University offers female students extra credit for not shaving their armpits

Not fair to the guys. If I had to de-hair my whole body ... the shop would have to special order another truckload of wax. The men have to do way more work for the same credit.

Last edited:
male Arizona State University students can receive extra credit for defying social norms and refusing to shave for 10 weeks during the semester.

Women and Gender Studies Professor Breanne Fahs, encourages her female students to cease shaving their underarms and legs during the semester and document their experiences in a journal.

Student Stephanie Robinson said it was a “life changing experience.”

“Many of my friends didn’t want to work out next to me or hear about the assignment, and my mother was distraught at the idea that I would be getting married in a white dress with armpit hair,” Robinson told ASU news.

Men are also allowed to receive extra credit, as long as they shave their bodies from the neck down.

Fahs says the experiment illustrates social issues with gender roles, particularly with the male participants.

--

Participant and student Jaqueline Gonzalez said the experience allowed her to start on a path of activism.

“The experience helped me better understand how pervasive gendered socialization is in our culture. Furthermore, by doing this kind of activist project I was no longer an armchair activist theorizing in the classroom.” she said. “So much is learned by actually taking part in the theory or idea we learn in the classroom, and we could benefit from this type of pedagogy being taken up by similar classes.”​
Her parents must be so proud. :doubt:

Wouldn't it just be easier to flush 40 grand down the toilet?

So you think that they received 96 semester units and graduted with a four year degree for not shaving there armpits...?

Brilliant.

male Arizona State University students can receive extra credit for defying social norms and refusing to shave for 10 weeks during the semester.

Women and Gender Studies Professor Breanne Fahs, encourages her female students to cease shaving their underarms and legs during the semester and document their experiences in a journal.

“Many of my friends didn’t want to work out next to me or hear about the assignment, and my mother was distraught at the idea that I would be getting married in a white dress with armpit hair,” Robinson told ASU news.

Men are also allowed to receive extra credit, as long as they shave their bodies from the neck down.

Fahs says the experiment illustrates social issues with gender roles, particularly with the male participants.

--

Participant and student Jaqueline Gonzalez said the experience allowed her to start on a path of activism.

“The experience helped me better understand how pervasive gendered socialization is in our culture. Furthermore, by doing this kind of activist project I was no longer an armchair activist theorizing in the classroom.” she said. “So much is learned by actually taking part in the theory or idea we learn in the classroom, and we could benefit from this type of pedagogy being taken up by similar classes.”​

So you think that they received 96 semester units and graduted with a four year degree for not shaving there armpits...?

Brilliant.
So you think that they received 96 semester units and graduated with a four year degree for not shaving their armpits...?​

Fixed that for ya, Brilliant Boy.

--

I did that in college. Didn't know there were credits available. :)

You sweat a lot less sans armpit hair, though shaving my legs was a one-time mistake I never wanted to repeat as when the stubble comes in wearing jeans is very unpleasant.

If you're blowing 40k for college, you're way beyond whining about it being unnaturally stupid to begin with. "Ya I"m gonna put myself into lifelong indebtedness so I can get a better-paying job..." Take the 40 grand and invest it instead, be better off.

"The experience helped me better understand how pervasive gendered socialization is in our culture. Furthermore, by doing this kind of activist project I was no longer an armchair activist theorizing in the classroom. . . . So much is learned by actually taking part in the theory or idea we learn in the classroom, and we could benefit from this type of pedagogy being taken up by similar classes," she said in all seriousness without a hint of irony, as if she had stumbled upon the cure for cancer or discovered the secret of world peace.

Once again:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not according to the students who participated and that's what really matters.

No, what really matters is they're being saddled with unnecessary debt that they'll demand be forgiven with taxpayer money after they can't find employment due to their useless degree in Women's Studies.

an we kint be littin dem wimmin be gittin no edamufashun, now kin we.

Seriously? Are you really that stupid? Education?

Oh, the irony.

--

I did that in college. Didn't know there were credits available. :)

You sweat a lot less sans armpit hair, though shaving my legs was a one-time mistake I never wanted to repeat as when the stubble comes in wearing jeans is very unpleasant.

If you're blowing 40k for college, you're way beyond whining about it being unnaturally stupid to begin with. "Ya I"m gonna put myself into lifelong indebtedness so I can get a better-paying job..." Take the 40 grand and invest it instead, be better off.
Or go to a community and technical college and learn a skilled trade.

The 17th Century French Poetry industry is pretty much saturated.

A picture paints a thousand words.

images

Forum List

Back