University offers female students extra credit for not shaving their armpits

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
University offers female students extra credit for not shaving their armpits
male Arizona State University students can receive extra credit for defying social norms and refusing to shave for 10 weeks during the semester.

Women and Gender Studies Professor Breanne Fahs, encourages her female students to cease shaving their underarms and legs during the semester and document their experiences in a journal.

Student Stephanie Robinson said it was a “life changing experience.”

“Many of my friends didn’t want to work out next to me or hear about the assignment, and my mother was distraught at the idea that I would be getting married in a white dress with armpit hair,” Robinson told ASU news.

Men are also allowed to receive extra credit, as long as they shave their bodies from the neck down.

Fahs says the experiment illustrates social issues with gender roles, particularly with the male participants.

--

Participant and student Jaqueline Gonzalez said the experience allowed her to start on a path of activism.

“The experience helped me better understand how pervasive gendered socialization is in our culture. Furthermore, by doing this kind of activist project I was no longer an armchair activist theorizing in the classroom.” she said. “So much is learned by actually taking part in the theory or idea we learn in the classroom, and we could benefit from this type of pedagogy being taken up by similar classes.”​
Her parents must be so proud. :doubt:

Wouldn't it just be easier to flush 40 grand down the toilet?

That's an Easy A.

What are these girls learning that they need to learn it in college?

Channeling Stephanie:

OMG
What will the libtards do next.
They are leading us down the road to total destructio
n.

Posting as myself - Read the article people. Just, for a moment, open your mind and actually READ.

The article is nonsense.

Every so often women think they are being social activists by ceasing to shave their armpits and legs. They did it in the 60s. It is NOT liberating and it is not empowering. It is simply bad hygine and in our culture, quite ugly. While women are certainly free to experiment like this, and should, it isn't something that belongs in the cirriculum of higher education that people pay for.

It's like giving men extra credit if they stop bathing for ten weeks.

Not according to the students who participated and that's what really matters.

No, what really matters is they're being saddled with unnecessary debt that they'll demand be forgiven with taxpayer money after they can't find employment due to their useless degree in Women's Studies.

Who wouldn't be happy getting college credits for doing nothing.

That was far from nothing.

meh - Never mind.

There are some who will never understand the roles forced on us by our own culture. And, they'll certainly never understand the power one can get from getting free of those roles.

No, what really matters is they're being saddled with unnecessary debt that they'll demand be forgiven with taxpayer money after they can't find employment due to their useless degree in Women's Studies.

an we kint be littin dem wimmin be gittin no edamufashun, now kin we.

There's no education in letting armpit hair grow. None.

There is no employer that will hire someone whose accomplishment is hairy legs. You don't see this? Really? You think that this contributes to education in something employable? Really? The students shouldn't have a voice. They would support degrees in naptime if they could. with extra credit for binge drinking. That's why there are adult administrators. Adults who should start ACTING like adults.

You are a Human Resources Administrator for a multinational worldwide company. You are interviewing for a position that starts at six figures. How much weight will you give to an applicant whose scholastic accomplishment is letting armpit hair grow?

That there is ANYONE in the United States that thinks that the education of women is improved by educating them in hairy legs and armpit hair is a sad, VERY SAD commentary on the unfortunate state of female education in this country.

I remember the time when the Ivy League schools for women had courses in how to set a formal table. Vassar had degrees in home management, how to walk, modulating the female voice so as not to shriek. Entire educational systems that never prepared for women to get anything other than an MRS degree. They were a joke, women got out of college able to do nothing except maybe be a housekeeper if they didn't marry.

This is just as bad. It's a way of keeping women out of the workforce while at the same time telling them there is an advantage in being socially aware.

I'm fairly certain you have no education, Dudley. Do you even know what a college looks like?

The class called "Women and Gender Studies".

Sadly, this is what passes for education in todays hyper PC liberal universities.

And the graduates of this nonsense are totally mystified as to why they can't find a job in their field of study. .. :cuckoo:

I remember the time when the Ivy League schools for women had courses in how to set a formal table. Vassar had degrees in home management, how to walk, modulating the female voice so as not to shriek. Entire educational systems that never prepared for women to get anything other than an MRS degree. They were a joke, women got out of college able to do nothing except maybe be a housekeeper if they didn't marry.

This is just as bad. It's a way of keeping women out of the workforce while at the same time telling them there is an advantage in being socially aware.

In effect creating the evidence they need to claim women are being discriminated against.

I'm surprised the professor didn't give extra credit to the women if they would wear men's flannel shirts, heavy work boots, and get a mullet hair cut.

Ya know, the complete dyke look. . :cuckoo: :lol:

They should do this a month before spring break....
Hell the kids are so drunk and high no one would notice.

Men are also allowed to receive extra credit, as long as they shave their bodies from the neck down.

Fahs says the experiment illustrates social issues with gender roles, particularly with the male participants.
Any guy that's enrolled in a "Women and Gender Studies" class is most likely a faggot and already shaves himself for his boyfriend. .. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back