United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice Totally VINDICATED

Rice's record as UN ambassador is sad. For example:

Rice has been silent on numerous important issues and ineffective when she does engage. She skipped Security Council meetings when Israel needed defending and even failed to show up for the emergency session on the Gaza Flotilla incident.

Rice didn’t even show up for the first two emergency Security Council meetings on the unfolding Arab Spring revolution last year.

Rice had nothing critical to say when Iran was elected to the U.N. women’s committee. Are you kidding me?

She didn’t complain when Libya was elected to the U.N. Human Rights Council.

She was absent from the Haiti crisis meeting and was a no-show for the last open meeting scheduled before the planned U.N. vote to recognize Palestinian statehood.

And as for the defense that she just repeated the unclassified talking points, that doesn't say much for her independence and judgment. (And it certainly puts the lie to Obama's claim in the second debate that he called the Benghazi attack a terrorist act the day after it occurred. The deleted segment from his CBS "60 Minutes" interview alone proves that he lied about this.)

This is the person you want as Secretary of State???

Last edited:
Rice's record as UN ambassador is sad. For example:

Rice has been silent on numerous important issues and ineffective when she does engage. She skipped Security Council meetings when Israel needed defending and even failed to show up for the emergency session on the Gaza Flotilla incident.

Rice didn’t even show up for the first two emergency Security Council meetings on the unfolding Arab Spring revolution last year.

Rice had nothing critical to say when Iran was elected to the U.N. women’s committee. Are you kidding me?

She didn’t complain when Libya was elected to the U.N. Human Rights Council.

She was absent from the Haiti crisis meeting and was a no-show for the last open meeting scheduled before the planned U.N. vote to recognize Palestinian statehood.

And as for the defense that she just repeated the unclassified talking points, that doesn't say much for her independence and judgment. (And it certainly puts the lie to Obama's claim in the second debate that he called the Benghazi attack a terrorist act the day after it occurred. The deleted segment from his CBS "60 Minutes" interview alone proves that he lied about this.)

This is the person you want as Secretary of State???

That was the most outrageous thing I've seen the media do. What an outrage.

Susan Rice for Secretary of State! If she's good enough for President Obama, she's good enough for me! As president, he has every right to appoint his choice!

Susan Rice for Secretary of State! If she's good enough for President Obama, she's good enough for me! As president, he has every right to appoint his choice!

Susan Rice, in her role as UN Ambassador was able to broker an agreement among several disparate countries to impose crippling sanctions on Iran in furtherance of US policy to isolate Iran and bring that country to the negotiating table (which they've recently acknowledged) in an effort to hopefully end their nuclear ambitions without the need for war. Of COURSE she's qualified to be Secretary of State. And her people skills stand in stark contrast to that conservative hero, John Bolton, who miraculously managed to antagonize even people on his own staff.

Susan Rice, in her role as UN Ambassador was able to broker an agreement among several disparate countries to impose crippling sanctions on Iran in furtherance of US policy to isolate Iran and bring that country to the negotiating table (which they've recently acknowledged) in an effort to hopefully end their nuclear ambitions without the need for war. Of COURSE she's qualified to be Secretary of State. And her people skills stand in stark contrast to that conservative hero, John Bolton, who miraculously managed to antagonize even people on his own staff.

Well said. John "Nuke Iran" Bolton is insane. He was one of Bush's recess appointments - because Bush knew the Senate wouldn't confirm him.

And she has the votes in the Senate because...THE GOP LOST!:badgrin::badgrin:

Forum List

Back