United States Marine Corps..... Happy Birthday!

I was never a Marine.

I know. I was being facetious. Celebrities are generally well received by military personnel. Anyone who takes the time to show some appreciation is okay in my book. When I was in Afghanistan, Vince Vaughn went out to Salerno (about as far forward as they'd let a celebrity go) and pinned some E-5's stripes on him. I don't agree with his politics, but I respect the hell out of him for doing that.

Maybe you were being silly, but I doubt Timberlake was anything but well received. Of course, it's hard to give liberal Hollywood any credit, isn't it?

I'm not dissing JT, I am happy that he honored his word... I'm just saying that, in my view, he was the lucky one.

Okay.

Props to the USMC for not kicking his chicken ass.

He's the one to be honored, props to them for allowing him in.

If you can't say anything nice...........

You would have bitched if he turned down the date, and you bitch about him, not only showing up, but taking the time to write about what a moving experience it was.

Like you would have turned down a date with Timberlake when you were a Marine.

I was never a Marine. Many of my closest friends are though.... and I'd date a Marine over Timberlake every day of the week.

I'm not dissing JT, I am happy that he honored his word... I'm just saying that, in my view, he was the lucky one.

:rofl:

words have meanings :eusa_shhh:

My son works out with some of the group that was with Kelsey and Justin at the ball. They are reporting that he was truly humbled and for real, had a good time, just like he blogged.

Also, Kelsey is a Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP) instructor. She is known here in the Quantico area as a bad ass.

I was never a Marine.

I know. I was being facetious. Celebrities are generally well received by military personnel. Anyone who takes the time to show some appreciation is okay in my book. When I was in Afghanistan, Vince Vaughn went out to Salerno (about as far forward as they'd let a celebrity go) and pinned some E-5's stripes on him. I don't agree with his politics, but I respect the hell out of him for doing that.

Maybe you were being silly, but I doubt Timberlake was anything but well received. Of course, it's hard to give liberal Hollywood any credit, isn't it?

Okay.

Generally, I have very little respect for 'celebrities'... regardless of their political persuasion... but trust you to think it's relevant.

I'd rather date a decent Marine than JT... or any other 'celebrity'.

Forum List

Back