Unions send 95% to Democrats...so isn't like Koch brothers' letter?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
People are so worked up about Koch Brothers, David Siegal of Westgate letters to their employees explaining how anti-business Obama has been -- I wonder if they are just as upset about the labor unions threatening members if they don't vote for Obama?

NOW the FACTS are that Union members are forced by unions to join the union. They are forced to have dues deducted.
95% of unions contribute to Democrats - (See below link).
Teachers Unions | OpenSecrets

'Labor | OpenSecrets

85% reporters vote Democratic is backed up by:
"MSNBC.com identified 144 journalists who made political contributions from 2004 through the start of the 2008 campaign, according to the public records of the Federal Election Commission.
125 journalists gave to Democrats and liberal causes. Only 17 gave to Republicans. Two gave to both parties."
Journalists give campaign cash - politics | NBC News

If any of you good union members care to be honest and sharing of letters sent to you similar to letter sent to Koch and Siegel warning union members they better vote for Obama that would be interesting!

And if any of you have liberal biased hacks that write for biased MSM, I would be interested to see your refutation that 85% vote Democrat.

Last edited:
Our house has been receiving a lot of phone calls recently from Jacques Loveall.

My neighbors to the left of me are both Union employees (private sector) and with all their yard signs I would say they don't vote Democrat.

People are so worked up about Koch Brothers, David Siegal of Westgate letters to their employees explaining how anti-business Obama has been -- I wonder if they are just as upset about the labor unions threatening members if they don't vote for Obama?

NOW the FACTS are that Union members are forced by unions to join the union. They are forced to have dues deducted.
95% of unions contribute to Democrats - (See below link).
Teachers Unions | OpenSecrets

'Labor | OpenSecrets

85% reporters vote Democratic is backed up by:
"MSNBC.com identified 144 journalists who made political contributions from 2004 through the start of the 2008 campaign, according to the public records of the Federal Election Commission.
125 journalists gave to Democrats and liberal causes. Only 17 gave to Republicans. Two gave to both parties."
Journalists give campaign cash - politics | NBC News

If any of you good union members care to be honest and sharing of letters sent to you similar to letter sent to Koch and Siegel warning union members they better vote for Obama that would be interesting!

And if any of you have liberal biased hacks that write for biased MSM, I would be interested to see your refutation that 85% vote Democrat.

How will anyone know who votes for who if they don't tell anyone who they voted for? Is the union boss going to check each and every ballot cast by every member in the union? Are they going to stand behind each voter and look over their shoulders as they mark their ballots? If your boss threatened you by saying "You'd better vote for Obama... or else!", would you fall for something so stupid if your preference were for Romney or would you (at least in your mind) tell your boss to go take a flying fuck? This whole concept of bosses telling employees who to vote for boils down to nothing but a big bag of hot air being blown by someone I probably wouldn't want to work for in the first place.

Forum List

Back