'Planet Of The Apes' Comment Towards Michelle Obama

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Univision host Rodner Figueroa was fired Wednesday after comparing first lady Michelle Obama's appearance to that of someone from the cast of the "Planet of the Apes."

The Emmy-winning host was dismissed over the racist remark said during his live segment on the entertainment news show "El Gordo Y La Flaca," HuffPost Voces first reported. Univision confirmed the news via e-mail earlier today.

Figueroa's comment came while talking about make-up artist Paolo Ballesteros' viral undertaking of transforming himself into female celebrities. The fashionista, known for his critical "Fashion Police"-style remarks, analyzed Ballesteros' transformation for Michelle Obama with an original photo of the first lady beside it.

"Mind you, you know that Michelle Obama looks like she's part of the cast of "Planet of the Apes," the film," Figueroa said.

More: Univision Host Rodner Figueroa Fired Over Racist 'Planet Of The Apes' Comment Towards Michelle Obama

I applaud Univision for firing Figueroa so promptly. Such racist disrespect for our First Lady should never be tolerated.

And now all the right-wing "free speech" advocates are going to jump into the fray, claiming Rodner is being denied his... And of course that Obama is "shredding the Constitution", etc...

But freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the responsibility of what you say. Sorry, righties...

And now all the right-wing "free speech" advocates are going to jump into the fray, claiming Rodner is being denied his... And of course that Obama is "shredding the Constitution", etc...

But freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the responsibility of what you say. Sorry, righties...

Freedom of speech is freedom of speech and the remark was uncalled for but let's go back to you on the left and calling Bush a chimp...and using pics to do it. That doesn't bother you at all does it? Don't lie either

Freedom of speech is freedom of speech and the remark was uncalled for but let's go back to you on the left and calling Bush a chimp...and using pics to do it. That doesn't bother you at all does it? Don't lie either

First of all, I've never called Bush a chimp, or posted pictures of him as such.

But let's get this in context. Calling an African American a "chimp" or a "monkey" has long been known as a racial epithet. That's why this idiot got fired. Clear enough?

Michelle looks more like a Wookie. A Wookie that could be cast on Planet of the Apes.

That's not MY fault, blame her parents.

First of all, I've never called Bush a chimp, or posted pictures of him as such.

But let's get this in context. Calling an African American a "chimp" or a "monkey" has long been known as a racial epithet. That's why this idiot got fired. Clear enough?

Nope, if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander. Your selective outrage is noted, your being a left loon is also noted...hypocrite

Was anyone fired for calling Dubya a chimp?

Bush_chimp.jpg

Last edited:

Nope, if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander. Your selective outrage is noted, your being a left loon is also noted...hypocrite

I'm not outraged at either. Strawman much?

Sure you are, you on the left go berserk when anyone dares to criticize the Boy King or his family.

What if the man had compared Mooch to Chewbacca? Your premise is because she's black and he referred to apes is why it was wrong, so Chewbacca would be ok in your book?

He made a stupid joke, he got what he deserved. I find it funny that many on the left dismiss tasteless jokes about those on the right.

If you are outraged by one, you should be outraged by the other, otherwise you are nothing but a spineless partisan hack.

Sure you are, you on the left go berserk when anyone dares to criticize the Boy King or his family.

What if the man had compared Mooch to Chewbacca? Your premise is because she's black and he referred to apes is why it was wrong, so Chewbacca would be ok in your book?

Now you are just being stupid. Have a nice day. :)

Translation: She nailed me, I gotta get out of here. Typical left loon, can't stand

Translation: She nailed me, I gotta get out of here. Typical left loon, can't stand

I tried to discuss this reasonably, but you refused. You started posted some stuff about Bush, then called me a hypocrite. I didn't play, so you claim victory. That's typical right-wing ignorance alright.

I tried to discuss this reasonably, but you refused. You started posted some stuff about Bush, then called me a hypocrite. I didn't play, so you claim victory. That's typical right-wing ignorance alright.

Translation: I know I'm wrong so I'll try to baffle with BS

Translation: I know I'm wrong so I'll try to baffle with BS

I'm not wrong though. :)

Forum List

Back