe so you make up fiction of what others supposedly believe.

It's not "drivel" at all.

You'd be on more solid ground if you said that this country was founded by folks trying to escape religious persecution. That wouldn't be entirely true, but the first colonists were batshit crazy puritans who the brits couldn't stand.

Eventually however there were folks more interested in getting into politics. And the colonies had many opportunities for that.

The Constitution was not written by folks in the business community. Most of the founders were lawyers.

You guys live in a real fantasy world.

Excessive corporate taxation cheats share holders, PEOPLE, out of massive amounts of dividends.

The investment class, IS the moocher class.

And fattening them up does zero to help economic growth.

Simple. Stop being so harsh on profit like you liberals naturally are, and perhaps people won't resort to such underhanded tactics to evade our tax code. It's ironic this spike in overseas profit comes under Obama's term in office. It's quite interesting really.

But I couldn't help but notice something else. You chastise the rich for being rich and greedy, yet demand that the minimum wage be raised again and again, almost endlessly. I call that greed, not benevolence. Profit is attacked, not encouraged. This behavior is the doing of an overbearing liberalized government.

Harsh on profit?

WHAT?

Look around you.

This country has the most billionaires in the world.

And a VERY SMALL percentage of the population, around 1% controls 40% of this country's wealth.

Had it been "harsh" on profit that wouldn't be the case at all.

Yes, but if you had your way, everyone would either be a billionaire or a poor man. If you had your way, nobody would be a billionaire, everyone would share the same amount of wealth, or none at all. You let the greed of a select few dictate the nature of how others prosper in America.

And by the way, in the business world, he who controls the majority stake rules the roost. That other 60% belongs to the rest of us. So why are you complaining? We have the power to put their feet to the fire, yet we sit here moaning about how rich they are.

One last thing. Should you ever become one of those elite few to ascend to such wealthy and prosperous heights, you will have become the very thing you despise.

It's government that allows business to flourish.

No government? No capitalism.

Government provides a vast array of services, infrastructure and resources that are mainly funded by the people WORKING for these private corporations.

They get money coming and going.

A little parity is not much to ask.

And it's part of the United States Constitution.

Give it up, you are clueless.
It is BUSINESS and PEOPLE that allows government to "flourish" and squander EARNED resources.
Government earns nothing.

Should be easy for you then...

Name a country..or a state..where first a business was set up..and then out of that grew a government?

The IRS.

It was simply a way to manage revenue, yet now it has become a government within itself, rivaling the triumvirate of the three branches. It uses the power it has to lethal and devastating effect. Why do you think Obama chose the IRS to implement his healthcare law? Aside from being an attack dog, now it's an attack dog selling healthcare insurance.

I don't understand how you missed this.

Hopefully you'll remember that when you yourself make it big in the world.

Simple. Stop being so harsh on profit like you liberals naturally are, and perhaps people won't resort to such underhanded tactics to evade our tax code. It's ironic this spike in overseas profit comes under Obama's term in office. It's quite interesting really.

But I couldn't help but notice something else. You chastise the rich for being rich and greedy, yet demand that the minimum wage be raised again and again, almost endlessly. I call that greed, not benevolence. Profit is attacked, not encouraged. This behavior is the doing of an overbearing liberalized government.

Harsh on profit?

WHAT?

Look around you.

And a VERY SMALL percentage of the population, around 1% controls 40% of this country's wealth.

Yes, but if you had your way, everyone would either be a billionaire or a poor man. If you had your way, nobody would be a billionaire, everyone would share the same amount of wealth, or none at all. You let the greed of a select few dictate the nature of how others prosper in America.

And by the way, in the business world, he who controls the majority stake rules the roost. That other 60% belongs to the rest of us. So why are you complaining? We have the power to put their feet to the fire, yet we sit here moaning about how rich they are.

One last thing. Should you ever become one of those elite few to ascend to such wealthy and prosperous heights, you will have become the very thing you despise.

Wait what?

If I had my way? Where do you come up with this stuff.

If I had "my way", tax rate would be at Eisenhower levels. Corporate salaries would have a cap and no one would make, say, 20x more than anyone else in the same corporation. There would also be things like Luxury taxes, per trade taxes and taxes on hedge fund managers. We'd go back to Glass-Steagall. Minimum wages would also rise as top tier salaries rose.

That would insure a vital middle class.

Also anti-trust laws would be enforced. What we have now with the advent of multi-nationals is ridiculous. And the overseas tax havens for American companies? Those would be history.

Really?

Typical liberal drivel.

You'd be on more solid ground if you said that this country was founded by folks trying to escape religious persecution. That wouldn't be entirely true, but the first colonists were batshit crazy puritans who the brits couldn't stand.

Eventually however there were folks more interested in getting into politics. And the colonies had many opportunities for that.

The Constitution was not written by folks in the business community. Most of the founders were lawyers.

Really, and you think I'm going to let this kind of revisionist history slip?

We refer to those "batshit crazy puritans" as the Pilgrims. They were separatists from the Church of England who established Plymouth Colony in 1620. The whole idea of the Great Migration which followed, was introduced by John Winthrop. A lawyer who founded Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1630.

The London Company, which was issued a royal charter by the king himself, helped found the Colony of Virginia. They also earlier issued a patent for the first wave of Puritans to take the Mayflower and move to New England. So far be it from me to say that the "brits couldn't stand" them.

Last edited:
Harsh on profit?

WHAT?

Look around you.

Wait what?

