United states of Iraq

If you can avoid the name calling and the infantile inuendo, post with some respect for others and maintian a level of civility, we can actually carry on a conversation. If not, I will balst away at you until I get tired of your nonsense and put you on ignore (unless you get banned first)

CSM, i thought you were going to reply with a foundation, or a single fact? I respect most of your posts but this one was driven mostly on frustration. None of my questions were answerd, none of my opinions were refuted. The only thing i actually got from your post was that you were against pulling out troops in vietnam, and your against pulling out troops in IRAQ. CSM, you know it is possible to lose a war right? You know it is also possible to slowly take casualty's without making substantial progress militarily and diplomatically? My opinion was that, our leadership has progressivly pushed us further and further into issolation, cut off all diplomatic persuasion with surrounding country's of iraq who could be of great help to us and IRAQ. Why make this another vietnam? Why is it so hard to talk to surrounding countrys and come out with some kind of agreement, some kind of boarder controll, some kind of funding? Or even some kind of advice on what we can do and how we can get everyones help?

Why are you, and President bush so pridefull? If things are going bad, we cant force victory or force an outcome that is impossible. Our occupancy of iraq, will not slow down centuries of religous violence. The iraqi people are the only ones who can do this, by decentralizing this country, maybe even dividing it equally all together in terms of territory and oil.

CSM, i thought you were going to reply with a foundation, or a single fact? I respect most of your posts but this one was driven mostly on frustration. None of my questions were answerd, none of my opinions were refuted. The only thing i actually got from your post was that you were against pulling out troops in vietnam, Yep I was and your against pulling out troops in IRAQ yep I am. CSM, you know it is possible to lose a war right? Yes it is... but that should not be the objective in my opinion You know it is also possible to slowly take casualty's without making substantial progress militarily and diplomatically? Indeed it is ... My opinion was that, our leadership has progressivly pushed us further and further into issolation, cut off all diplomatic persuasion with surrounding country's of iraq who could be of great help to us and IRAQ. Why make this another vietnam? We don't have to, but the left is sure trying to make it that way. Why is it so hard to talk to surrounding countrys and come out with some kind of agreement, some kind of boarder controll, some kind of funding? Optional, but remember that those surrounding countries have been opposed to the US long before we invaded Iraq...why should we trust them now? Or even some kind of advice on what we can do and how we can get everyones help?

Why are you, and President bush so pridefull? Because I can be...If things are going bad, we cant force victory or force an outcome that is impossible. Just because the anti war crowd says things are going badly doesn't mean they truly are...D-Day wasn't exactly a walk in the park, but that doesn't mean we should have quit. Our occupancy of iraq, will not slow down centuries of religous violence. The iraqi people are the only ones who can do this, by decentralizing this country, maybe even dividing it equally all together in terms of territory and oil.

I agree with your last sentence, however, the Iraqii people have to have a chance to work that out.

Well at least we agree on something right? let us pray :eusa_pray: haha jk i just wanted to put that funny ass face up. Does anyone know what that face is saying?

Anyway to stay relavent, I have a question. Since the congress passed the phased withdraw bill, and ofcourse, the president will veto it. What can the congress do next? Does it have the power to vote to overturn the veto? Or will congress keep voting on binding resolutions that will be vetoed? Is there an end to this cycle? Will the supreme court step in?

Well at least we agree on something right? let us pray :eusa_pray: haha jk i just wanted to put that funny ass face up. Does anyone know what that face is saying?

Anyway to stay relavent, I have a question. Since the congress passed the phased withdraw bill, and ofcourse, the president will veto it. What can the congress do next? Does it have the power to vote to overturn the veto? Or will congress keep voting on binding resolutions that will be vetoed? Is there an end to this cycle? Will the supreme court step in?

If Congress can muster up 2/3 to override, the bill can be passed despite the President's veto. If they cannot, the bill is dead. The cycle may continue ad nauseam or until the voting public gets tired of it and throws the bums out of either the Congress or the Executive.

Bullshit. If you are attributing that to me you are being totally dishonest. Care to comment on the numbers of Australians who gave their lives since WW II??? I didn't think so.

plenty of ozzies died in the vietnam war,

Forum List

Back