Univision Host Fired for Comparing Michelle Obama to Planet of the Apes Character on Live TV

I disagree, I am a Christian but I don't "cling" to my Bible, I use it as a guide. I believe in 2nd amendment rights but I don't cling to my gun, I don't even own one. This issue is that Obama tried to stereotype a group of people into a mind set. So it is ignorance or just thoughtless, take your pick.
You're a self-professed Christian who doesn't CLING to their Bible?!?! WoW!! I don't know what to make of that. I really don't.

All I can say, or ask rather, is...when was the last time you opened up your hymnal dude? The word "cling" is in there quite a bit. In fact, one of the most popular hymns in Christianity's chorus specifically says to "cling to the old rugged cross", BRAD PAISLEY LYRICS - The Old Rugged Cross

You must be one of them new-fangled Christians who've never cracked a hymnal and sang in their life. Say it ain't so!

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong, I read it often, I use it for guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wrong about what exactly? That you actually sang from a hymnal or that "cling" is not offensive to Christians, but rather a statement of what they should do?

Are you stating that you read your hymnal often for guidance? Is that what I'm to understand here?
Make of it what you wish.
No, I can't just "make of it what I wish", that's not how communication works brother.

Can you give some clarity there?

It would be much appreciated, thanks.

I don't sing from a hymnal, I have never sang old rugged cross, I didn't realize it was critical to serving God. I read my Bible for guidance, I don't cling to it.

The phrase of clinging to a Bible and guns is offensive to me. It sounds like he was demeaning people that look to religion or exercise their right to carry a gun. I don't own a gun, never will. There are many moderates, that don't fit the the stereotype.

I understand what BHO was saying, but I agree the phrase is offensive and reveals a man who does not capture the mind set of a certain culture of Americans.

I don't sing from a hymnal, I have never sang old rugged cross, I didn't realize it was critical to serving God. I read my Bible for guidance, I don't cling to it.

The phrase of clinging to a Bible and guns is offensive to me. It sounds like he was demeaning people that look to religion or exercise their right to carry a gun. I don't own a gun, never will. There are many moderates, that don't fit the the stereotype.
From your statements I could tell right away that you never cracked a hymnal, so I was spot-on in that assessment.

Secondly, you're of the type that CHOSE to be offended by the statement Obama made about clinging. That's your prerogative, however, from the Christian perspective, nothing he said about clinging to Bibles is offensive, as I pointed out. Ask around, that hymn is VERY popular in Christianity. Christianity has been changing by modern (read secular) influences, you seem to be a product of that... so I understand where you're coming from.

Thanks for clarifying though, it was much appreciated.

From your statements I could tell right away that you never cracked a hymnal, so I was spot-on in that assessment.

Secondly, you're of the type that CHOSE to be offended by the statement Obama made about clinging. That's your prerogative, however, from the Christian perspective, nothing he said about clinging to Bibles is offensive, as I pointed out. Ask around, that hymn is VERY popular in Christianity. Christianity has been changing by modern (read secular) influences, you seem to be a product of that... so I understand where you're coming from.

Everyone chooses to be offended, I'm a Christian and I found it offensive and so did other Christians. Depends on who you are and are not attacking I guess or your political perspective.

I believe the Bible is correct and true. I believe 99% of all religions do not follow the Bible.

Thank you for the nice dialogue, I do respect you and your post, you are like an anti-inflammatory on the board. :)

Everyone chooses to be offended, I'm a Christian and I found it offensive and so did other Christians. Depends on who you are and are not attacking I guess or your political perspective.

I believe the Bible is correct and true. I believe 99% of all religions do not follow the Bible.

Thank you for the nice dialogue, I do respect you and your post, you are like an anti-inflammatory on the board. :)
Are you sure about that there brother? Be careful.

:)

Are you sure about that there brother? Be careful.

:)
lol! In meaning you don't flame the board, you ask good questions and gets one to thinking and you lower to the level of knee jerk name calling, at least in my experience.

Papa is a literalist without understanding the Bible.

OK, we know what is the issue now.

I would suggest we leave Papa to his beliefs and ignore most of his nonsense.

lol! In meaning you don't flame the board, you ask good questions and gets one to thinking and you lower to the level of knee jerk name calling, at least in my experience.
I was just warning you from complimenting the board's bad guy.

My get some lash back.

And yeah, I like to fling some names around from time to time...it's the kid in me coming out.

Ain't I stinka!!?

hehehe
:D

Papa is a literalist without understanding the Bible.

OK, we know what is the issue now.

I would suggest we leave Papa to his beliefs and ignore most of his nonsense.

What don't I understand about the Bible? Please let me know, or are you lazy and just making assumptions?

Last edited:
Papa, you have made it quite clear what you think and how you approach the Bible. I don't need to attack you at all, other than saying "ok" and not give you credence on this kids of matters.

Papa, you have made it quite clear what you think and how you approach the Bible. I don't need to attack you at all, other than saying "ok" and not give you credence on this kids of matters.

How is it that I approach the Bible? You are the one making an accusation and yet you can't tell me what my beliefs are. You already attacked me, now you won't back up what you claim. I think you try to pigeonhole others without discussing or learning. Wouldn't that make you ignorant? Am I right or wrong?

So tell me, you claim to know what I believe, however I am willing to bet you are wrong.

Whine all you want, but you don't get "just once more".

Intellectually lazy I see, you label then move on, I think you are a poor Christian, in that you judge and don't go to others if you have an issue.

But that's cool by me, I don't hold you in high regard and you confirmed it.

"not once more", papa, it is what is.

Don't want it Jake, it's based on your opinion which is based on not knowing me. So it's all good.

Besides you and Joe and your hatred for Mormons is disturbing anyways.

Last edited:

Don't want it Jake, it's based on your opinion which is based on not knowing me. So it's all good.

Based on what you write here. My hatred for Mormons? :lol: I am one of their fans here and defenders. So, yup, you are reacting instead of acting. Need to step your game up, champ.

Based on what you write here. My hatred for Mormons? :lol: I am one of their fans here and defenders. So, yup, you are reacting instead of acting. Need to step your game up, champ.

Sure you are a fan. Lol! You never denied that you were against them in all my interaction with you.

Forum List

Back