If I had "my way", tax rate would be at Eisenhower levels. Corporate salaries would have a cap and no one would make, say, 20x more than anyone else in the same corporation. There would also be things like Luxury taxes, per trade taxes and taxes on hedge fund managers. We'd go back to Glass-Steagall. Minimum wages would also rise as top tier salaries rose.

Also anti-trust laws would be enforced. What we have now with the advent of multi-nationals is ridiculous. And the overseas tax havens for American companies? Those would be history.

Corporate salaries would have a cap and no one would make, say, 20x more than anyone else in the same corporation.

So, you would be placing a limit on how much wealth someone could attain. What did I just get through telling you? You clearly and evidently despise people prospering more than others. It's either equal prosperity or no prosperity. I'm sorry, that entire statement blew it for you. You justified everything I just said about you and your philosophy.

Minimum wages would also rise as top tier salaries rose.

And you could kiss any new business startups goodbye. You don't understand something here. If we had such a law, the salary a small business would have to pay would be proportionate to the salaries of these top tier individuals. You would wind up crushing anyone with any entrepreneurial ambitions. You simply don't realize what a detrimental effect that would have on the backbone of our economy.

We'd go back to Glass-Steagall.

Well, would it surprise you to know that the very same Senator who introduced that act in 1932 tried to repeal it in 1935? Almost 75 years later the Glass Steagall Act was fully repealed with the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, introduced by Republicans, and signed by President Clinton in 1999; who himself argued that this act actually helped to soften the economic crisis which occurred in 2008.

I must assume that you were against the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and I can only assume that you probably thought it was the cause of the economic crisis, something Elizabeth Warren herself contended. But as you can see here:

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/05...isis/?_php=true&_type=blogs&ref=business&_r=0

It had zero to do with the economic crisis. Nor would have Glass Steagall stopped the crisis from happening, since the failure occurred on the commercial side of the bank, not the investment bank as you and everyone else would be led to believe. If you want someone to hate, hate Clinton. He welcomed this repeal of Glass Steagall with open arms.

Last edited:
Buy the way, about our founding fathers not being businessmen:

At the time of the convention, 13 individuals were businessmen, merchants, or shippers: Blount, Broom, Clymer, Dayton, Fitzsimons, Gerry, Gilman, Gorham, Langdon, Robert Morris, Pierce, Sherman, and Wilson. Six were major land speculators: Blount, Dayton, Fitzsimons, Gorham, Robert Morris, and Wilson. Eleven speculated in securities on a large scale: Bedford, Blair, Clymer, Dayton, Fitzsimons, Franklin, King, Langdon, Robert Morris, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, and Sherman. Twelve owned or managed slave-operated plantations or large farms: Bassett, Blair, Blount, Butler, Carroll, Jenifer, Mason, Charles Pinckney, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, Rutledge, Spaight, and Washington. Madison also owned slaves. Broom and Few were small farmers.

America's Founding Fathers - Delegates to the Constitutional Convention

How ignorant you are.
How many hundreds of thousands of YOUR OWN DOLLARS have you earned and put at risk investing in a business?
Most of the investment in this country is small business putting back into their own businesses the little profits they do make after government plunders them to hand out to the moocher class.
Or are you one of those that believes with Obama that no one ever built their own business?

We work 70 hour weeks to stay afloat for almost 40 years now.

Your class warfare talking points are for sophomore tag along salary sheeple.
We work, invest and live in the real world.

Best country in the world to be ultra wealthy and still they bitch and moan about taxes. Most of us do not have the option to hide our income from taxation, at least not for long, and if found out we get audits and fines yet here we have a bunch of middle class people cheering that the billionaires get out of taxes therefore placing more burden on us. Assholes need to just leave and buy their own country where they can be just as much like emperors as they can afford and quit fucking up our country with their selfish meddling in politics.

Please post where they did anything illegal.

Harsh on profit?

WHAT?

Look around you.

Wait what?

How big an army will we need to invade and conquer the countries that have banks holding cash of American companies?
How many of your children are you sending to fight?

Typical liberal drivel.

Really, and you think I'm going to let this kind of revisionist history slip?

We refer to those "batshit crazy puritans" as the Pilgrims. They were separatists from the Church of England who established Plymouth Colony in 1620. The whole idea of the Great Migration which followed, was introduced by John Winthrop. A lawyer who founded Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1630.

The London Company, which was issued a royal charter by the king himself, helped found the Colony of Virginia. They also earlier issued a patent for the first wave of Puritans to take the Mayflower and move to New England. So far be it from me to say that the "brits couldn't stand" them.

They couldn't.

That's not revisionism.

Additionally Europe started sending over criminals and malcontents to the colonies.

These "separatists" also engaged in "Witch Burning".

You down with that as well?

Wait what?

How big an army will we need to invade and conquer the countries that have banks holding cash of American companies?
How many of your children are you sending to fight?

Why would we ever do that?

We have something called laws and courts.

Why is it you think that every "conflict" needs to involve an army and killing?

How ignorant you are.
How many hundreds of thousands of YOUR OWN DOLLARS have you earned and put at risk investing in a business?
Most of the investment in this country is small business putting back into their own businesses the little profits they do make after government plunders them to hand out to the moocher class.
Or are you one of those that believes with Obama that no one ever built their own business?

We work 70 hour weeks to stay afloat for almost 40 years now.

Your class warfare talking points are for sophomore tag along salary sheeple.
We work, invest and live in the real world.

Specifically?

I lost around 100K in a bar in Atlanta.

Anymore fucking stupid questions?

Forum List

Back